cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 2009 Tough Love-Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

The thing that helps me not apply for more credit cards is lack of money to spend on them  Smiley Happy

I don't have all these thousands of dollars to spend every month, so some of them get used for monthly bills and nothing else  Smiley Sad

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 61 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found another outlet for apping energies. Product changes. Feels almost as good and no INQ hit. Smiley Happy
Message 62 of 91
fused
Moderator Emeritus

contractor wrote:
Found another outlet for apping energies. Product changes. Feels almost as good and no INQ hit. Smiley Happy

Ah, good one! Kudos to you!
Message 63 of 91
pattycake
Established Contributor

Argh....app'ed for a Sears Card - I am in the market for a new fridge, and only want it for the 0% financing.  

Jeepers.  No more for a looooong time!!!!  My scores have dropped, too.  My last app was in the summer for a Juni card at 7.99%.  In the last year, I have gotten a Lowe's, Juni and BofA card.  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 64 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

lol, jordanen, welcome to the forums, but this thread is for folks trying NOT to apply for anything! Your post has been split off to form its own thread, titled "Need a higher-CL card."

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 01-27-2009 03:35 PM

Message 65 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jordanen, and welcome aboard!

You should start a new thread, rather than posting your question to this one. That way, it'll get lots of attention!

To answer your question--

As long as your airlines tickets don't exceed your cc limit, you can charge up the full balance (higher than the 50% that you indicated) as long as you pay it down significantly (ideally, to less than 10%)  or PIF before the statment cuts. You want either a very small balance, or no balance (if you already have a small balance reporting on another card) to report.

If your current credit lines aren't suffiecient enough for your purchases (ex.: you need to purchase a ticket to India for $1800), then I'd first try to increase the limits on existing cards. It looks like Cap1 is really your only chance to do than for now. Call them, explain your needs, and see if they'll work with you with a CLI, or combine your two existing cards. If that doesn't work, I'd suggest apping for  a new card IF you don't have a lot of INQs, collections, etc..., and your credit score is in line with the approval requirements of the lender that you'd be apping for.

If your credit history is shaky, and you can't wait for BoA to unsecure and grow with you, I'd suggest trying for a fully secured card with BoA. That way, you get to pick the credit line and it will unsecure after 9 months, same as the 99/500.

Message 66 of 91
jschaffer
Regular Contributor

I'm joining. Technically I chilled out in November 2008, but I really need to just sit on all my credit until the end of 2010 to give things a chance to age and let some inquiries drop from prior app sprees.

Message 67 of 91
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Abject apologies to everyone who had this thread show up as unread twice within five minutes! I was splitting off a new member's post and succeeded only in bumping the thread twice.

arrgghh Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 68 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, who's still on the wagon, and who has fallen off?

I'm reviving this thread to keep myself true to my goals. I've come uncomfortably close to apping on two occasions that I would have severely regretted. Oh, the artifical lure of 'rewards' and other shiny bobbles. But, it was fool's gold, I tell ya, and I managed to save myself, just barely, from Pottery Barn & Nordstrom apps. Not that they aren't good cards, but I simply don't need them, nor do I have the time or the analytical stamina to 'manage' them too. I really can't afford another AAoA hit, and (knock on wood) I've not seen any AA to date. Why tempt fate?

I will not app. I will NOT app, no matter how high my FICO score rises. And oh, how it is rising! Smiley Happy

Message 69 of 91
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

( jumps aboard) I am not going to app for anything for the next 9 months atleast

got to many cards now /personal/business

got 3 more months till I have no more inquiries on cb

might be the first time ever......

2wheel
Message 70 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.