cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2009 Tough Love-Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

tag
guydiver
Established Contributor

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

I'm in too. Cooling my  jets for six months minimum. Got Lowes and Kay for Christmas, gives me 5 total. I needed that to carry a bal. on two of them, since my Discover always has a balance, even though I PIF, and I'm getting the no interest deal on Kay for the DW shiny thing she got. I'll ask for my CLI's in June from GEMB. All I really want is a Shell Mastercard.......but it can wait. I'll just hang out here and wait for baddies to fall off for a while. 2009 should be just fine. Now if I can only get EX and TU to play. EQ just hit 704!!!!!
Message 51 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@valley_man0505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Positive therapy for me today, posted it in a thread but I'll double dip here as well. Closed Clown Jewelers on my terms, not theirs. Made me feel just as good as apping a new account. Smiley Very Happy

I never felt good about that one, only opened it because "all the kids were doing it".

Isn't that kind of like the opposite of apping?  That would mean your recent app count is at -1, so you can still app once and be at 0 Smiley Wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I feel like I just walked into an AA meeting carrying a Mojito Smiley Very Happy

HAHAHA.....Yep, a true addict could make that justification. I bet you are the guy that runs the bar beside the AA meeting place that gives free drinks in exchange for AA chips. Smiley Happy
Message 52 of 91
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@valley_man0505 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Positive therapy for me today, posted it in a thread but I'll double dip here as well. Closed Clown Jewelers on my terms, not theirs. Made me feel just as good as apping a new account. Smiley Very Happy

I never felt good about that one, only opened it because "all the kids were doing it".

Isn't that kind of like the opposite of apping?  That would mean your recent app count is at -1, so you can still app once and be at 0 Smiley Wink

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I feel like I just walked into an AA meeting carrying a Mojito Smiley Very Happy

HAHAHA.....Yep, a true addict could make that justification. I bet you are the guy that runs the bar beside the AA meeting place that gives free drinks in exchange for AA chips. Smiley Happy

No, it's a buy one get one free deal...and it comes with a stern "talking to". lol

Message 53 of 91
Imua
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Surprised  i never thought i would need to join.. but can i??

after not having any cc for about 8 years Smiley Sad and paying cash for everything (while  thinking, "all i want is just one cc for travel, car rental, in case i want to order on the internet), this summer i applied for and got macy's store, macy's visa and BoA visa.  and i was happy with those.  no plans to apply for any more.

then a few days after christmas i saw a laptop at sam's club, was ready to write a check (because they don't take visa's!) when the saleperson said "would you like to apply for sam's club cc?  no interest if you pay off the laptop within 12 months" .  sure i said... when i got home with my new sam's card, i said "no more cc apps in 2009!" and i meant it!

then 2 weeks ago i got a preapproved offer for chase freedom with no interest for the first 12 months - how could i pass that up?  i couldn't...  just got my card in the mail yesterday.

so, i went from "wish i had just one card" only 8 months ago, to having 5 cards today.   

as you can see, i really need a nice comfy room here in the center... with lots of group therapy sessions... 

can i have the hibiscus room with the ocean view?  you do take visa and/or mc here at the center, don't ya??? 

Message 54 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, congrats on the Chase Freedom card.  I have two and use them for nearly everything.  The rewards are great!
Message 55 of 91
SCF
Valued Contributor

@Imua wrote:

can i have the hibiscus room with the ocean view?  you do take visa and/or mc here at the center, don't ya??? 

Rewards cards only, and then only if you plan to pay it down to 9% of your limit before the statement drops and pay it all before they charge you any interest!

Have you opted out yet?  That not only reduced my junk mail, but my temptation!  Enviromentally and pyschologically sound, who knew?!

Message 56 of 91
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well, congrats on the Chase Freedom card.  I have two and use them for nearly everything.  The rewards are great!

thanks.

2 chase freedom's?  hmmmmmmmmmmm...

...thinking...

....tempting.....  

but no, i'm not gonna app for a 2nd one!

Smiley Tongue  was this a test? to see if i cooled my jets??

Message 57 of 91
Imua
Frequent Contributor

SCF wrote:

Have you opted out yet?  That not only reduced my junk mail, but my temptation!  Enviromentally and pyschologically sound, who knew?!

i haven't opted out... but that sounds like a goooood idea at this point.   thanks Smiley Happy 
Message 58 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the center! The ocean view room is, umm, taken (it's mine, it's mine!), but you can have one that opens on to its private lanai. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 59 of 91
marty56
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Welcome to the center! The ocean view room is, umm, taken (it's mine, it's mine!), but you can have one that opens on to its private lanai. Smiley Wink

You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 60 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.