cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2009 Tough Love-Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Thanks Mom.  Smiley Wink

(I was REALLY prepared to get a 'talkin to'!)

ETA:  Time to check back into the center.  Do I get my old room back?

Sure!

Your group sessions will be at 9, 10:30, 1, 4, and 7, and recreational therapy is at 8, 2:30, and 5.

You'll be too tired for any more app'ing! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 41 of 91
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

haulingthescoreup wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Thanks Mom.  Smiley Wink

(I was REALLY prepared to get a 'talkin to'!)

ETA:  Time to check back into the center.  Do I get my old room back?

Sure!

Your group sessions will be at 9, 10:30, 1, 4, and 7, and recreational therapy is at 8, 2:30, and 5.

You'll be too tired for any more app'ing! Smiley Wink

Any HVT??  We haven't had much of that for awhile!  Smiley Wink
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 42 of 91
oracles
Valued Contributor

I am assuming ETA stands for Edit to add (please correct me if i am wrong), however what is HVT? lol thanks
Message 43 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Yep, ETA = edit to add.

HVT = harsh verbal therapy, a phrase from the original Sleigh Center days. The first time I saw it, I thought it meant High Voltage Therapy, and I wondered what exactly went on on this site.

Here's SpecFile's classic HVT:

HVT excerpt from the Sleigh Center thread

btw, the relapse rate at the Sleigh Center was somewhere around 140%, as best as I could tell, so you might not want to start reading it. Smiley Surprised

I'm saving HVT for what I consider dumb, impulsive, unjustifiable apping. The oh-cool-a-Hello-Kitty-card-that-would-be-so-much-fun-to-pull-out-in-front-of-my-friends apping. Or the everyone-else-is-suddenly-apping-WallyWorld-I'd-better-app-too apping.

Like what flitted through my brain last night when I got a letter from Citi saying I was pre-approved to apply for a Platinum Select something-or-other. ("pre-approved to apply?" They're going to allow me to apply? Cool!) One little brain spasm of gee, why not. Then I pulled myself back together.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 44 of 91
oracles
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Yep, ETA = edit to add.

HVT = harsh verbal therapy, a phrase from the original Sleigh Center days. The first time I saw it, I thought it meant High Voltage Therapy, and I wondered what exactly went on on this site.

Here's SpecFile's classic HVT:

HVT excerpt from the Sleigh Center thread

btw, the relapse rate at the Sleigh Center was somewhere around 140%, as best as I could tell, so you might not want to start reading it. Smiley Surprised

I'm saving HVT for what I consider dumb, impulsive, unjustifiable apping. The oh-cool-a-Hello-Kitty-card-that-would-be-so-much-fun-to-pull-out-in-front-of-my-friends apping. Or the everyone-else-is-suddenly-apping-WallyWorld-I'd-better-app-too apping.

Like what flitted through my brain last night when I got a letter from Citi saying I was pre-approved to apply for a Platinum Select something-or-other. ("pre-approved to apply?" They're going to allow me to apply? Cool!) One little brain spasm of gee, why not. Then I pulled myself back together.

Smiley Very Happy Actually i was and still am apart of that center. The only thing that stops me from apping is the desire to get a Penfed card.

Message 45 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Positive therapy for me today, posted it in a thread but I'll double dip here as well. Closed Clown Jewelers on my terms, not theirs. Made me feel just as good as apping a new account. Smiley Very Happy

I never felt good about that one, only opened it because "all the kids were doing it".

Message 46 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

I have moved LYNN47's post to form a separate thread, titled "Possible to get a BT to pay off CC's?"

Message 47 of 91
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

Since 2009 began, I have applied for 3 new credit products. I obtained an Orchard Bank Platinum MC and a GEMB Amazon Store card, while creditonebank rejected me b/c my "credit score exceeds the limit" they have for their products.

I vow no more apps for 6 mos. 

Also, how many inquires is "too many" during, say, a 6 month span?

Edited for spelling and to ask a ?

Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-14-2009 03:03 PM
Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-14-2009 03:04 PM

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 48 of 91
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

@pazuzu wrote:

Since 2009 began, I have applied for 3 new credit products. I obtained an Orchard Bank Platinum MC and a GEMB Amazon Store card, while creditonebank rejected me b/c my "credit score exceeds the limit" they have for their products.

I vow no more apps for 6 mos. 

Also, how many inquires is "too many" during, say, a 6 month span?

Edited for spelling and to ask a ?

Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-14-2009 03:03 PM
Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-14-2009 03:04 PM

I love it!  They actually tell applicants when they're too good for Creditone.  Smiley Wink   Finally some truth in lending!

Message 49 of 91
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Positive therapy for me today, posted it in a thread but I'll double dip here as well. Closed Clown Jewelers on my terms, not theirs. Made me feel just as good as apping a new account. Smiley Very Happy

I never felt good about that one, only opened it because "all the kids were doing it".

Isn't that kind of like the opposite of apping?  That would mean your recent app count is at -1, so you can still app once and be at 0 Smiley Wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I feel like I just walked into an AA meeting carrying a Mojito Smiley Very Happy

Message 50 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.