Did you mean: 

The Beaver survived a year.

tag
nyancat
Established Contributor

Re: The Beaver survived a year.

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@polecat87 wrote:

My duck is still quacking after a year. At 10k, so won't ask for CLI.

One thing that stands out with my Oregon CU Duck Card is that i didn't get those Heavenly SL's everyone else did. Mine is but $2500. Another thing is that when i apped during the frenzy i still don't know how i ever got approved in the first place. I was so new to credit last year and just barely had 1 year on a longest card. The EQ was 649. I don't think that even i would have approved me with those stats, however, contrary to the laws of nature it somehow miraculously survived the cut.

It's still a strange Visa card though. Every single time i use it on any given day more then twice or so, it automatically goes into fraud protection mode requiring a call in to lift it. What would you expect? It's a DUCK Smiley Very Happy

Excessive fraud alerts should mostly be a thing of the past by the end of 2015. EMV allows the issuer to feel confident that the card isn't counterfeit, thus decreasing fraud alerts. Not eliminated, as the card may be stolen or you may be making purchases under duress.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 31 of 62
alvon123
Super Contributor

anyone ask for a credit increase for the Duck or Beaver visa yet??? if so what number did you call? (I kept getting rerouted to different departments, no one had a clue where I should go)

Message 32 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

anyone ask for a credit increase for the Duck or Beaver visa yet??? if so what number did you call? (I kept getting rerouted to different departments, no one had a clue where I should go)

Not yet. I really have not delved into that end of matters but leads me to wonder which Oregon offices directly apply to CLI requests. The southern state of Georgia near atlanta handles calls from the card's number on the reverse as well as the fraud prevention end of things. I've become quite familiar with this practice since it's the only card that routinely gets flagged everytime i have used it. And you don't need high useage for that, a stick of bubble gum sets it off on mine after 2 or 3 slides in a single day. Never fails.

Message 33 of 62
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Don't even get me started on the duck and beaver! Man Mad

Odd thing is...I never apped for it, just randomly showed up one day in my mailbox. 

I've read lots of these fasinating duck card threads and I thought you apped for it? If I recall you were surprised they approved you because you didn't have a fico score? 

I'm confused, but I'd love a credit card to just show up in my mailbox lol

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 34 of 62
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@nyancat wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@polecat87 wrote:

My duck is still quacking after a year. At 10k, so won't ask for CLI.

One thing that stands out with my Oregon CU Duck Card is that i didn't get those Heavenly SL's everyone else did. Mine is but $2500. Another thing is that when i apped during the frenzy i still don't know how i ever got approved in the first place. I was so new to credit last year and just barely had 1 year on a longest card. The EQ was 649. I don't think that even i would have approved me with those stats, however, contrary to the laws of nature it somehow miraculously survived the cut.

It's still a strange Visa card though. Every single time i use it on any given day more then twice or so, it automatically goes into fraud protection mode requiring a call in to lift it. What would you expect? It's a DUCK Smiley Very Happy

Excessive fraud alerts should mostly be a thing of the past by the end of 2015. EMV allows the issuer to feel confident that the card isn't counterfeit, thus decreasing fraud alerts. Not eliminated, as the card may be stolen or you may be making purchases under duress.

Not sure how a fraud alert would help the under duress case!  "Say yes, it is you attempting to make the purchase, or I will cut your throat..."

Message 35 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@MaisCher wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Odd thing is...I never apped for it, just randomly showed up one day in my mailbox. 

I've read lots of these fasinating duck card threads and I thought you apped for it? If I recall you were surprised they approved you because you didn't have a fico score? 

Smiley Very Happy

I think i recall that one too LoL. I just wonder how many members here in the forums are still holding on to theirs and if those with BOTH! the Beaver & Duck are satisfied cardholders after surviving the cut.

Message 36 of 62
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@plastic_man wrote:
My duck card will be 1 year in October . Afraid to call and ask for a CLI . Don't want to poke the bear!

Don't you mean "poke a Beaver" ?

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 37 of 62
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

Just received my cash back on the duck card. So far so goodSmiley Happy
MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 38 of 62
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@plastic_man wrote:
Just received my cash back on the duck card. So far so goodSmiley Happy

Kool! thanks 4 shar1ng plastic_man

Message 39 of 62
taxi818
Super Contributor

@MaisCher wrote:

@FixMyCredit1992 wrote:

Hate to post on a old thread. but how the hell does a card just show up. no way. with your correct name on it unless you apped for it. its not magic. sounds like a troll at work here.Smiley Sad

Message 40 of 62
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.