Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The $3k income myth...

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

The $3k income myth...

So since the other thread was locked, I feel the need to clear the air here.

I was only being angry because the poster had addressed me rudely as if I were the original poster, when in fact, I was not.  The demeaning tone toward me about things I never said or posted was frankly, insulting.  If you would like me to prove I'm an SE major, I'll gladly write you some C, Java, x86asm, or any code of your choice.

Anyway, I was approved for my first credit card (post CARD act) with a $3k income listed.  It was a Banana Republic credit card.  And after 4 statements, with that income, they bumped the CL to $1,000.  It is possible, because lets remember folks,  you can carry a balance, and you can only go up to that CL, so 

Total can be charged = CL - current balance.  

My later two cards were instantly approved when my income was bumped to $11,800 with a new job and more hours.  

We should all be able to take a deep breath and discuss this peacefully.  I have a FACT on my side here, that I DID apply with $3k, and get approved, and there's no reason a college student with a $3k income can't get a small $300 limit.  

There is also the issue of needing a cosigner.  The offensive poster (upto700) or something, claimed that a cosigner was REQUIRED.  Go back in the thread and read it for yourselves.  THAT statement is false.  Now he was trying to wheel it back in saying $3k isn't sufficient income, but it still changes the fact he was being rude to both myself and the OP about requiring a cosigner, when that is a false fact, as they are not always required.

The gripe in the thread was about being attacked as though I was the OP, and he still spoke like I was, never bothering to realize IM A DIFFERENT POSTER.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

Re: The $3k income myth...

@smc733 wrote:

So since the other thread was locked, I feel the need to clear the air here.

I was only being angry because the poster had addressed me rudely as if I were the original poster, when in fact, I was not.  The demeaning tone toward me about things I never said or posted was frankly, insulting.  If you would like me to prove I'm an SE major, I'll gladly write you some C, Java, x86asm, or any code of your choice.

Anyway, I was approved for my first credit card (post CARD act) with a $3k income listed.  It was a Banana Republic credit card.  And after 4 statements, with that income, they bumped the CL to $1,000.  It is possible, because lets remember folks,  you can carry a balance, and you can only go up to that CL, so 

Total can be charged = CL - current balance.  

My later two cards were instantly approved when my income was bumped to $11,800 with a new job and more hours.  

We should all be able to take a deep breath and discuss this peacefully.  I have a FACT on my side here, that I DID apply with $3k, and get approved, and there's no reason a college student with a $3k income can't get a small $300 limit.  

There is also the issue of needing a cosigner.  The offensive poster (upto700) or something, claimed that a cosigner was REQUIRED.  Go back in the thread and read it for yourselves.  THAT statement is false.  Now he was trying to wheel it back in saying $3k isn't sufficient income, but it still changes the fact he was being rude to both myself and the OP about requiring a cosigner, when that is a false fact, as they are not always required.

The gripe in the thread was about being attacked as though I was the OP, and he still spoke like I was, never bothering to realize IM A DIFFERENT POSTER.

It would be wise to let it go & die, it is not that important....the thread was locked and deleted for a reason.

Starting Score: TU: ?-- EQ: ?--EX 560 (8-08)
Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)
Goal Score: TU: 750--EQ: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

YAWN!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lighten-up guys. Arguing over internet forums is useless just like our president once said Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 16
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lighten-up guys. Arguing over internet forums is useless just like our president once said Smiley Very Happy

LOL, I am fine.....I stated my case and it is a waste going back and forth.

Current Score: TU: 671 (3-10) 625 (4-10/Rebucketed)--EQ: 674 (3-10)--EX 630 (Lender 11-09)

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

i dont like fight, i just need 48k credit card limit

Message 6 of 16
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Pushto700 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You stated your case, and you stated it wrong.  I have facts that I'm going on, yet you haven't provided them.

I'm not interested in making this personal, though you still have yet to acknowledge I am not the OP of the other thread.

Anyway, the point I am making is this.  There was a better way to go about talking to the OP.

Instead of talking down to him being a college student seeking credit, you could have said "it is probably going to be difficult to get credit, as college students have low income and are a risk, you should slow down with the apps".

That's all, but Pushto700 you have a very bad manner of communicating points.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 7 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@Pushto700 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You stated your case, and you stated it wrong.  I have facts that I'm going on, yet you haven't provided them.

I'm not interested in making this personal, though you still have yet to acknowledge I am not the OP of the other thread.

Anyway, the point I am making is this.  There was a better way to go about talking to the OP.

Instead of talking down to him being a college student seeking credit, you could have said "it is probably going to be difficult to get credit, as college students have low income and are a risk, you should slow down with the apps".

That's all, but Pushto700 you have a very bad manner of communicating points.

Just keep beating it like the dead horse that it is. who wants the satisfaction of having the last word!

Message 8 of 16
smc733
Valued Contributor

I just think it is important that we don't have incorrect facts being told to people.

Message 9 of 16
Pushto700
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i dont like fight, i just need 48k credit card limit

Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.