The CSR is a great card for anyone!

tag
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

Re: The CSR is a great card for anyone!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually it is an extremely good card for chase

Delicate balance between "enticing people into thinking they gain" and "when averaged, card holders loss and chase gain" done right. At the same time forcing competitors including AMEX into "frantic" movements which is almost ridiculous. Perhaps Citi is also regretting over their earlier incorrect move or BOA is taking note of the freezy.

Something similar to inflation is at play here. When everyone has a PPS card, the PP lounges will say "we are full, sorry" to many that didn't get in first; when billions and billons of URs are created through bonus and spending, the transfer partners' stock will be swipped up in no time leaving some with the situaiton of "no award availability"; when every customer of national is 'executive', EAs will likely be empty, or maybe there's a versa or yaris left there waiting for the "executives" whose plane landed 5 min too lateSmiley Happy

But despite all these, I still like the card and appreciate them releasing it, competition among banks is not a bad thing for us.

And yes, it is not for the 6/24ers and higher.

As a former employee of said company remembers when yes, what's the point of being in a club if every Tom, Dick and Harry can be in it too?

Can't tell ya how many time I saw a customer look at the line, shake their head and head for a Maliblahhh...

I definitey disagree that the National executive mebership isn't valuable.  Yes, there are a lot of Executive mebers, as it's a pretty easy hurdle for a business traveler.  At least 80% of the time there are better cars available in the Executive rows than the Emerald.  As long as I get a better selection of cars, why do I care how many other executive members there are?

(Oh, and what line?  Most airports you just go pick up a car ...)

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Uber quite a bit as well as dine out. Don't forget that you can buy an Uber gift card for yourself/someone else and get travel credit! Lastly, each card is unique to everyone, but shopping through the chase mall also has it's advantages! They usually have something from somewhere where I would normally shop. Lowes, Riteaid, Groupon, Tirerack, Petsmart, Apple.

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

The line= row of cars... Company terminology... Also, you've been lucky, because at the location where I worked, Monday night, Tuesday and Wednesday degenerated into a free-for-all when there'd be a line of people waiting on the next car to be brought to the ready line... Absolutely pathetic... And the Emerald Executive high volume renter would be beside themselves to hop in the next thing that came along, be it a Versa or a Tahoe...

The club means absolutely nothing when there's too many people in said club.
Message 23 of 25
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@seekerofthe800. Thank you for my morning wake up laugh. Too darn funny!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 24 of 25
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The line= row of cars... Company terminology... Also, you've been lucky, because at the location where I worked, Monday night, Tuesday and Wednesday degenerated into a free-for-all when there'd be a line of people waiting on the next car to be brought to the ready line... Absolutely pathetic... And the Emerald Executive high volume renter would be beside themselves to hop in the next thing that came along, be it a Versa or a Tahoe...

The club means absolutely nothing when there's too many people in said club.

IME ... what you describe has not been a widespread issue.  I am a typical business traveler, and arrived usually on M-T afternoons and evenings, and rent from over 20 locations annually.  In the past 3 years I can only recall the situation described at SFO on a Friday night.  Even then the runner asked my status, told me hold on, he'd get me soemthing nice, and did.  The only locations that I am consistenly dissapointed in are those franchises owned by a Chevy dealership, all Cruzes, Malibus and Equinoxes, and the only Chevy I consider decent, an Impala, is almost never available.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.