Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Donut Experiment with Amex

tag
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

IRe: The Donut Experiment with Amex

I stopped by this thread earliar today and thought it to be weird. I further thought that it would never make 3 pages.

Yes I'm adding to that total but here's my 2 cents worth.

Alot of folks on this board take credit very seriously. For many its their lifeline as businesses (small & large) depend on credit to continue business.

If you want to play games, then there's no way to stop you but please dont publicize it in the face of those who care about this thing called credit.

Message 31 of 44
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: IRe: The Donut Experiment with Amex

Reading through the OP's prior posts, sounds like the jest of it is that they applied to Amex for namesake, without doing research on what Amex is all about.

Message 32 of 44
Johnny_Favorite
Regular Contributor

Re: The Donut Experiment with Amex

I'll take my credit as I please. Thanks for your concern. You shouldn't worry so much what others do.

I bought a dozen donuts tonight.

Message 33 of 44
Open123
Super Contributor

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:
I'll take my credit as I please. Thanks for your concern. You shouldn't worry so much what others do.

You're going to need to buy a lot more than a dozen.  Do they have Dunkin Donuts gift cards?  Buy $1,000 per week and pay with a third party check.

Message 34 of 44
RSCo
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

You're going to need to buy a lot more than a dozen.  Do they have Dunkin Donuts gift cards?  Buy $1,000 per week and pay with a third party check.

Better yet, order travelers checks and deposit them into your bank account and pay with those funds.  

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 35 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha, i'm looking forward to see what happens

Message 36 of 44
creditballer
Regular Contributor

what amex card do u have...other than usaa?

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 37 of 44
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@Johnny_Favorite wrote:

Some of you guys aren't understaning what he is doing. You guys are suggesting deceptive practices that are commonly done by theives. Buying 1000 in DD gift cards has nothing to do with F/R you fool. It has everything to do with the fraud department. Every bank will question those kind of charges to protect the cardholder because of a possibility that thieves used that persons stolen CC for G/C transactions. Hes using repitive transactions at a similar amout followed by an odd charge that doesnt follow his spending pattern in hopes to set off a F/R for fun or trial and error basically.

Message 38 of 44
FrugalRican
Blogger

It's not going to trigger a FR.

I can tell you that much, right now.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 39 of 44
E150GT
Frequent Contributor

I would think a one would have more pressing things to other than mess with a credit card company...

CSP-$8700, Amex BCE-17.2k, Chase Freedom-$5700
Discover It-$6600, USAA MC-$5900 Ink Bold- $12k United Explorer-$5k
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.