cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The AMEX Platinum temptation is great ....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The AMEX Platinum temptation is great ....

wow the 25k point incentive (upon first purchase) has already posted

I don't even have the plat card yet lol (I've been using the gold.  The upgrade from gold to plat uses the same number, etc)

Message 61 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow hey I don't know if I got that 25k point thingy but now that you mention it I'm going to ask! 

Message 62 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's here!  While the number did stay the same, the code and date did change.

It's packaged differently than some reviews I've seen but still nice overall.

Instead of sending you the card in an envelope by itself they stick that envelope in the box with the Platinum booklet lol.

I was kinda hoping that the card would be in the booklet or something cool like that but I guess those are separate departments Smiley Very Happy

Message 63 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that's exactly what mine looked like my girl sent me pictures.  I didn't get the business one though just the personal one.  Hey I have a question these were soft pulls right?  This app and the Costco CLI?  I shouldn't see anything dinged on myFico score correct?

Message 64 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes that's exactly what mine looked like my girl sent me pictures.  I didn't get the business one though just the personal one.  Hey I have a question these were soft pulls right?  This app and the Costco CLI?  I shouldn't see anything dinged on myFico score correct?

If you upgraded an existing card, it's a SP. If it's a new card, it will be a HP.
Message 65 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you upgraded an existing card, it's a SP. If it's a new card, it will be a HP.
I had a Costco card before is that a soft pull then?
Message 66 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

background: 

Amex website logged-in upgrade from Gold regular, no AF the first year (4 months into the first year), to Platinum

Plat fee not immediately charged

datapoint:

Plat fee charged at end of first full Plat level statement and was prorated to $262.50

Message 67 of 69
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Costco card before is that a soft pull then?

You can't upgrade a Costco card to a Platinum card.  Costco is a revolver, Platinum is a charge product.  PCs have to be done within same product category.  You would be applying for a new card and would get a hard pull.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 68 of 69
Open123
Super Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

What happens with AU's  on your gold card if you upgrade to platinum? That $175 fee for an au is steep. Will they let them along for the ride with a green or gold for free?

Your AUs will be assessed at $175 for the first 3, which is what happened with our business card.  I'm pretty sure it's the same for personal.

When it comes to the Platinum, a strategy worth considering is this.  App for the Platinum for the 50k bonus with no AUs.  Since AUs cost $175 (which is the fee for the PR Gold), app for the PR Gold for bonus points and first year fee waived.  Then, use the PR Gold for AUs since there is no fee on the first 5.

The end result is for the same fee, you have the Platinum, and the PR Gold (with airline bonus) + 5 free AU holders.

Message 69 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.