xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: The Duck Card

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

Here's hoping for the answer you need to hear.

So what should I do from here? Wait it out or apply for something else or take the discover secured card?

don't take Discover yet.

What cards do you currently have?

what else might you want?

have you checked pre-qual at the different sites for Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Captail One?

Citi, Chase, and Capital One said I was prequalified for anything. Let me try BoA. And I have the Capital One Secured Card and AAMCO GE Car Care One Card. 

oh so your credit is farily new or rebuilding?

maybe discover it secured would be good choice then.

New and building. BoA didn't give me any prequalified offers either, so whats next?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 11 of 255
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

So what should I do from here? Wait it out or apply for something else or take the discover secured card?

don't take Discover yet.

have you checked pre-qual at the different sites for Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Captail One?

Citi, Chase, and Capital One said I was prequalified for anything. Let me try BoA. And I have the Capital One Secured Card and AAMCO GE Car Care One Card. 

New and building. BoA didn't give me any prequalified offers either, so whats next?

BofA secured would be even better then discover since it graduates and so far I don't believe Discover is saying they will ever unsecure.

otherwise you really have enough credit to build with... you just need to sit tight for 6-12 months building on what you have.

Message 12 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

don't take Discover yet.

BofA secured would be even better then discover since it graduates and so far I don't believe Discover is saying they will ever unsecure.

otherwise you really have enough credit to build with... you just need to sit tight for 6-12 months building on what you have.

Should I do both? Like put $300 on the BoA card and $200 on the discover card? And build relationships with several different lenders? Or $500 on both?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 13 of 255
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

don't take Discover yet.

Should I do both? Like put $300 on the BoA card and $200 on the discover card? And build relationships with several different lenders? Or $500 on both?

if you apply for bofa secured and get that I would skip the discover just because you wait 6 months and you can probably get discover unsecured after having the bofa secured.

Message 14 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

don't take Discover yet.

if you apply for bofa secured and get that I would skip the discover just because you wait 6 months and you can probably get discover unsecured after having the bofa secured.

BoA has an annual fee, but discover does not should that affect the decision? Plus the cash back and free fico score?

Message 15 of 255
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

don't take Discover yet.

BoA has an annual fee, but discover does not should that affect the decision? Plus the cash back and free fico score?

once you get approved, bofa will switch to a cash back version if I have read on here correctly... most secured cards do have an AF... bofa can also unsecure in 9 months... it's WELL worth it!

Message 16 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

once you get approved, bofa will switch to a cash back version if I have read on here correctly... most secured cards do have an AF... bofa can also unsecure in 9 months... it's WELL worth it!

I'm just saying though, do you think it would build a history faster if I had $500 on both and let them report for 6 months? I'd like to increase my chances of getting a bigger limit card.

Message 17 of 255
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

I'm just saying though, do you think it would build a history faster if I had $500 on both and let them report for 6 months? I'd like to increase my chances of getting a bigger limit card.

3 cards for scoring so I would put $1k on BofA instead of 2 $500.

Message 18 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

3 cards for scoring so I would put $1k on BofA instead of 2 $500.

Sounds like a plan! Thank you for your help!

Message 19 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

I did have one other question. Do people generally get approved for the duck card when they get the 7-10 day wait and are the credit limits usually pretty generous? Sorry for all the questions!

Message 20 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.