cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Blacklist Thread. Which CCC's blacklist, and for how long??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Blacklist Thread. Which CCC's blacklist, and for how long??

Hi all!

I thought it would be good to start a blacklisting thread so we can all post who we've had blacklist troubles with. Might be a good reference, and would definitely answer a lot of questions for a lot of people (thereby making some mod's jobs easier).

Please post your experiences!

I'll compile & update the main post as I get more info. Feel free to PM me if you don't wish for a public post!

I know these:

- Amex blacklists indefinitely, but now there's the new Oasis rehab card for certain instances. (more details?) If you burn them with a BK, you're out permanently.

-WaMu will most likely burn all with bad Providian history, even if it was a paid close with some lates, even if you have good recent history. The blacklist persists, even if it's no longer on your CR. Some people seemed to have escaped this, but not all, and their scores were stellar.

-Citibank blacklists all paid or unpaid chargeoffs for a minimum of 3 years. May be indefinite.

-BofA may deny with old MBNA chargeoffs or BK's, although some people report slipping through. (Need more info on age of those accts. ) The best info so far is that a BK on MBNA, even if old, will kill your chances.

Needing more info here: (if you can, please provide how long, if you have a BK in which you burned that creditor, or if your c-off fell off your CR, etc.)

- Discover blacklists, but for how long? Details?
- Chase blacklists, but for how long? Details?
- MBNA blacklists, but for how long? Details?
- BofA blacklists, but for how long? Details?

Message Edited by Jennabean on 01-20-2008 06:39 PM
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: The Blacklist Thread. What CCC's blacklist, and for how long??

I am not sure about many cards. But Wamu seems to be very picky with the old providian chargeoffs. I had a paid chargeoff with providian and wamu does not like it. How long and other things, I have no idea. I am thinking of writing a letter to wamu and see what kind of response they would give.

As per amex if you file bankruptcy, they will not touch you for ever. That might change in future, but that has been the case with Amex for last 2 decades.

As per citi if you have a collection even if it is paid collection in the last 3 years they will not touch you.
Message 2 of 26
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

concorduser wrote:
I am not sure about many cards. But Wamu seems to be very picky with the old providian chargeoffs. I had a paid chargeoff with providian and wamu does not like it. How long and other things, I have no idea. I am thinking of writing a letter to wamu and see what kind of response they would give.

I can't get anywhere with WAMU either.  I had an old Providian card that I voluntarily closed in/around 2005.  (It had a 250 CL and I couldn't handle it!)  It was paid in full, had several 30 day lates and over the limits but nothing too bad.  It now reports as "closed by consumer, paid, w/ no baddies".  WaMu sent me pre-apps on a regular basis and I tried in June of 06 and June of 07, both declines.  My credit wasn't perfect at that time (high 500s/low-mid 600s), but I was getting near-prime cards during that time.  I'm guessing I've been blacklisted.

Peas
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

i think i'm a providian/wamu blacklister as well. i recall seeing a providian charge off when pulling tc years ago (must be over 10 since i had it, since it doesn't show anymore). i've rcvd wamu pre-approvals twice, both times declined. i won't get suckered a thhird time.
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, this much I know- Discover blacklists for BK over 7 years.
Citi blacklist charge offs- paid and upaid for 3 years.

Message Edited by netpanther on 01-13-2008 10:02 PM
Message 5 of 26
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

netpanther wrote:
Ok, this much I know- Discover blacklists for BK over 7 years.
Chase blacklist charge offs- paid and upaid for 3 years.

That reminds me.  My old FirstUsa 5k card (which became 10k w/ fees) was settled for less/PIF in Sept 05.  Maybe Chase will show me some love after that three year waiting period.  (Good to know, I'll avoid apping.)  It no longer shows up on a CR b/c the DOFD was a LONG time ago.  I'm guessing they got me to settle right before the SOL was up.  Silly me.

Citibank reports on my CR from an account opened in 1990, date last reported 2000 and looks clean.  However I'm thinking the Citi people REALLY know what happened.  Another paid settlement back in 2000.  No luck with Citi as of late.

I feel like I'm cleaning out my CC closets with all of this old ugly stuff.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wamu definitely blacklists for Providian.  I had a Providian CO from probably 8yrs ago that's no longer on my credit reports.  There's nothing negative on any of my reports now, and my scores are all around 750.  Got approved by Amex, Discover, Chase, Citi, and BoA within the last month, and cancelled all my old crappy cards.

Wamu declined me.

If I had known they bought out Providian, I never would have applied for them.  Wish that had been stickied at the top of this forum or something.  Smiley Tongue
Message 7 of 26
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

shadow2k wrote:
Wamu definitely blacklists for Providian.  I had a Providian CO from probably 8yrs ago that's no longer on my credit reports.  There's nothing negative on any of my reports now, and my scores are all around 750.  Got approved by Amex, Discover, Chase, Citi, and BoA within the last month, and cancelled all my old crappy cards.

You give me hope!  Smiley Happy  I currently have 6 majors ranging from 1k to 4.6k but the only one you mentioned that I have is an Amex (just Delta Gold).  I can see the light!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Message 8 of 26
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Sears! We are permanently divorced. I defaulted with them in 1997 and have no chance with them. Oh well, it's not like they are great to work with anyway.
Message 9 of 26
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

TARGET also blacklist .
i was decline  for target card in the last 2 months,because i had their card in 1995 ,and it was include in BK  in 1997 . 
can you believe that after 10 years .  

Message Edited by creditdream on 01-13-2008 08:49 PM
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.