cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Blacklist Thread. Which CCC's blacklist, and for how long??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Blacklist Thread. Which CCC's blacklist, and for how long??

OUSoonerfan, thanks for the info...  I'm on the eve of my 10year BK anniversary, so this info will come in handy...  I have a question, did your scores go up or down after the BK fell off of your CR?

I was wondering as I plan on doing the same thing as you in the next month and applying for all of the same cards - except BofA, since I bk'd MBNA and they never forget...

One more thing - How did you go about getting back "in" with AMEX?  I know you paid off the bk'd account but did you just apply, receive the denial and then contact them to resolve or contact them and explain the situation?  Thanks for any info you can provide...
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick bank, for the lack of customer service when I called to get the interest lowered.
But then I called again today and got excellent customer service and my late payment taken off.

Any of those cards that say pay a 150 start up fee and we will give u a credit card of 250.00 can kiss my butt.
Imagine Card because of the redicoulous 9.95 account maintaince fee. But they did help me when I needed it.

and thats all I have for now. 

Message 22 of 26
wmarat
Valued Contributor

lurknomore wrote:
I had an MBNA account that went bad in 1999 that dropped off in mid-2007.  Upon application, BOA offered me the regular secured card, but because I had another baddie, I decided to take the offer.   

Since I found MF forums (LUV u guys!) I've found several other lenders (NFCU, Amex, Wamu) who want my business and are willing to work with me.  Next month will be my 1-year anniversary of the secured card, and if BOA doesn't "unsecure" or "graduate" me soon thereafter, then I'm cutting my losses and moving on.  I have my checking account with them (I'm hooked on their online banking), and they are everywhere in the place where I live and the places I primarily travel (cust. serv. is also great too).  But that will be the extent of our relationship.

And guess what?  BOA will then be on MY blacklist!  Everyone knows that banks make their money through lending products so as the inaugural entity on my blacklist, I will NEVER apply for any credit card, car loan, personal loan, mortgage, etc with BOA again.  I'm taking back my power as an educated consumer and we all know that BOA is NOT the only fish in the financial sea.  I refuse to be dissed by anyone calling me "customer."  For that privilege (yeah, I said privilege), you are going to have to earn it!!! 

Anyone else joining me in the personal blacklist movement??!!

Totally agree with you.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 23 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Bumping this after a member posted that it hadn't been updated in two years.

A lot has changed since this thread was started, and CCC's are much less forgiving.

If anyone has any specific info about CCC's which blacklist those who

• have charged off a card with them
  • have included them in BK
  • or have otherwise been on their bad side for such things as frequent late payments, high util, and so forth,
please consider posting it here.

--thanks

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 26
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Instead of having one long thread spread over a number of years filled with out of date, obsolete, irrelevant data... Why not every year start a new sticky thread like.... 2010 The Blacklist Thread..., 2011 The Blacklist Thread....... 2012 The Blacklist Thread, and so forth
Message Edited by lajntx on 02-15-2010 11:04 PM
EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 25 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Done!

New thread started and stickied: 2010 Blacklist Thread

Although it will work a whole lot better if people actually post to it. Smiley Wink

I'll lock this one and let it sink back into the mists.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.