Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That's it, no more. Freezing CRs.

tag
USF813
Frequent Contributor

That's it, no more. Freezing CRs.

After getting approved by barclays and chase my AAOA (and my heart) can't take it anymore....not to mention my scores!
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: That's it, no more. Freezing CRs.

Great idea!!
Message 2 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Lmfaooo your not alone mine went from 3/4yrs to like 6months but the good thing is that my scores didn't really dip. I'm still in the 700s on all 3 bureaus actually lowest being 721 EX and 757 TU (Discover FICO).  Last I checked EQ it was 761 on 05/05/14 but I added 3 more INQs and 7 new accounts since then. Only wish I can take my mind off the Chase Hyatt - the only card I need right now to be complete but other than that it's gardening till 2016 for me.

Message 3 of 16
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

I've recently put all 3 CRs in freezer. It's given me a lot of peace. 

Also, with a sad AAoA to begin with, I'm hoping that in a year the TLs will look nice and full-grown. 

I have a decent set of cards now, and can't think of any other card that I really need to add Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I should probably do the same but since I did not yet get my first denial I am going to try  for two more cards next week and should  I get my first denial then know for sure I have reached my limit with new accounts ..lol..  Still not sure if freezing is a good idea as I would hate  not beeing able to access the free services like CK, Quizzle, CS, credit.com, etc.. so still debating if freezing my reports or not.

Message 5 of 16
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

I should probably do the same but since I did not yet get my first denial I am going to try  for two more cards next week and should  I get my first denial then know for sure I have reached my limit with new accounts ..lol..  Still not sure if freezing is a good idea as I would hate  not beeing able to access the free services like CK, Quizzle, CS, credit.com, etc.. so still debating if freezing my reports or not.

I had created my CK and CS account before freezing the reports. I still get updates from both accounts. I'll update if something changes. 

The credit tracker from Cap One also mentions that there is a freeze in place, and still there is a permissible purpose: I'm checking my own report, so they can access it.

I'm not sure if you could start a new monitoring service once the freeze is in place. You can still access free reports from annualcreditreport.com or ask the CRAs for free report upon adverse action / denial of credit.

Message 6 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I had created my CK and CS account before freezing the reports. I still get updates from both accounts. I'll update if something changes. 

The credit tracker from Cap One also mentions that there is a freeze in place, and still there is a permissible purpose: I'm checking my own report, so they can access it.

I'm not sure if you could start a new monitoring service once the freeze is in place. You can still access free reports from annualcreditreport.com or ask the CRAs for free report upon adverse action / denial of credit.

Thanks a lot. That is good to know. So no reason (or excuse) not to freeze my reports  when I am done with apping Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 16
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Thanks a lot. That is good to know. So no reason (or excuse) not to freeze my reports  when I am done with apping Smiley Happy

For me, it was two-in-one: (a) prevent myself from drapping and (b) hopefully prevent ID theft and fraud. Quite a few members have suggested this; I think from a discipline perspective it is great too. 

I think the Slate application did it. It was a genuine drapping case. No need, full of remorse later. Heck, it'll come in handy in 6 months to pad up my Freedom limit (which is a toy one right now). That app screwed my chances of AMEX CLIs like forever. Gardening since then and making sure no more drapping. 

Message 8 of 16
baller4life
Super Contributor

Lmao@drapping.. Haha it happens!
Message 9 of 16
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

well no reason other than it costs money :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.