Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Beaver survived a year.

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: The Beaver survived a year.

I'm sorry. I can't read the tag one of this post without giggling. Bahahaha 

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 21 of 62
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Mine is alive and well, will turn 1 in November, 15K CL.  I was never shut down to my knowledge.  Only my monthly Netflix gets charged to the card. I don't meet any of their residency requirements.

I suspect far more were kept open vs. shut down.  We just hear more about the ones that were closed.  

Message 22 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

(Quack!) Smiley Very Happy

Duck turns 1 yr old soon here too. Survived the cut and going to request a CLI and/or app for their Beaver after that time too LoL

Message 23 of 62
polecat87
New Contributor

My duck is still quacking after a year. At 10k, so won't ask for CLI.

Message 24 of 62
nyancat
Established Contributor

@krial wrote:

Opened mine in December 2013, and it's still open.

They gave me a whopping $500 CL, so I bought something on it for like $400 and have just been making minimum payments so I have regular usage.

So, you're deliberately paying a ridiculous amount in interest and minimum interest fees for no reason other than the bizarre hope that a credit union will somehow like you better if you behave in a way that causes you to owe them more money for no reason?

I know if I ran a bank like that I'd have mixed opinions on people like you. In the short term, I'd love the fee income, but I'd be hesitant to actually extend you more credit/keep you around because I'd worry about your ability to make sound financial decisions.

This isn't personal, so please don't take it as such - I'm not a bank manager and I know you, as an individual, may or may not make great decisions in other areas - I'm just saying, I could see an argument on both sides as to whether someone who enjoys paying unnecssary fees is actually a good customer to keep around long-term. Don't assume they'll see it as a good thing.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 25 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@krial wrote:

They gave me a whopping $500 CL, so I bought something on it for like $400 and have just been making minimum payments so I have regular usage.

So, you're deliberately paying a ridiculous amount in interest and minimum interest fees for no reason other than the bizarre hope that a credit union will somehow like you better if you behave in a way that causes you to owe them more money for no reason?

I know if I ran a bank like that I'd have mixed opinions on people like you. In the short term, I'd love the fee income, but I'd be hesitant to actually extend you more credit/keep you around because I'd worry about your ability to make sound financial decisions.

This isn't personal, so please don't take it as such - I'm not a bank manager and I know you, as an individual, may or may not make great decisions in other areas - I'm just saying, I could see an argument on both sides as to whether someone who enjoys paying unnecssary fees is actually a good customer to keep around long-term. Don't assume they'll see it as a good thing.

most likely OP is just finishing out the 12 months interest free right about no so other than util and such interest is probably not being charged yet.

Message 26 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict wrote:

most likely OP is just finishing out the 12 months interest free right about no so other than util and such interest is probably not being charged yet.

Smiley Surprised

Message 27 of 62
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@krial wrote:

Ah, I didn't realise this card had an interest-free period. Regardless, my point still stands because it wasn't a personal comment regarding ACTUAL financial wisdom, but rather a view of how a bank might perceive it. From a risk analysis point of view, how are they to know your behaviour will end when the interest-free period is up?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 28 of 62
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

@krial wrote:

Ah, I didn't realise this card had an interest-free period. Regardless, my point still stands because it wasn't a personal comment regarding ACTUAL financial wisdom, but rather a view of how a bank might perceive it. From a risk analysis point of view, how are they to know your behaviour will end when the interest-free period is up?

for sure, I would never pay the minimum to try to get them to consider you a better risk for a higher CL!

Message 29 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@polecat87 wrote:

My duck is still quacking after a year. At 10k, so won't ask for CLI.

One thing that stands out with my Oregon CU Duck Card is that i didn't get those Heavenly SL's everyone else did. Mine is but $2500. Another thing is that when i apped during the frenzy i still don't know how i ever got approved in the first place. I was so new to credit last year and just barely had 1 year on a longest card. The EQ was 649. I don't think that even i would have approved me with those stats, however, contrary to the laws of nature it somehow miraculously survived the cut.

It's still a strange Visa card though. Every single time i use it on any given day more then twice or so, it automatically goes into fraud protection mode requiring a call in to lift it. What would you expect? It's a DUCK Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.