Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

So I decided to request an increase and here's what I got.  Should I contact them and ask if it was approved or just wait for the letter?  I opened the account on 11/19 so I should be eligible.  Has anyone else gotten this message?

AmexCLI

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 81 of 5,432
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

@scenery_guy wrote:

@MustangSaluki wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

Just got off the phone with AMEX CSR and I discussed general questions about CLI requests. 

For starters they track and consider requests for business cards separate from personal cards. That's big news for me as I have one personal card but two business cards. I was assured that I could request a CLI on my Delta Reserve end of next week (60 days from opening - and she gave me all of my anniversary dates as in the system) even though I had requested and received an increase on my personal Delta Platinum card 31 days ago. 

The only hardfast rule she offered was 60 days between increase requests. I asked about 6 months between requests that were granted and she referred back to 60 days between requests. I didn't want to press the issue so I will ask more next week or so when I call to request a CLI on my Delta Reserve. 

That is a great data point about the distinction between business and personal account CLIs. I will add verbiage to the OP reflecting your experience. If there are more folks who can corroborate this, it will add further validity.

@However the CSR was definitely not correct about the 60 day window between CLI requests. You can try to do that, but chances are you will get a letter in the mail about being ineligible. Take the @askamex thread as a reference. These limits are hard coded in the system and sometimes CSR are unaware of it. Plenty of evidence based on experiences here and other places and my own experience as well.

Thanks but hold on your updating until "the money is in the bank" so to speak. I will post to the thread once I have made the call and have the CLI on the business card. 

Yes I had suspicions about the 60 day comment but I will bring this point up again when I CLI on the Reserve. I will also take one for the team and call to request a CLI on the card I was approved for CLI 31 days ago when I hit 60 days from that date. I could care a less about the increase and don't care if I am denied. No hard pulls so no loss. 

Keep up the great work MustangSaluki, you are building a great reference. 

I hit my 61 day window for my Delta Reserve for Business card. I started a CLI request online but received the 7 to 10 day response. I will either wait for the letter or get impatient and call to see what's going on tomorrow but it looks to not be separate for business and personal as the CSR informed me during my last call. Not really good news but at least I can plan for my next request. 

Message 82 of 5,432
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

After being denied on the 61st day, i decided to ask for a cli again (its been 7 months since activation). Got instantly approved from $2500 to $7500 woo! Smiley LOL

Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 83 of 5,432
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@charleeislegend wrote:

After being denied on the 61st day, i decided to ask for a cli again (its been 7 months since activation). Got instantly approved from $2500 to $7500 woo! Smiley LOL

That's wonderful -- congrats!!! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 84 of 5,432
charleeislegend
Regular Contributor

Thanks u! So stoked about the future of my young credit history!
Credit Karma (TU) : 810 Discover FICO (TU): 805 Credit Sesame (EX): 805 myFICO (EQ) - 791
Amex Simplycash Business - $15000 Citi Costco - $12000 Citi Double Cash - $10000 Discover IT - $12000 Chase Sapphire Reserve - $32000
Message 85 of 5,432
slippy84
Contributor

@slippy84 wrote:
So is the maximum you should request exactly $25k or is it $24999?

Any takers on this? I've done a ton of research and can't seem to nail down an exact answer. It sounds like the max you can request without getting a human involved is $25k exactly but some say that asking for $25k instead of $24999 can trigger a FR. Anyone found any truth to that?

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 86 of 5,432
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@slippy84 wrote:

@slippy84 wrote:

Any takers on this? I've done a ton of research and can't seem to nail down an exact answer. It sounds like the max you can request without getting a human involved is $25k exactly but some say that asking for $25k instead of $24999 can trigger a FR. Anyone found any truth to that?

I believe it has to be in $100 increments so $24,900 or $25,000. 

Message 87 of 5,432
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@scenery_guy wrote:

@slippy84 wrote:

@slippy84 wrote:

I believe it has to be in $100 increments so $24,900 or $25,000. 

AFAIK it's 25K inclusive.

We've had so many people ask for 25K previously I simply assume we would know if Amex was triggering FR's on that request.  I suppose if you were cautious like me and worried about it, simply asking for 24K is close enough without being worrisome either for FR or other awkward reasons (like Amex wondering why someone would request $24900 for a limit).

        
Message 88 of 5,432
MustangSaluki
Regular Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

(like Amex wondering why someone would request $24900 for a limit).

Rev

When your initial limit is $8300 then it is very tempting to get to $24,900 Smiley Happy I remember when I first learnt about my CL the day after approval on the Amex HHS, I immediately thought Amex was intentionally enticing with a magic 3X waiting in the wings in 61 days Smiley Very Happy

I really like Walt_K's suggestion that is a note in the OP that Amex may ask for 4506T for anything above $25k. It is not a full blown Financial Review which can potentially affect all accounts if Amex doesn't like what they see. In the case of a CLI, they might just deny it on that account if they don't receive the relevant transcripts/documentation. 

Message 89 of 5,432
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@OhioCPA wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

i currently have 18k cl and  planning for my next CLI. Do you mean documentation is required when reaching 25K, so I may be better off to ask for 24.5k total CL. Or it's ok to increase to 25k, just not go above

It's okay to increase to 25k, just not over.

That's great. Thanks for the information. Can you please clarify on one point? I understand 25k is a limit over which financia documentsm is required, but is this the limit for one CC, or for  total CL for all AMX CC I own

Message 90 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.