Established Contributor
guydiver

Re: The 2009 Tough-Love Cool Your Jets Center Is Launched!

I'm in too. Cooling my  jets for six months minimum. Got Lowes and Kay for Christmas, gives me 5 total. I needed that to carry a bal. on two of them, since my Discover always has a balance, even though I PIF, and I'm getting the no interest deal on Kay for the DW shiny thing she got. I'll ask for my CLI's in June from GEMB. All I really want is a Shell Mastercard.......but it can wait. I'll just hang out here and wait for baddies to fall off for a while. 2009 should be just fine. Now if I can only get EX and TU to play. EQ just hit 704!!!!!
MyFICO Forums ROCK!! & . Been There, Done That. Never Going Back! Goal>>>> 800,800,800!

Starting Score: 1/05 upper 500's??Current Score: FICO: EQ 783, TU(98) 790, EX 814(Vantage) 779(CS) Goal Score: .....800 IS ON MY BUCKET LIST! EX ,BITE ME! .:smileyvery-happy:
In My Wallet: CU Visa 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Lowe's 10K, Cabela's Siggy Visa 11.5K, Travelocity AMEX 18K :
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
contractor

valley_man0505 wrote:

contractor wrote:

Positive therapy for me today, posted it in a thread but I'll double dip here as well. Closed Clown Jewelers on my terms, not theirs. Made me feel just as good as apping a new account. :smileyvery-happy:

I never felt good about that one, only opened it because "all the kids were doing it".

Isn't that kind of like the opposite of apping?  That would mean your recent app count is at -1, so you can still app once and be at 0 :smileywink:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I feel like I just walked into an AA meeting carrying a Mojito :smileyvery-happy:

HAHAHA.....Yep, a true addict could make that justification. I bet you are the guy that runs the bar beside the AA meeting place that gives free drinks in exchange for AA chips. :smileyhappy:
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Established Contributor
valley_man0505

contractor wrote:

valley_man0505 wrote:

contractor wrote:

Positive therapy for me today, posted it in a thread but I'll double dip here as well. Closed Clown Jewelers on my terms, not theirs. Made me feel just as good as apping a new account. :smileyvery-happy:

I never felt good about that one, only opened it because "all the kids were doing it".

Isn't that kind of like the opposite of apping?  That would mean your recent app count is at -1, so you can still app once and be at 0 :smileywink:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  I feel like I just walked into an AA meeting carrying a Mojito :smileyvery-happy:

HAHAHA.....Yep, a true addict could make that justification. I bet you are the guy that runs the bar beside the AA meeting place that gives free drinks in exchange for AA chips. :smileyhappy:

No, it's a buy one get one free deal...and it comes with a stern "talking to". lol

Frequent Contributor
Imua

:smileysurprised:  i never thought i would need to join.. but can i??

after not having any cc for about 8 years :smileysad: and paying cash for everything (while  thinking, "all i want is just one cc for travel, car rental, in case i want to order on the internet), this summer i applied for and got macy's store, macy's visa and BoA visa.  and i was happy with those.  no plans to apply for any more.

then a few days after christmas i saw a laptop at sam's club, was ready to write a check (because they don't take visa's!) when the saleperson said "would you like to apply for sam's club cc?  no interest if you pay off the laptop within 12 months" .  sure i said... when i got home with my new sam's card, i said "no more cc apps in 2009!" and i meant it!

then 2 weeks ago i got a preapproved offer for chase freedom with no interest for the first 12 months - how could i pass that up?  i couldn't...  just got my card in the mail yesterday.

so, i went from "wish i had just one card" only 8 months ago, to having 5 cards today.   

as you can see, i really need a nice comfy room here in the center... with lots of group therapy sessions... 

can i have the hibiscus room with the ocean view?  you do take visa and/or mc here at the center, don't ya??? 

BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom visa $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787
Established Contributor
Mike14

Well, congrats on the Chase Freedom card.  I have two and use them for nearly everything.  The rewards are great!
Wife's FICO Scores, 7/10/09: TU:??? EQ:634 EX: ???
Wife's FICO Scores, 2/13/09: TU:??? EQ:604 EX: 630
Wife's FICO Scores, 2/05/09: TU:??? EQ:592 EX: 630
My FICO Scores, 6/19/09: TU:757 EQ:744 EX:758 (all from MB; EQ Agrees)
My FICO Scores, 3/29/09: TU:755 EQ:746 EX: ???
My FICO Scores, 2/05/09: TU:??? EQ:730 EX: 720
Community Leader<br> Established Contributor</br>
Community Leader
Established Contributor
SCF

Imua wrote:

can i have the hibiscus room with the ocean view?  you do take visa and/or mc here at the center, don't ya??? 

Rewards cards only, and then only if you plan to pay it down to 9% of your limit before the statement drops and pay it all before they charge you any interest!

Have you opted out yet?  That not only reduced my junk mail, but my temptation!  Enviromentally and pyschologically sound, who knew?!

Frequent Contributor
Imua

Mike14 wrote:
Well, congrats on the Chase Freedom card.  I have two and use them for nearly everything.  The rewards are great!

thanks.

2 chase freedom's?  hmmmmmmmmmmm...

...thinking...

....tempting.....  

but no, i'm not gonna app for a 2nd one!

:smileytongue:  was this a test? to see if i cooled my jets??

BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom visa $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
Frequent Contributor
Imua

SCF wrote:

Have you opted out yet?  That not only reduced my junk mail, but my temptation!  Enviromentally and pyschologically sound, who knew?!

i haven't opted out... but that sounds like a goooood idea at this point.   thanks :smileyhappy: 

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Welcome to the center! The ocean view room is, umm, taken (it's mine, it's mine!), but you can have one that opens on to its private lanai. :smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
marty56

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Welcome to the center! The ocean view room is, umm, taken (it's mine, it's mine!), but you can have one that opens on to its private lanai. :smileywink:

You can checkout any time you like, but you can never leave.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+