Reply
Established Contributor
xXIDaShizIXx
Posts: 543
Registered: ‎10-30-2013
0

The Duck Card

So, I applied for the Duck Card again and instead of an outright denial this time I got:

 

Dear Applicant,

 

Your VISA credit card application has been received and is being processed. You will receive an update on the status of your request within 7-10 business days. Thank you, Card Services.


Does this mean I may get approved and should I apply for others so all of the inquiries will fall off at about the same time? And should I also call a recon line for them or what?

 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,116
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: The Duck Card


xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

So, I applied for the Duck Card again and instead of an outright denial this time I got:

 

Dear Applicant,

 

Your VISA credit card application has been received and is being processed. You will receive an update on the status of your request within 7-10 business days. Thank you, Card Services.


Does this mean I may get approved and should I apply for others so all of the inquiries will fall off at about the same time? And should I also call a recon line for them or what?

 


Call them... they like you to answer 2 questions off your credit report and then proceed. it speeds things up.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
xXIDaShizIXx
Posts: 543
Registered: ‎10-30-2013
0

Re: The Duck Card

What is the recon number? Oh and discover offered me an it Secured card.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,116
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: The Duck Card


xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

What is the recon number? Oh and discover offered me an it Secured card.


PASS... if you are getting approved for a duck card.

800.365.1111

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
xXIDaShizIXx
Posts: 543
Registered: ‎10-30-2013
0

Re: The Duck Card


Creditaddict wrote:

xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

What is the recon number? Oh and discover offered me an it Secured card.


PASS... if you are getting approved for a duck card.

800.365.1111


They said there was nothing they could do, that I wouldn't know whether I was approved or not until I received the card or the denial in the mail. What is my next step from here?

Valued Contributor
CreditMagic7
Posts: 3,853
Registered: ‎01-04-2014
0

Re: The Duck Card

When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

Here's hoping for the answer you need to hear.
| |

It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny
Established Contributor
xXIDaShizIXx
Posts: 543
Registered: ‎10-30-2013
0

Re: The Duck Card


CreditMagic7 wrote:
When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

Here's hoping for the answer you need to hear.

So what should I do from here? Wait it out or apply for something else or take the discover secured card?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,116
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: The Duck Card


xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

CreditMagic7 wrote:
When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

Here's hoping for the answer you need to hear.

So what should I do from here? Wait it out or apply for something else or take the discover secured card?


don't take Discover yet.

What cards do you currently have?

what else might you want?

have you checked pre-qual at the different sites for Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Captail One?

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
xXIDaShizIXx
Posts: 543
Registered: ‎10-30-2013
0

Re: The Duck Card


Creditaddict wrote:

xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

CreditMagic7 wrote:
When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

Here's hoping for the answer you need to hear.

So what should I do from here? Wait it out or apply for something else or take the discover secured card?


don't take Discover yet.

What cards do you currently have?

what else might you want?

have you checked pre-qual at the different sites for Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Captail One?


Citi, Chase, and Capital One said I was prequalified for anything. Let me try BoA. And I have the Capital One Secured Card and AAMCO GE Car Care One Card. 

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 22,116
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: The Duck Card


xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

Creditaddict wrote:

xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

CreditMagic7 wrote:
When i applied i waited maybe 4 to 5 days then called. You could try calling back and maybe get someone on the line to confirm whatever decision they made. They take their sweet time because of manual close review and why i gave them those days before i called. They didn't ask me any questions, i ask them if it was approved or not.

Here's hoping for the answer you need to hear.

So what should I do from here? Wait it out or apply for something else or take the discover secured card?


don't take Discover yet.

What cards do you currently have?

what else might you want?

have you checked pre-qual at the different sites for Chase, Citi, Bank of America, Captail One?


Citi, Chase, and Capital One said I was prequalified for anything. Let me try BoA. And I have the Capital One Secured Card and AAMCO GE Car Care One Card. 


oh so your credit is farily new or rebuilding?

maybe discover it secured would be good choice then.

Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}