cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

Re: Just need to verify. AMEX CLI is still soft pull right?

Thanks.  Just got my increase.

Message 531 of 5,432
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just need to verify. AMEX CLI is still soft pull right?

Message 532 of 5,432
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

I just want clarification on this if you can please help.

So i've had my Blue everyday card since 2007 and i just recently applied and was approved for the AX blue card in Dec. 

I moved credit from the everyday to the blue. I know I can request a cli 61 days on the blue but can i request it on the everyday instead after 61 days?

I dont know if its been 6 months since my last request on my everyday card. Does it even matter?

Thank for all your help

Message 533 of 5,432
Drew
Frequent Contributor

6th statement was cut today.  Just went from $6000 to $18000 through the automated system.  Yeaaaahhhhhhhh buddy.

Message 534 of 5,432
forceedge99
Contributor

Just tried to increase my limit for the second time. Initially I started with 4k. Waited 60 days then tried it and got bumped to 12

Just did it a second time

Went from 12k to 20k which is good enough for me. Really hope it's NOT a hard pull.

I called a rep and asked and she said she wasn't sure.. Lol oh great
BCE - 12k
Cap 1 QuickSilver - 1.75k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Your FICO® score at Equifax is 725 (Update: Increased to 751) =]
Message 535 of 5,432
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Welp, got my Blue Sky (15k) today, and for the heck of it figured I'd try this out.

I have a Blue Cash ($600 limit, blech) that I actually did start running some charges (groceries, of course) through, and requested the 3X CLI.  Approved!

I tried on the Blue (points) Card that has been seen some small charges; I'll get a letter in 7-10 days for a requested $1500 CLI from its current $500... So I guess that one will get declined.

1. Since I received a 3X CLI on Blue Cash, does that mean my Blue Sky is now locked out for six months, or can I go back to the well in 61 days?

2. Are business credit cards part of the ~$34k limit, or are business credit cards separate from that threshold?

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 536 of 5,432
oracles
Valued Contributor

@oracles wrote:

So i've had my Blue everyday card since 2007 and i just recently applied and was approved for the AX blue card in Dec. 

I moved credit from the everyday to the blue. I know I can request a cli 61 days on the blue but can i request it on the everyday instead after 61 days?

I dont know if its been 6 months since my last request on my everyday card. Does it even matter?

Thank for all your help

Anybody?

Message 537 of 5,432
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@oracles wrote:

@oracles wrote:

Thank for all your help

Anybody?

As I just did, you could 3X CLI on the BCE (six months since last increase) on it now.

If you want to CLI the BLUE, the posts say you must wait 61 days from approval.

Once you do either CLI, you need to wait 180 days (6 months) acorss ALL Amex accounts you own. (confirmed today)

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 538 of 5,432
rogersave
Regular Contributor

Approved 3x CLI today from 2k to 6k on my BCE. Left a small balance 1st month PIF before statement cut on 2nd

Equifax 712 transunion 693experian 673
Chase freedom 500 Chase United explorer 5000 Discover IT 13000 AMEX PRG npsl AMEX BCE 6000 CSP 12000.AMEX ED 15000 Citi Simplicity 7000
Message 539 of 5,432
gobluechicago
New Visitor

Has anyone heard of a split EX credit file?

Applied for my Amex 61 day CLI in November and got the dreaded "7 to 10 day" message. But I think that my AMEX CLi may have beendenied because of split file. Here's why:

1) When I received the rejection letter, my EX FICO score on the letter was a hundred points lower than what I grabbed myself here.

2) The letter referenced "derogatory public record collection filed" twice. I have no baddies currently, based on multiple checks of my Experian file via the backdoor, based on my Experian Creditwatch monitoring, and also based on my Credit Sesame fako monitoring.

3) Lastly, the letter referenced a Amex soft pull date that doesn't appear on my Experian file via the backdoor. In fact, the recents backdoor file doesn't show ANY Amex soft pulls at all since about a month before the soft pull date referenced in the Amex rejection letter.

What do the experts here think?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 540 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.