Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Discovery Luv Button is Back

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: The Discovery Luv Button is Back

Where would the luv button be if you had it?? screenshot?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 51 of 59
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Tried to screen shot from iPad with no luck didn't know where to attach it from the reply screen here...From home screen, top right below Search it says help. Click that. On the next screen below manage account it says request a credit limit increase. Boom. Got $500 here tried for $1500 increase. Hav e had a $500 limit since 2008...mainly keeping it open for AAoA ...
Message 52 of 59
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@s_rob7488 wrote:
Tried to screen shot from iPad with no luck didn't know where to attach it from the reply screen here...From home screen, top right below Search it says help. Click that. On the next screen below manage account it says request a credit limit increase. Boom. Got $500 here tried for $1500 increase. Hav e had a $500 limit since 2008...mainly keeping it open for AAoA ...

Found it! Thanks!!

Do you have to wait a certain amount of time to hit it?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 53 of 59
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

I logged in and went right to it. I just checked again and it said I couldn't do another that I had already processed one or something along those lines
Message 54 of 59
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I got a voicemail a day or two after I hit the button but then decided not to do it.  When I called back they said they were calling to ask me questions about my attempted CLI.  I told them I did not go through with it because it said it was going to be a HP - I just logged off.  They told me to call back when I'm ready to request another one.  I thought it was weird that they had a record of me without me even finishing the request.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 55 of 59
jefftca925
Established Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

I got a voicemail a day or two after I hit the button but then decided not to do it.  When I called back they said they were calling to ask me questions about my attempted CLI.  I told them I did not go through with it because it said it was going to be a HP - I just logged off.  They told me to call back when I'm ready to request another one.  I thought it was weird that they had a record of me without me even finishing the request.

... thats kinda freaky.  How long do you have to wait between increases with Discover?  I forget.  I just got one in November I think.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 56 of 59
mario02423

I had trouble getting a CLI from Discover for a long time. I kept requesting (even after leaving college and gaining full-time employement) and I got nothing. Finally, I called and spoke with a representative. I asked why I was being declined, and she read some very specific things from my report. It didn't seem right, so I asked her when the report was from. She said 2009 (which was when I opened my account). Discover was using my initial credit report to judge my worthiness. I asked her to pull a new report -- she seemed surprsied that I'd even ask such a thing -- and I was awarded a much higher limit. Always something to check.

1ST FIN BANK 5 | AMERICAN EAGLE VISA 5.3 | AMEX FIA 15 | BEST BUY CHARGE 8 | CHASE AMAZON 4 | CHASE SLATE 1 | CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED MC 10 | CITI PLAT. SELECT AA MC 8.5 | CITI THANK YOU 10 | CITI THANK YOU PREFERRED 10 | DISCOVER MORE 16 | HHB PLAT MASTERCARD 4 | HOME DEPOT 10 | KOHL'S CHARGE 3.5 | NORDSTROM CHARGE 8 | SEARS CHARGE 4 | TARGET CHARGE 0.9 | TJX CHARGE 5 | WALMART CHARGE 2

TOTAL CREDIT 130.2 | UTILIZATION 2.1% | STUDENT LOANS INFINITY
Message 57 of 59
minimock
Frequent Contributor

Better to have loved and lost then no luv at all........

I am not luved Smiley Sad call 1-800-NO LOVE for assistance LOL.

Message 58 of 59
learnin113
Established Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

Same thing happened to me...I'm gonna keep pressing and they will keep calling I'm sure until someone gives in and I end up with a CLI.  HeeheeSmiley Very Happy

Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.