Reply
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!


WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Thanks Mom.  :smileywink:

 

(I was REALLY prepared to get a 'talkin to'!)

 

ETA:  Time to check back into the center.  Do I get my old room back?



Sure!

Your group sessions will be at 9, 10:30, 1, 4, and 7, and recreational therapy is at 8, 2:30, and 5.

You'll be too tired for any more app'ing! :smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Moderator Emeritus
WhirledPeasPlease
Posts: 3,417
Registered: ‎12-27-2007
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!


haulingthescoreup wrote:

WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Thanks Mom.  :smileywink:

 

 

(I was REALLY prepared to get a 'talkin to'!)

 

ETA:  Time to check back into the center.  Do I get my old room back?



Sure!

Your group sessions will be at 9, 10:30, 1, 4, and 7, and recreational therapy is at 8, 2:30, and 5.

You'll be too tired for any more app'ing! :smileywink:

 

Any HVT??  We haven't had much of that for awhile!  :smileywink:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Valued Contributor
oracles
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

I am assuming ETA stands for Edit to add (please correct me if i am wrong), however what is HVT? lol thanks
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

Yep, ETA = edit to add.

HVT = harsh verbal therapy, a phrase from the original Sleigh Center days. The first time I saw it, I thought it meant High Voltage Therapy, and I wondered what exactly went on on this site.

Here's SpecFile's classic HVT:

HVT excerpt from the Sleigh Center thread

btw, the relapse rate at the Sleigh Center was somewhere around 140%, as best as I could tell, so you might not want to start reading it. :smileysurprised:

I'm saving HVT for what I consider dumb, impulsive, unjustifiable apping. The oh-cool-a-Hello-Kitty-card-that-would-be-so-much-fun-to-pull-out-in-front-of-my-friends apping. Or the everyone-else-is-suddenly-apping-WallyWorld-I'd-better-app-too apping.

Like what flitted through my brain last night when I got a letter from Citi saying I was pre-approved to apply for a Platinum Select something-or-other. ("pre-approved to apply?" They're going to allow me to apply? Cool!) One little brain spasm of gee, why not. Then I pulled myself back together.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
oracles
Posts: 1,699
Registered: ‎08-18-2007
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!


haulingthescoreup wrote:
Yep, ETA = edit to add.

HVT = harsh verbal therapy, a phrase from the original Sleigh Center days. The first time I saw it, I thought it meant High Voltage Therapy, and I wondered what exactly went on on this site.

Here's SpecFile's classic HVT:

HVT excerpt from the Sleigh Center thread

btw, the relapse rate at the Sleigh Center was somewhere around 140%, as best as I could tell, so you might not want to start reading it. :smileysurprised:

I'm saving HVT for what I consider dumb, impulsive, unjustifiable apping. The oh-cool-a-Hello-Kitty-card-that-would-be-so-much-fun-to-pull-out-in-front-of-my-friends apping. Or the everyone-else-is-suddenly-apping-WallyWorld-I'd-better-app-too apping.

Like what flitted through my brain last night when I got a letter from Citi saying I was pre-approved to apply for a Platinum Select something-or-other. ("pre-approved to apply?" They're going to allow me to apply? Cool!) One little brain spasm of gee, why not. Then I pulled myself back together.

:smileyvery-happy: Actually i was and still am apart of that center. The only thing that stops me from apping is the desire to get a Penfed card.

Established Contributor
contractor
Posts: 697
Registered: ‎03-09-2008
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

Positive therapy for me today, posted it in a thread but I'll double dip here as well. Closed Clown Jewelers on my terms, not theirs. Made me feel just as good as apping a new account. :smileyvery-happy:

 

I never felt good about that one, only opened it because "all the kids were doing it".

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"




There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

I have moved LYNN47's post to form a separate thread, titled "Possible to get a BT to pay off CC's?"

Frequent Contributor
pazuzu
Posts: 408
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

[ Edited ]

Since 2009 began, I have applied for 3 new credit products. I obtained an Orchard Bank Platinum MC and a GEMB Amazon Store card, while creditonebank rejected me b/c my "credit score exceeds the limit" they have for their products.

 

I vow no more apps for 6 mos. 

 

Also, how many inquires is "too many" during, say, a 6 month span?

 

Edited for spelling and to ask a ?

 

Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-14-2009 03:03 PM
Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-14-2009 03:04 PM

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***




Regular Contributor
ma_fico
Posts: 137
Registered: ‎05-14-2007
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!


pazuzu wrote:

Since 2009 began, I have applied for 3 new credit products. I obtained an Orchard Bank Platinum MC and a GEMB Amazon Store card, while creditonebank rejected me b/c my "credit score exceeds the limit" they have for their products.

 

I vow no more apps for 6 mos. 

 

Also, how many inquires is "too many" during, say, a 6 month span?

 

Edited for spelling and to ask a ?

 

Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-14-2009 03:03 PM
Message Edited by pazuzu on 01-14-2009 03:04 PM

I love it!  They actually tell applicants when they're too good for Creditone.  :smileywink:   Finally some truth in lending!

Established Contributor
valley_man0505
Posts: 879
Registered: ‎05-29-2008
0

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!


contractor wrote:

Positive therapy for me today, posted it in a thread but I'll double dip here as well. Closed Clown Jewelers on my terms, not theirs. Made me feel just as good as apping a new account. :smileyvery-happy:

 

I never felt good about that one, only opened it because "all the kids were doing it".


 

Isn't that kind of like the opposite of apping?  That would mean your recent app count is at -1, so you can still app once and be at 0 :smileywink:

 

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I feel like I just walked into an AA meeting carrying a Mojito :smileyvery-happy:


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}