cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to this forum

tag
hockey16z

Thanks to this forum

When I first turned 18, I tried applying for some CC's thinking that since I have had a checking/savings account with Chase, they'd accept me. I was wrong and got denied. Eventually, my mom agreed to add me as a AU to her Chase Sapphire CC ($5k limit). About a year later (now 19), I applied for a Discover IT Student card and got accepted for $1k CL.

Question: on the letter that came in the mail with the card is says the TransUnion score is 751, is this correct? Isn't that really high?

Next I applied for Chase Freedom, at first is was pending, but I saw a thread on here that said to call their reconsideration line (couldn't find this number anywhere on their website)... So I called and the guy initially told me it was denied, but he said to give him a few minutes and he'll see what he can do. Bam 2 minutes later, $500 CL.

I know the CL's aren't that high, but it's just something to help me get started on my own.

Question 2: anyway to increase the limits?

So thanks for the recon # Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
subsnao
Regular Contributor

Re: Thanks to this forum

If it says FICO on on the letter, then yes that is the real score. It helps being an AU on a card with such a high limit, especially if it is PIF every month. Congrats on the approvals! To increase your limits, just use the card and PIF every month if you can. Build some payment history and ask for a CLI in about 6 months. Remember, a CLI request from Chase is a hard pull, so be ready to have another INQ and your CR. Discover will give you an auto-CLI after 3 months IIRC.

In the garden as of 2/22/2015
Scores:
TU: 753 (Discover FICO 7/2014) EQ: 721 (FICO 4/2014) EX: 723 (FICO 3/2014)
Message 2 of 14
hockey16z

Yes it says fico and my mom's CC is paid in full (assume that's what PIF means) every month.

Message 3 of 14
subsnao
Regular Contributor

@hockey16z wrote:

Yes it says fico and my mom's CC is paid in full (assume that's what PIF means) every month.

Then that is your real score. Discover pulls TU pretty much exclusively, so it may be possible that your scores with the other 2 are the same or lower.

Scores:
Message 4 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@hockey16z wrote:

When I first turned 18, I tried applying for some CC's thinking that since I have had a checking/savings account with Chase, they'd accept me. I was wrong and got denied. Eventually, my mom agreed to add me as a AU to her Chase Sapphire CC ($5k limit). About a year later (now 19), I applied for a Discover IT Student card and got accepted for $1k CL.

Question: on the letter that came in the mail with the card is says the TransUnion score is 751, is this correct? Isn't that really high?

Next I applied for Chase Freedom, at first is was pending, but I saw a thread on here that said to call their reconsideration line (couldn't find this number anywhere on their website)... So I called and the guy initially told me it was denied, but he said to give him a few minutes and he'll see what he can do. Bam 2 minutes later, $500 CL.

I know the CL's aren't that high, but it's just something to help me get started on my own.

Question 2: anyway to increase the limits?

So thanks for the recon # Smiley Happy

Congrats on the approvals, the high fico score and the successful recon.

ANSWER

Since you had to recon the freedom I would just use the card and see if they auto CLI you after 6 months. Same with Discover

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 14
hockey16z

@subsnao wrote:

@hockey16z wrote:

Then that is your real score. Discover pulls TU pretty much exclusively, so it may be possible that your scores with the other 2 are the same or lower.

Alright cool, will Chase have my credit score on the letter when it comes it?

Message 6 of 14
subsnao
Regular Contributor

@hockey16z wrote:

@subsnao wrote:

@hockey16z wrote:

Alright cool, will Chase have my credit score on the letter when it comes it?

Yes. I have no idea which score Chase pulls, but it will tell you your score and which bureau they pulled from.

Scores:
Message 7 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your approvals. Discover may auto CLI you in 3mos. Chase may auto as well but the timing is anybody's guess. If you initiate a CLI with Chase it will be a Hp.

My advice, on a thin file let time be your friend. Show the lenders you can use credit wisely.
Message 8 of 14
hockey16z

@09Lexie wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your approvals. Discover may auto CLI you in 3mos. Chase may auto as well but the timing is anybody's guess. If you initiate a CLI with Chase it will be a Hp.

My advice, on a thin file let time be your friend. Show the lenders you can use credit wisely.

Thank you. Yes I will just see if they increase my limit (not going to request for a year at least) and I'll pay them off in full. 

Message 9 of 14
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

congratz on approvals to the OP but as far as Discover pulling trans exclusively i think not loll they always pull EQ for me sadly lol..

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.