Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to everyone!

tag
resilient
Established Contributor

Thanks to everyone!

True Story

As you can tell from my username, I didn't always have good credit. I started snooping around on this forum back in April of 2012, when my credit score was around 620 and rebounding off of past mistakes I made while in college and afterwards. When I joined the forum, I had a $27k car loan with a 4.9% rate, a $300 Household Bank Card that I had had since 2007 that never grew for the 5 years I'd had it, and about 10 student loans that were reporting paid as agreed because they were in deferment. Long story short, a few things fell off between April and September ( from disputes and baddies aging off ), and I found myself on a crazy app spree. My Equifax was 690, Transunion was 726 and my Experian was 746. I used the knowledge here to know which lender pulled which bureau, and I acquired about 6 cards in September, 4 in October, and 3 more between November and March this year. I'm not talking about low limit cards either....my first app was for PenFed, which had initially denied me for an auto loan in October 2011. I was approved for $12,000. The came First National Bank of Omaha for $4100, which grew....and then came the Chase accounts.....$10k Hyatt, $12k Southwest, $5k Freedom. I mean in a matter of months, I went from denial to in style (corny, I know). I want to thank each and every one of you for your input, eventhough I was a silent member for the most part, your help and efforts did not go unnoticed for me.  With 14 cards, my scores are still in the 700s, with 10% utilization. However, I burned NFCU, AmEx, USAA, and Discover back in college and those are the only cards I can not get....but I have enough to manage now. Again, thanks to you all!

BankAmericard Visa Signature                                   $15,000

BankAmericard Cash Rewards World Mastercard  $10,000

Belk Store Card                                                              $  1,000

Chase Freedom                                                             $   5,000

Chase Hyatt Visa Signature                                        $ 10,000

Chase Military Star MasterCard                                 $   3,050

Chase Southwest Visa Signature                              $ 12,000

Dillard's AmEx                                                               $   5,100

FNBO Chrysler MasterCard                                        $   8,600

Military Star Card                                                          $   4,775

PenFed Cash Rewards Visa                                      $ 12,000

Service CU Platinum Visa                                           $10,000

TIC FCU Visa Diamond                                               $10,000

US Bank Cash Rewards                                             $   5,000

Walmart Discover                                                         $   4,500

Wyndham Rewards Visa                                            $   2,500

Total Credit Lines                                                         $113,750    

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Thanks to everyone!

Nice 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 16
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

Congrats!  Great accomplishments, and impressive line up there!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 4 of 16
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats!  myFICO members are awesome Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
resilient
Established Contributor

Thank you! You all deserve the credit! The members are awesome! Now if I could only figure out how to get my BofA Visa Siggy to report the limit.....

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 6 of 16
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Great success story! Outstanding diligence op!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 16
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

That's some good progress and a nice wallet full of cards Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 8 of 16
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

excellent banks and excellent CLs, yep your excellent!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 16
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@resilient wrote:

Thank you! You all deserve the credit! The members are awesome! Now if I could only figure out how to get my BofA Visa Siggy to report the limit.....

haha if you ever find out, please do share - BoA is my only 5 digit CC limit, and it doesn't even report! *sigh*

You have fantastic cards + limits!  Definitely something I might pass on to one of my friends that feels like rebuilding her credit is pointless (b/c she burned some bridges when she was 18).

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.