cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That Moment You Know You Made It....

tag
hot4u
Established Contributor

Re: That Moment You Know You Made It....

Congrats....

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 31 of 36
DomoNomo
Contributor

This was an awesome read.  I was in the same boat as you and refused to file BK crawling to make ends meet.  This brought back memories of struggling, stress from unwated phone calls and the feeling of defeat.  Perseverance pays off.  Good job OP.

Message 32 of 36
compassion101
Established Contributor

nice job!

Message 33 of 36
ptilda
Established Contributor

Good work! You deserve to get happy!

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 34 of 36
sailor_mercury
Valued Contributor

@supervelous wrote:

Over the Hump....

What a journey, I'm feeling really good right now.  In 07 and 08 I was at financial rock bottom.  Get paid Friday money gone by Monday, late fees, over limit fees, phone calls, at the breaking point.  Despite this I was so determined to never declare BK (I am not saying there's anything wrong with that though) and not let anything get charged off.  

Sooo many lates over the years but always paid.  27 lates on my report, a 90 day in 07', a 60 day in 09', then in 12'  two 30 days.  Nothing late in 2013 and a big jump in income and paid down a ton of debt.  Stopped apping for stuff bc ALWAYS declined.  Stopped going out the last couple years even though I am only 31.  Income of 75K, but living below my means to dent my debt. No vacations, Living paycheck to paycheck, having to sometimes choose what to pay and what to let go a little late..

But I feel like I JUST hit that point, where my situation is good enough that I am getting opportunities again and it feels so good.  Got big raise earlier this year. Car is paid off in 3 more months, and only $3,000 debt otherwise.  FICO's finally made it to high 600's.  First step just 2 weeks ago I decided to test my newfound FICO decentness and submitted for a CLI with Cap 1 on a $300 limit card...CLI declined.  All my cards had low limits, $300, $500, $250, $300, $700 and one decent $1,700 Express card.  

Then the turning point.  App for Chase Freedom Approved for $5K, CSP approved $6,200, and just now Discover It and approved for $8,500!  Good thing is I don't even NEED these.  I will use for rewards, and bonuses, and PIF each month and get the rewards.  Also will now refrain from apps for awhile and hopefully watch my FICO go up in time over 700.

I feel kind of dumb for getting so excited about this, but I'm sure a lot of people on this forum can relate, it's the Journey that you took that makes it so much sweeter.

Big Congrats!!!  I deff know what it feels like all too well.  I certainly admire your hard work and dilligence!

Edited: because sheesh....  this is about your journey, not mine Smiley Happy

But yes, I have struggled for YEARS and have had some great approvals in the last 3 weeks.  2006-2012 were rock bottom.  But now things are looking up.  Maybe I will get a homeloan in the next year Smiley Happy

Best of luck to you!

NFCU nCashRewards VISA - $20,000 | NFCU nRewards $10,000
AMEX Costco TrueEarnings $5,000 | AMEX Delta Gold $1,500
Chase SWA VISA $5,000 | Chase Slate $3,500 | Chase Amazon Rewards VISA $3,000
HSN Mastecard $3,500
Message 35 of 36
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Awesome story Smiley Happy

And, my jaw literally dropped when I read your last paragraph.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.