tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Beaver survived a year.

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@pazuzu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pretty new to the board. Why were people signing up for this card in the first place?

Five figure CLs.

Sounds a lot like Diners Club. Hmm....

diners ran out of plastic...and forgot how to report, take applications, and to handle customer inquiries....other than that the club is still kickin!

Not reporting may be a benefit to some. Cat Tongue

Message 51 of 62
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

still alive and kicking,  app'd 11/2013, still the same 5k limit, used it for a BT and have been paying it back $100-$300 at a time. $550 Balance remaining. Not going to step on the duck and ask for a CLI. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 52 of 62
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@jamesdwi wrote:

still alive and kicking,  app'd 11/2013, still the same 5k limit, used it for a BT and have been paying it back $100-$300 at a time. $550 Balance remaining. Not going to step on the duck and ask for a CLI. 

Same here, Beaver is still alive and kicking as well Smiley Tongue  I've used it moderately but have had no issues (no DCL or closure).  CL is more than adequate for my usage so no need for CLI.  I guess I missed the whole account closure brouhaha.

Message 53 of 62
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Mine is still alive and well...sort of.  It was declined a few times in store so I stopped using after many phone calls. I did use it for an online purchase to use my rewards. Other than that it will remain filler until they close it I suppose.

Message 54 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@DiabolicallyRandom wrote:

Mine is still alive and well...sort of.  It was declined a few times in store so I stopped using after many phone calls. I did use it for an online purchase to use my rewards. Other than that it will remain filler until they close it I suppose.

Same experience here with the Duck Card. It seems that almost every time i use the darn thing (which isn't very often) it gets flagged at the gas station or grocery store on about the 3rd swipe in a single day. It's no biggie, and always only takes a phone in to the Georgia Call center to get it lifted. But it's also funny explaining that it was me who just bought a soda, cigs, and gas an hour ago at my local store in town Smiley Very Happy

I guess i'll just continue to keep some lite useage moving thru the $2500 line every so many months or so for good measure.

Message 55 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@alvon123 wrote:

Congrats!!!! WTG!!! 

I will reach my 1 year mark on my Beaver Visa card  in October of this year.Smiley LOL

i WILL THEN ASK FOR A CREDIT LIMIT INCREASE!!!

Are you going to ask for a CLI since you have reached 1 year with your Beaver Visa??

Expectations ... for alvon123 making it one year with the beaver Smiley Happy  Bringing back that really cool "Beaver" that used to parade around the MYFICO website Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 62
baller4life
Super Contributor

Man that thing and the Duck was all the rave this time last year. Smiley Happy
Message 57 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I still find it hard to believe that they came out like gangbusters last year only to fizzle completely out and left only a few of us onboard after that train wreck.

Message 58 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Occu.jpg

Message 59 of 62
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Occu.jpg

i see so many cars with that O decals, and only thing i think about is this credit card Smiley LOL

Message 60 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.