Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The CLI Button On Amex Has Returned

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

The CLI Button On Amex Has Returned

Request a Line of Credit Increase To request a line of credit increase on your account, please fill in the information requested below.When you are finished, click "Continue" at the bottom of the page. Account Number: XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX Name: XXXXXXXXXXXX Current Credit Line: XX, XXXX Increase Line of Credit to this amount: $.00 (Please note: Specify amount of the new total line of credit, not the increase. Requests must be in increments of $100.00.) Your Personal Financial Information: Yearly Income: $.00 (You may include additional income in this request such as household income, part-time job, etc. You need not reveal alimony, child support or separate maintenance if you do not want it considered in this application. By providing your income you certify that the information provided is accurate and complete to the best of your knowledge. The income information provided is subject to verification. Failure to provide accurate information may lead to a reassessment of your overall relationship with American Express.) When you are ready, click "Continue".
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: The CLI Button On Amex Has Returned

What is your current CL? how long since last CLI?

Message 2 of 23
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Current line is 23K, I have not requested an increase. I only clicked it because it use to say the "system wasn't working." This time it asked for the for digits on the card, then it took me to that page. I have had the same CL for more than a year
Message 3 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

is this your highest cl?

If not I would go for it... not going to hurt Smiley Happy ask for 30-40k

Message 4 of 23
CorporalCaptain
Valued Member

Is AmEx still limiting to one CLI every 6 months? I'm only asking because older posts suggest people were able to get them more frequently.

But I'm guessing they're being more conservative these days and keeping it at 6 months.

USAA World MasterCard - $14,500
American Express SPG - $20,000
NFCU CashRewards Visa Sig - $20,000
PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa - $5,000
Message 5 of 23
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

is this your highest cl?

If not I would go for it... not going to hurt Smiley Happy ask for 30-40k

Oh yes it could Smiley Wink

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 6 of 23
alph4
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads up that the button was back.

Just clicked it.

Original CL: 3000

Requested increase: 2000

New CL: 5000

Reported Income: ~55000

Instant approval. I know I could have asked for more but my limit had been stuck at 3k for over 2 years now and I didn't want to push it. I actually did need the CLI though since I've been using my Blue Cash exclusively and have put 14k on it in the last 10 months, and have been making bi-weekly payments so it wouldn't report a high balance.

If anyone wants my additional stats if they want to compare themselves.

Nothing bad on CR reporting.

AmEx Blue Cash: 2 years 10 months old $5000 cl

Citi Forward: 1 year 4 months old $5500 cl

AmEx Green AU (fathers card): 24 years old

1% reported utilization, 3 total accounts. 

Mid 750s on EQ and TU when last purchased scores (6 months or so ago)

Current Cards:
American Express Blue Cash Preferred - March 2007 - CL $10,000
Citi Forward Visa Signature - September 2009 - CL $6,500
Chase Freedom - March 2011 - CL $15,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - May 2013 - CL $12,500
Discover It - November 2013 - $5,000
Barclay Arrival - January 2014 - $10,000
Message 7 of 23
plasticguy
Established Contributor

No , My highest is BOFA at 67K then Chase at 50K, I will not ask amex for an increase
Message 8 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

The CLI button for my Blue has been there for almost two months.  I never tried to do online.  I usually do it on the phone.  I didn't request CLI for Blue. I think I got enough. I requested twice for my Costco Amex over the automated system and I got approved for CLI.

Ron.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an auto CLI today for $5k without hitting the button. I checked my statement yesterday and it wasn't there. Coincidence?

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.