Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Duck Card

tag
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Duck Card

Just curious.  Did you guys opt for the cash back version or the one with the lower apr?

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 71 of 255
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Hockeyplayrr,

I believe it was the cash back option for me.  My thought was the low apr is probably reserved for those with excellent credit.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 72 of 255
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Cash Back version.
Message 73 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Cash Back Version as well.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 74 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Ah the wait is killer!!! Hopefully I will hear something back when I call them tomorrow!!! @ 12njoy let us know what they say to you as well ok? Also should I pull the three side by side fico scores since I am starting out now or wait (until when?) 

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 75 of 255
studiogeek
Valued Member

Don't trust your Duck/Beaver cards (until further notice). DO NOT leave the house with only this card.  Many people have had their accounts frozen and when you call in, they say "Your card may have been compromised" and offer no further info.

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 76 of 255
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Well guys & gals you may not be able to get any info out of these small time operators, seems they have frozen just about everyones card who has apped in last 2 months. I called card services this morn to find out what was up, pressed them hard and all they could say was "its possibly compromised", we will call you when we have further info..... Well this doesn't set with me, I didn't beleive them and I demanded that the card hold be released immediately or put it where sun doesn't shine, they refused so the Beaver card I had for all of 5 days is in the dustbin of OCCU Duck/Beaver history. Wishing you all the best of luck with them.

PS: Personally I think they are under pressure from regulators over loan loss reserves, in all my life I have never seen an organization like this hand out high limits to just about anyone who comes knocking, including people with BKs, other PRs, CA/JDB, COs, etc..

Message 77 of 255
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

You have to admit they been handing out super high starting limits like candy!

20k limits x multi apps for a good while now.

Well, at least i did manage to get a BT done before whatever is going to happen, happens.
Message 78 of 255
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
You have to admit they been handing out super high starting limits like candy!

20k limits x multi apps for a good while now.

Well, at least i did manage to get a BT done before whatever is going to happen, happens.

Yeah if this hurts me I'm back to square one with secured cards that aren't even helping.

Message 79 of 255
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

I just signed in to my (Duck) online account. Everything is there as expected. No cautions or any sort of hint to a problem. My spend is already been done for me until next month. Maybe whatever is raising all these recent rash of concerns will get ironed out once the business week goes forward again.
Message 80 of 255
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.