Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide

tag
sakhalin070
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide Discussion Thread

I attempted to get another 3X CLI, but I got the 7-10 day message.  Then I got an e-mail saying my decision was finalized (almost immediately later), but when I go through the steps, I get a "Sorry, your application cannot be accessed at this time, please try again later."

I'm assuming I didn't get the CLI b/c my account still lists the same CL. 

EDIT:  Looks like it was a browser issue.  I used IE and was able to see the status just fine.  I got denied, because the limit I requested was too high in relation to my reported income, which is true and makes total sense.

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards, Barclaycard Cash Forward
Message 591 of 5,432
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@irrational wrote:

I just 3xed my BCP from $2,200 to $6,600!

I wanted slightly longer than the initial 60 days (I had an account reporting erronously, and wanted to get that cleared first)... so, it was closer to 75 days... but still, 3X!

Amex hadn't SPed me since late december, and accordingly to my Experian report never SPed me when I requested the CLI.

Congrat and I think you hit on a very important point.  Many people are worried about how their reports look on the day they ask for the 3X when Amex actually uses the last SP they initited.  It is important that you know when they last sp'd you and what your reports looked like then, not on your request day.  My last sp prior a 3X was several weeks prior and they did ot sp me on the day of my request.  Important to know when they last looked at you.  

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 592 of 5,432
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

I just went from 2000 to 6000 using the 3x 61 days. But Im a student and my part time income is 21,000. In six months I don't think I can get 18,000 because my income is too low compared to that. What do you think would be a good CLI to ask for in six months? I always PIF.

Message 593 of 5,432
Beane
Regular Contributor

@BOSScredit wrote:

I just went from 2000 to 6000 using the 3x 61 days. But Im a student and my part time income is 21,000. In six months I don't think I can get 18,000 because my income is too low compared to that. What do you think would be a good CLI to ask for in six months? I always PIF.

I believe if you ask for the max they will counter with an appropriate amount.  Like if you request 18k they may counter with 12K.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 594 of 5,432
kroberts67
Established Contributor

@Beane wrote:

@BOSScredit wrote:

I believe if you ask for the max they will counter with an appropriate amount.  Like if you request 18k they may counter with 12K.

Message#594 right above this shows he was denied but wasn't countered.

FICO: EQ 814 | TU 847 | EX ? (Started in the low 500's... you can do it!)

Amex BCE $25000, Amex AP $20000, SFFCU Visa $15000 + LOC $5000, USAA Amex $6000, USAA MC $7000, Cap1 $9500, Freedom $12000, Slate $500, Barclays "RIP" SM $11500, USBank Cash+ $12500, Citi Diamond $11200, Citi Double Cash $12000, Care Credit $13500k.
My Credit Repair Journey
Message 595 of 5,432
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@maksimfa wrote:

@enxinas wrote:

Went from 2k - 6k - 8k... Sigh* oh well no 18k for me...

EDIT: I just noticed that Amex wasnt really soft puilling my report..

What is your stated income? Odds are it is not your score but rather total credit avail vs income.

My total credit is 35k, and I stated that my income is 30k. I'm pretty sure it is the income as well. (my overall available credit is the same as my income)

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 596 of 5,432
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

The system countered for me today...had 2k, asked for 6 and was auto countered with 5.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 597 of 5,432
hot4u
Established Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

The system countered for me today...had 2k, asked for 6 and was auto countered with 5.

Congrats..Smiley Wink

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 598 of 5,432
cowboyguy
Regular Contributor

I was eligible to request a 6 month 3X CLI on my Delta. I applied for an Amex card a month ago and got approved for it. Am I eligible to request a 3X CLI on this new card after one month from today?

Walmart Discover $10,000... Chase SW $8,500... Freedom $7,000... CSP $6,000... Amex Delta $3,000... Amex BCP $2,000... Local CU $1,500...
Message 599 of 5,432
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@cowboyguy wrote:

I was eligible to request a 6 month 3X CLI on my Delta. I applied for an Amex card a month ago and got approved for it. Am I eligible to request a 3X CLI on this new card after one month from today?

6 months for all accounts between CLI's. 

Message 600 of 5,432
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.