cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Credit Limit Increase From Discover didn't come the quarter....very upset.

tag
DI
Super Contributor

The Credit Limit Increase From Discover didn't come the quarter....very upset.

I opened my Discover More account in July 2009.  I received my first auto CLI October 2009 and second January 2010.  I expected to receive a third CLI  this April.   I didn't receive it.  I called the customer service number.  The option for my to ask for a CLI was offered in the IVR.  I asked for a set amount and got declined.  I am now stuck at $4100.  

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Credit Limit Increase From Discover didn't come the quarter....very upset.

I only ask for CLI every 6 months 'cus I don't wanna be too aggressive.Smiley Tongue

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Credit Limit Increase From Discover didn't come the quarter....very upset.

do you use the card to get cash over  at  wallmart or other stores ?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

I opened my Discover More account in July 2009.  I received my first auto CLI October 2009 and second January 2010.  I expected to receive a third CLI  this April.   I didn't receive it.  I called the customer service number.  The option for my to ask for a CLI was offered in the IVR.  I asked for a set amount and got declined.  I am now stuck at $4100.  

DI, you are lucky to got second ACLI.  I did not get second one.   May be because I don't use it a lot, not sure ....   I am stuck with 2.5k now.  Don't know when they give me another ACLI.  

Message 4 of 11
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I would have waited until after these new credit card law enactments have settled down.

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 5 of 11
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I had the CLI option on the IVR system... tried my luck.  Transferred to CSR who said they would need to do a hard pull...I said no thanks.  It's in my sock drawer now.  Their reward program isn't as great as everyone makes it sound IME.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 6 of 11
hemi961
Regular Contributor

Got my card in April 2009 and have received auto increases every 3 months. The 26th is my statement date so I'll see if I get another increase. When I activated the card they told me that they review accounts every 6 months for possible increases, so I was surprised when they started increasing me at 3 month intervals. Just goes to show that they are in control and when we think we've figured them out, they change the rules.
Message 7 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

I'm really confused now.  I got an email this morning from Discover to check my messages on its site.  All within a week, I've received a CLI decline letter and CLI approval letter.  This what the letter says.

Congratulations! We're pleased to inform you that your outstanding credit management has earned you a credit line increase on your Discover Card.

The new credit limit on your Discover Card account is $4,600.00.

In the coming months, we will continue to evaluate your account. Then, based on your overall credit behavior and Discover Card usage, we may continue increasing your credit limit.

Your increased buying power makes Discover Card the best choice for all your purchases.

- No Annual Fee
5% Cashback Bonus(R) in categories like travel, home improvement stores, department stores, gas, groceries, restaurants, and many more. In addition, you automatically earn up to 1% unlimited Cashback Bonus on all other purchases.

Message 8 of 11
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

do you use the card to get cash over  at  wallmart or other stores ?

Yes, I used cashover twice since the opening of the card to get $20 each time. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

DI-

What did Discover initally approve you for (credit line) upon opening your account?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.