cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The AMEX Platinum temptation is great ....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The AMEX Platinum temptation is great ....

I just booked my flight and used up my points to pay for it lol.

The hotel I was looking at was full according to them.  I considered putting the concierge thru their paces Smiley Very Happy , based on stories I'd read about that, but then the accomodations came thru from a family member.

Message 31 of 69
saaws
New Contributor

I just got my Platinum card! Activated.. a bit overwhelmed, trying to figure out how to take the best advantage out of it ! Smiley Very Happy

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Message 32 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's pretty cool that the card number, and even the 4 digit code, remains the same

Message 33 of 69
hateAshbury
Regular Contributor

what constitutes traveling "a lot"?

would 1 roundtip from LA to NYC and 1 international flight (from LA to Buenos Aires) constitute "a lot"? That's probably $2,000 airfare and $2,000 hotels/restaurants. If all that goes on the Platty, the AF is probably justified ... yes? no?

Starting Score: 653 (11/1/2011 TransUnion)
Current Score: 719 (5/3/2012 TransUnion) 572 (3/21/2012 Equifax) 762 (4/14/12 VantageScore)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 34 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@saaws wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

so the Global Entry thing ......... just do the online stuff at the GOES site, pay with the Platinum and then they credit the fee afterwards?

Or do you do it thru the AMEX site?  My gold hasn't been updated yet online (up to 48hrs) so I'm wondering if it matters to start at the amex site.

you just do the online stuff at the GOES site and Amex automatically refunds the fee.

Just finished up the application.  Will there be points for it Smiley Very Happy ?

Message 35 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@saaws wrote:

I just got my Platinum card! Activated.. a bit overwhelmed, trying to figure out how to take the best advantage out of it ! Smiley Very Happy

Did it come all fancy and stuff or just in an envelope?

Message 36 of 69
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@saaws wrote:

Did it come all fancy and stuff or just in an envelope?

Comes in a box with a hard cover brochure.  

Message 37 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hateAshbury wrote:

what constitutes traveling "a lot"?

would 1 roundtip from LA to NYC and 1 international flight (from LA to Buenos Aires) constitute "a lot"? That's probably $2,000 airfare and $2,000 hotels/restaurants. If all that goes on the Platty, the AF is probably justified ... yes? no?

No, I wouldn't consider that a lot. I fly 6-8 times a year and I don't even think it's worth it for me. Since the main perk of Platinum is lounge access, frequency of travel is more important than cost or distance.
Message 38 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply Open123, I appreciate your time.  I think when I get back I'm going to go for it!  I already have a bunch of stuff at home waiting for me to open I dont want a nice Platinum card just sitting there in my pile collecting dust hahaa!  Hey question not that you mentioned it I'm curious what's the story with the BLACK card??

Message 39 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow come's in a box?  That's so gangsta!!!

Nice!!

Message 40 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.