Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks to you all i got great cards..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to you all i got great cards..

I must say a very heart felt thank you to everyone on here that post and help others. I have been following the boards for a few months now. My credit scores were in the toilet, like low 500's. I could only get a few low limit cards, such as capital one secured and an orchard bank. with some advice from here and some steady work on my part i got my scores up to the low 600's, in fact tu went from like 500 to 644 recently. So i decided to take a plung in and try for a few tu cards, menaing GE. I had have alot of inq over the last year but not many on tu so i thought it might work since my score was now at 644. I have a few old baddied on there too that worried me but i disputed them so not sure if that helped any. So far today i aplied for two GE cards, walmart and amazon store card. Well i am super happy to report i was APPROVED for BOTH with walmart limit at $600 and amazon at $700, wooohoooo...long road getting here and i know there mot visa, mastercard,american express or discover but for me after the long process of rebuilding there like GOLD ot me. Again thank you and i look forward to posting more good news in the future. Anyone that has been down like me, hold your head up because if i could get these and rebuild anyone can..take care and god bless..

Billy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

Re: Thanks to you all i got great cards..

congrats!!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 2 of 6
rtw
Established Contributor

Congrats! This forum is awesome.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, its amazing here. Here is a little update. I figured since i went 2 for 2 i would go for 3 for 3 because i have to go to the dentist tomorrow and not sure how much work i will need done after this visit so i applied for the Carecredit before my other 2 inq post to report and OMG, i got approved for $1200, like amazing and my highest limit ever. Now does this report to all 3 cra? i sure hope so..Ok, i think i am done with GE for today, i don't want to many inq on tu but would be willing to go for a major card they support if anyone knows of one...lol..other then that thank you all once again..

Message 4 of 6
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

When I started out here I had 2 capital ones with $500 and $750 limits and scores in the upper 500's. Look at my siggy now and it was 2 years ago. I tell everyone that this place is the best. READ AND LEARN, its that easy.

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am hoping to get those kind of results over the next year..I am going to garden now for the rest of the year except i will go for the 4 month cli on the cards i just got. Hoping by next year as they grow and age i can go for a prime card that has evaded me for years..lol

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.