Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Duck Card

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

The Duck Card

So, I applied for the Duck Card again and instead of an outright denial this time I got:

Dear Applicant,

Your VISA credit card application has been received and is being processed. You will receive an update on the status of your request within 7-10 business days. Thank you, Card Services.

Does this mean I may get approved and should I apply for others so all of the inquiries will fall off at about the same time? And should I also call a recon line for them or what?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 1 of 255
254 REPLIES 254
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: The Duck Card

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So, I applied for the Duck Card again and instead of an outright denial this time I got:

Dear Applicant,

Your VISA credit card application has been received and is being processed. You will receive an update on the status of your request within 7-10 business days. Thank you, Card Services.

Does this mean I may get approved and should I apply for others so all of the inquiries will fall off at about the same time? And should I also call a recon line for them or what?

Call them... they like you to answer 2 questions off your credit report and then proceed. it speeds things up.

Message 2 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

What is the recon number? Oh and discover offered me an it Secured card.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 3 of 255
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

PASS... if you are getting approved for a duck card.

Message 4 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

PASS... if you are getting approved for a duck card.

They said there was nothing they could do, that I wouldn't know whether I was approved or not until I received the card or the denial in the mail. What is my next step from here?

Message 5 of 255
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

Here's hoping for the answer you need to hear.
Message 6 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

So what should I do from here? Wait it out or apply for something else or take the discover secured card?

Message 7 of 255
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

So what should I do from here? Wait it out or apply for something else or take the discover secured card?

don't take Discover yet.

What cards do you currently have?

what else might you want?

have you checked pre-qual at the different sites for Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Captail One?

Message 8 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

don't take Discover yet.

have you checked pre-qual at the different sites for Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Captail One?

Citi, Chase, and Capital One said I was prequalified for anything. Let me try BoA. And I have the Capital One Secured Card and AAMCO GE Car Care One Card. 

Message 9 of 255
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

don't take Discover yet.

Citi, Chase, and Capital One said I was prequalified for anything. Let me try BoA. And I have the Capital One Secured Card and AAMCO GE Car Care One Card. 

oh so your credit is farily new or rebuilding?

maybe discover it secured would be good choice then.

Message 10 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.