cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Blacklist Thread. Which CCC's blacklist, and for how long??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Blacklist Thread. Which CCC's blacklist, and for how long??

Citibank went after my daughter and got a default judgment for $2475 in Dec 2000 at 21.6% interest per year.  Judgment has dropped off CR so nothing is being reported anymore.  However, In WA state a creditor has 10 years to collect on a judgment and can have the judgment extended for another 10 years.  Anyone know if Citibank actually pursues judgment extensions?  If so, my daughter has no chance of ever getting out of debt since she cannot afford to pay this judgment due to the accumulated interest.

Good news is that she never ever hears from them . . . no phone calls, no letters, nothing.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-13-2008 09:53 PM
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Citibank went after my daughter and got a default judgment for $2475 in Dec 2000 at 21.6% interest per year.  Judgment has dropped off CR so nothing is being reported anymore.  However, In WA state a creditor has 10 years to collect on a judgment and can have the judgment extended for another 10 years.  Anyone know if Citibank actually pursues judgment extensions?  If so, my daughter has no chance of ever getting out of debt since she cannot afford to pay this judgment due to the accumulated interest.

Good news is that she never ever hears from them . . . no phone calls, no letters, nothing.

Message Edited by dwarfess on 01-13-2008 09:53 PM

You might want to post this in the credit issues forum to get answers. Since your issue isn't about blacklisting it might not get answered here in this thread.

Go to the General Credit Issues forum and click the New Message button to start a new post, and I bet people will answer with more help.
Message 12 of 26
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi dwarfess, you might want to check with one of your local atty and see what are the applicable laws in your state. I had 3 judgements due to poor health and I made settlement and got rid off the judgements. My suggestion is make check with an atty and take care of it. Judgements can ruin credit and life could even be sent to jail if the payments are not made on the judgement.
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA - I had a car loan with them IIB - discharged in January 2007 - when I applied for their credit card - was declined with the response of "you had a previous acct. IIB"

Guess i'm Blacklisted...
Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping. Please add your info here!!!
Message 15 of 26
OUSoonerFan

American Express:  definately blacklists.  I had an account incl in BK in 1997 and they would not give me another new account until I paid that old one.  I paid it off and was instantly approved for the Delta Plat with $8,000 limit and the Amex Platinum PIF card.  They even put my member since date from the old account.

Chase/First USA:  Had old First USA card also incl in that BK.  Applied for personal card was instantly approved for $9,000.  Applied for Chase Biz card and was given $37,000 at 0% for 12 months.

Bank of America:  Declined solely due to an old MBNA account in the BK.  Tried for reconsideration but told NO.  

WaMu:  Wife had Providian account in the BK.  Applied for Wamu and had no isse getting $10,000 limit.

Citi: Had AA personal acct in BK.  Applied for Citi Amex andi instantly approved for $15,000.  Then received pre approval for Citiflex and was given $22,000.

My current FICO's are in the 690-710 range.  HHI is around $300K.

So, it seems that BOA is the only one with the elephant memory.  They are the ONLY account I have that has been declined. 

Message 16 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

So it sounds like, that for literal blacklists, BofA is the only one. The others all came up with some sort of rehab program.

Dang, I have two accounts with lates. I would KILL for some equivalent of the AmEx Oasis program!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Blacklist Thread. What CCC's blacklist, and for how long??

BOA declined me at first for an old chargeoff with MBNA but as soon as it dropped I got a BOA business card. Though I think they held it against me for their Platinum Plus and that's why they offered a 99/500. I figured at least the 99/500 is a way back in.

So there is a chance to get back in with BOA. Just not sure how...I only got in because the chargeoff dropped but it was paid years ago.
Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had an MBNA account that went bad in 1999 that dropped off in mid-2007.  Upon application, BOA offered me the regular secured card, but because I had another baddie, I decided to take the offer.   

Since I found MF forums (LUV u guys!) I've found several other lenders (NFCU, Amex, Wamu) who want my business and are willing to work with me.  Next month will be my 1-year anniversary of the secured card, and if BOA doesn't "unsecure" or "graduate" me soon thereafter, then I'm cutting my losses and moving on.  I have my checking account with them (I'm hooked on their online banking), and they are everywhere in the place where I live and the places I primarily travel (cust. serv. is also great too).  But that will be the extent of our relationship.

And guess what?  BOA will then be on MY blacklist!  Everyone knows that banks make their money through lending products so as the inaugural entity on my blacklist, I will NEVER apply for any credit card, car loan, personal loan, mortgage, etc with BOA again.  I'm taking back my power as an educated consumer and we all know that BOA is NOT the only fish in the financial sea.  I refuse to be dissed by anyone calling me "customer."  For that privilege (yeah, I said privilege), you are going to have to earn it!!! 

Anyone else joining me in the personal blacklist movement??!!

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kind of hard to hide from BOA isn't it?
Them, Chase and Citi are everywhere.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.