Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Duck Card

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: The Duck Card

That is odd. Maybe one of the veterans here can explain.
(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 41 of 255
myjourney
Super Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

If for some reason you are denied (I hope not) please posts on this thread that I started for Duck denials; http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Please-post-Duck-card-denials/m-p/2757057#M786985

This is odd. They said they don't need to verify anything on my account that I would get either the card/approval or a denial in the mail in 7-10 business days. What could this possibly mean?

You mean you app right? 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 42 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

If for some reason you are denied (I hope not) please posts on this thread that I started for Duck denials; http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Please-post-Duck-card-denials/m-p/2757057#M786985

This is odd. They said they don't need to verify anything on my account that I would get either the card/approval or a denial in the mail in 7-10 business days. What could this possibly mean?

You mean you app right? 

Yes, so what could this mean?

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 43 of 255
myjourney
Super Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

You mean you app right? 

You may get the card I truly hope so but I have to be honest because I don't want you to get your hopes up and be let down.

It was probably a denial which is why they didn't need any info from you and told you to wait for mail....

Sorry Smiley Sad

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 44 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

You mean you app right? 

You may get the card I truly hope so but I have to be honest because I don't want you to get your hopes up and be let down.

It was probably a denial which is why they didn't need any info from you and told you to wait for mail....

Sorry Smiley Sad

So where should I go from here?:/

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 45 of 255
myjourney
Super Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

You mean you app right? 

Sorry Smiley Sad

So where should I go from here?:/

Be patience wait on the letter, update us and you can go from there ....I know it's hard 

I've been watching lately your moving to fast slow and steady wins the race and racking up HP's with no results prolongs the process 

I would rather tell you the truth then sugar coat it ......Smiley Embarassed

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 46 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Well thank you for the honesty. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated.

Message 47 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@op,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.   That waiting is excruciating I know.  I really hope you get it.  I wonder if they are indeed tightening the purse strings.  My plan for November 2014 may be up in smokes.  Come on Amex (March 2014 baby).

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 48 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.   That waiting is excruciating I know.  I really hope you get it.  I wonder if they are indeed tightening the purse strings.  My plan for November 2014 may be up in smokes.  Come on Amex (March 2014 baby).

So I found the underwriters number and called. They said they did not have a denial on file and that they were waiting on an approval, with the decision being made Monday. So I don't know really what they meant by that, but hopefully I'll get approved for something monday. The lady told me just to call back monday to see what the results were.

Message 49 of 255
myjourney
Super Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@OP,

So I found the underwriters number and called. They said they did not have a denial on file and that they were waiting on an approval, with the decision being made Monday. So I don't know really what they meant by that, but hopefully I'll get approved for something monday. The lady told me just to call back monday to see what the results were.

I have my fingers crossed for you 

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 50 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.