Reply
Member
hockey16z
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎08-26-2013
0

Thanks to this forum

[ Edited ]

When I first turned 18, I tried applying for some CC's thinking that since I have had a checking/savings account with Chase, they'd accept me. I was wrong and got denied. Eventually, my mom agreed to add me as a AU to her Chase Sapphire CC ($5k limit). About a year later (now 19), I applied for a Discover IT Student card and got accepted for $1k CL.

Question: on the letter that came in the mail with the card is says the TransUnion score is 751, is this correct? Isn't that really high?

 

Next I applied for Chase Freedom, at first is was pending, but I saw a thread on here that said to call their reconsideration line (couldn't find this number anywhere on their website)... So I called and the guy initially told me it was denied, but he said to give him a few minutes and he'll see what he can do. Bam 2 minutes later, $500 CL.

 

I know the CL's aren't that high, but it's just something to help me get started on my own.

Question 2: anyway to increase the limits?

 

So thanks for the recon # :smileyhappy:

Regular Contributor
subsnao
Posts: 132
Registered: ‎08-22-2013
0

Re: Thanks to this forum

[ Edited ]

If it says FICO on on the letter, then yes that is the real score. It helps being an AU on a card with such a high limit, especially if it is PIF every month. Congrats on the approvals! To increase your limits, just use the card and PIF every month if you can. Build some payment history and ask for a CLI in about 6 months. Remember, a CLI request from Chase is a hard pull, so be ready to have another INQ and your CR. Discover will give you an auto-CLI after 3 months IIRC.


In the garden as of 8/28/2014
Scores:
TU: 753 (Discover FICO 7/2014) EQ: 721 (FICO 4/2014) EX: 723 (FICO 3/2014)
Age: 21
Member
hockey16z
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎08-26-2013
0

Re: Thanks to this forum

Yes it says fico and my mom's CC is paid in full (assume that's what PIF means) every month.

Regular Contributor
subsnao
Posts: 132
Registered: ‎08-22-2013
0

Re: Thanks to this forum


hockey16z wrote:

Yes it says fico and my mom's CC is paid in full (assume that's what PIF means) every month.


Then that is your real score. Discover pulls TU pretty much exclusively, so it may be possible that your scores with the other 2 are the same or lower.


In the garden as of 8/28/2014
Scores:
TU: 753 (Discover FICO 7/2014) EQ: 721 (FICO 4/2014) EX: 723 (FICO 3/2014)
Age: 21
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,204
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Thanks to this forum


hockey16z wrote:

When I first turned 18, I tried applying for some CC's thinking that since I have had a checking/savings account with Chase, they'd accept me. I was wrong and got denied. Eventually, my mom agreed to add me as a AU to her Chase Sapphire CC ($5k limit). About a year later (now 19), I applied for a Discover IT Student card and got accepted for $1k CL.

Question: on the letter that came in the mail with the card is says the TransUnion score is 751, is this correct? Isn't that really high?

 

Next I applied for Chase Freedom, at first is was pending, but I saw a thread on here that said to call their reconsideration line (couldn't find this number anywhere on their website)... So I called and the guy initially told me it was denied, but he said to give him a few minutes and he'll see what he can do. Bam 2 minutes later, $500 CL.

 

I know the CL's aren't that high, but it's just something to help me get started on my own.

Question 2: anyway to increase the limits?

 

So thanks for the recon # :smileyhappy:


Congrats on the approvals, the high fico score and the successful recon.

ANSWER

Since you had to recon the freedom I would just use the card and see if they auto CLI you after 6 months. Same with Discover

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Member
hockey16z
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎08-26-2013
0

Re: Thanks to this forum


subsnao wrote:

hockey16z wrote:

Yes it says fico and my mom's CC is paid in full (assume that's what PIF means) every month.


Then that is your real score. Discover pulls TU pretty much exclusively, so it may be possible that your scores with the other 2 are the same or lower.


Alright cool, will Chase have my credit score on the letter when it comes it?

Regular Contributor
subsnao
Posts: 132
Registered: ‎08-22-2013
0

Re: Thanks to this forum


hockey16z wrote:

subsnao wrote:

hockey16z wrote:

Yes it says fico and my mom's CC is paid in full (assume that's what PIF means) every month.


Then that is your real score. Discover pulls TU pretty much exclusively, so it may be possible that your scores with the other 2 are the same or lower.


Alright cool, will Chase have my credit score on the letter when it comes it?


Yes. I have no idea which score Chase pulls, but it will tell you your score and which bureau they pulled from.


In the garden as of 8/28/2014
Scores:
TU: 753 (Discover FICO 7/2014) EQ: 721 (FICO 4/2014) EX: 723 (FICO 3/2014)
Age: 21
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 25,373
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Thanks to this forum

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your approvals. Discover may auto CLI you in 3mos. Chase may auto as well but the timing is anybody's guess. If you initiate a CLI with Chase it will be a Hp.

My advice, on a thin file let time be your friend. Show the lenders you can use credit wisely.
Member
hockey16z
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎08-26-2013
0

Re: Thanks to this forum


09Lexie wrote:
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your approvals. Discover may auto CLI you in 3mos. Chase may auto as well but the timing is anybody's guess. If you initiate a CLI with Chase it will be a Hp.

My advice, on a thin file let time be your friend. Show the lenders you can use credit wisely.

Thank you. Yes I will just see if they increase my limit (not going to request for a year at least) and I'll pay them off in full. 

Established Contributor
shaun2009
Posts: 646
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: Thanks to this forum

congratz on approvals to the OP but as far as Discover pulling trans exclusively i think not loll they always pull EQ for me sadly lol..

Current Credit Cards
| PayPal MC: $7.5K | WalMart MC: $7.5K | Discover IT: $6.5K | USB Platinum: $5K | Sams MC: $5K |
| CapitalOne QS: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | USB Select: $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
CapitalOne QuickSilver, Discover IT, Sam's MasterCard
AmEx EveryDay, Chase Freedom, US Bank Cash+
Last Application: 6/23/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+