Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Duck Card

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: The Duck Card

@op,

I agree that you should go with one credit card with $1,000 limit as opposed to two cards at $500.  As far as the Duck card, I applied last year some time and was denied due to delinquency in the las two years.  My score at that time was about 687 EQ FICO.  The Duck folks generally tend not to like delinquencies in the past two years.  This is most likely especially true with a thin file, as I had/have.  The 7-10 message is pretty common also.  They may call you to verify two creditors from your credit report and then tell you that they will continue your review.  I think at that point, your application is sent to an underwriter for a manual review.  They seem to be very generous to those with 700+ EQ scores with no baddies and thick files.  What are your stats (i.e. EQ score, any baddies & age, number of inquiries on EQ).  With that information, you may be able to obtain a rough guess as to which way they will go.  Good luck to you.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 21 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

I agree that you should go with one credit card with $1,000 limit as opposed to two cards at $500.  As far as the Duck card, I applied last year some time and was denied due to delinquency in the las two years.  My score at that time was about 687 EQ FICO.  The Duck folks generally tend not to like delinquencies in the past two years.  This is most likely especially true with a thin file, as I had/have.  The 7-10 message is pretty common also.  They may call you to verify two creditors from your credit report and then tell you that they will continue your review.  I think at that point, your application is sent to an underwriter for a manual review.  They seem to be very generous to those with 700+ EQ scores with no baddies and thick files.  What are your stats (i.e. EQ score, any baddies & age, number of inquiries on EQ).  With that information, you may be able to obtain a rough guess as to which way they will go.  Good luck to you.

EQ 689. Capital One Secured Card 4 Months. GE Capital Car Care One card. And student loan payments ontime 4 years, and I think 7 inquiries. What do you think?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 22 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@op,

I would say you have a good shot at getting in.  However, I wouldn't expect a generous limit.  I would think it would be under 5K and probably more along the lines of 500-2.5k.  That's just my opinion what I have read here on other approvals and denials.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 23 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

I would say you have a good shot at getting in.  However, I wouldn't expect a generous limit.  I would think it would be under 5K and probably more along the lines of 500-2.5k.  That's just my opinion what I have read here on other approvals and denials.

Honestly, that would be great at this point, my Car Care One card limit was 1,000. And my capital one was 500, so do you think my limit will be at least 1.5K? Isn't it usually a multiple of your total available credit previously?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 24 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@op,

It seems with the generous limits, they have at least matched the individual's highest limit or exceeded it.  I haven't seen that with thin files or scores less than 700.  I would think you would be at 500-1.5k based on your current limits.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 25 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

It seems with the generous limits, they have at least matched the individual's highest limit or exceeded it.  I haven't seen that with thin files or scores less than 700.  I would think you would be at 500-1.5k based on your current limits.

Gotta sstart somewhere right? Smiley Happy Should I call tomorrow and check the status?

Message 26 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@op,

Did you just apply today?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 27 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

Did you just apply today?

Yes, why? How long should I give them? I got the 7-10 days message.

Message 28 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@op,

When I applied last year.  It gave them a day and then called to verify information from my credit report.  Then it was another 3 days before I called back (well I called everyday) and was told I was denied.  You could call on Friday and just ask them if there is any additional information needed.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 29 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

When I applied last year.  It gave them a day and then called to verify information from my credit report.  Then it was another 3 days before I called back (well I called everyday) and was told I was denied.  You could call on Friday and just ask them if there is any additional information needed.

If I don't get approved are there any other cards I should try or any of the other secured cards?

Message 30 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.