Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

@Pupeitmeister

I would never have had that kind of start that i did without this amazing forum's members contributions, suggestions, and opinions. Everyone's input is so valuable!

On top of that, this place is also helped me to curb the temptation of becoming complacent and lazy which i know i would have fell into in short order.

Thanks!
Message 41 of 559
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Pupeitmeister wrote:
Shameless bump!

Anyone have a status update?

I have paid off my Amex, MSUFCU, and Citi.

Chase will report about a $230 balance and be paid off around the 6th of Feb...so I'm still on track!

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 42 of 559
Smug
Established Contributor

I win! I pay in full each month
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 43 of 559
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@longtime_lurker

Great "on track" results!
Message 44 of 559
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
@longtime_lurker

Great "on track" results!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 45 of 559
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Ok, I am in. I wish I could have used the NFCU balance transfer....can't pay my NavCheck with a BT to cashRewards right?? lol...

Due 8th- NavCheck- 5k/7.5k 15%

Due 2nd- Barclays MC- 400/500 0% until 4/14

Due 7th- Cap1 QS Visa- 400/1k 19.8%

Due 3rd- Victorias Secret- 65/300 28%?? I just know its high....

Due 17th- NFCU Visa- 29/10k 12%

Due 15th- Cap1 QS MC- 0/750 22%

Due Not Sure- Macys 0/400 ??

Due 2nd- Target 0/200 ??

I just planned on paying about $500 monthly on the NavCheck, I may boost it up to $700 and have it paid off before 2014 holidays. I use the Barclays and QS for groceries and gas (rewards)....so should I be using them for rewards and PIF each month?  Maybe I could switch out the QS Visa for MC to give me more time to pay? I could use a different paycheck for each...Barclays stinks because the limit is so low....I can't get all of my shopping and gas done with it. 

Help!!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 46 of 559
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

@CreditJunkie917 wrote:

I'm in!! My biggest focus will be to pay down my NFCU card as much as possible to maximize UTI, for the biggest score bumps. The goal is to be as close to 750 across the board by years end. Good Luck everyone!!!

CARDCREDIT LIMITBALANCEUTI %

NFCU CR$12,500 $5,866 46%
DUCK CARD$10,000 $0 0%
USAA WMC$7,000 $0 0%
USAA AMEX$7,000 $0 0%
CSP$5,000 $51 1%
AMEX BCE$2,000 $96 4%
CAP1 QS$1,500 $153 10%
CAP1 SECURE$200 $0 0%
V.S. ANGEL$500 $0 0%

Ok, to advise properly on a payoff plan I am going to need interest rates Smiley Happy .. Can you provide them? as well as a monthly or biweekly allotment you can commit to putting towards the debt?

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 47 of 559
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

@newmomnewme wrote:

Ok, I am in. I wish I could have used the NFCU balance transfer....can't pay my NavCheck with a BT to cashRewards right?? lol...

Due 8th- NavCheck- 5k/7.5k 15%

Due 2nd- Barclays MC- 400/500 0% until 4/14

Due 7th- Cap1 QS Visa- 400/1k 19.8%

Due 3rd- Victorias Secret- 65/300 28%?? I just know its high....

Due 17th- NFCU Visa- 29/10k 12%

Due 15th- Cap1 QS MC- 0/750 22%

Due Not Sure- Macys 0/400 ??

Due 2nd- Target 0/200 ??

I just planned on paying about $500 monthly on the NavCheck, I may boost it up to $700 and have it paid off before 2014 holidays. I use the Barclays and QS for groceries and gas (rewards)....so should I be using them for rewards and PIF each month?  Maybe I could switch out the QS Visa for MC to give me more time to pay? I could use a different paycheck for each...Barclays stinks because the limit is so low....I can't get all of my shopping and gas done with it. 

Help!!!!

Welcome in Newmomnewme!.. Ok.. Lets see here.. It is too bad you couldn't take advantage of the 2.9 on NFCU.. That would help a bunch.. either way.. this is still doable. I would PIF the Visa, along with the Barclays and the Capone, or leave a small balance if you need a statement to cut for possible CLI on that VS.. (by small I mean less then 5 bucks, let it roll, go pick up the 6 for 20 deal next month if they have it, and pay off again to like 3 bucks. don't give them any more then the minimum interest, just so you can get the Statement cut for possible CLI.. (if you want that after 4 statements)...

Which NFCU Visa is that? If you aren't using it for rewards, go ahead and PIF that one too... and let it sit while you steady push on that Navcheck.

Are you planning any additional apps for now or are you gardening?

We can knock out a TON of debt if we use each other for motivation and support!.

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 48 of 559
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

@Smug wrote:
I win! I pay in full each month

Wow!.. Thats a "Smug" comment !... ROFL... JK.. seriously.. thats Awesome!

The purpose of this thread is to help others get to this point :: Points at Smug::: .. PIF for max rewards, least interest.  We all know it takes time to get there.  So, Lets have some FUN along the way!!

Message 49 of 559
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Pupeitmeister wrote:
Shameless bump!

Anyone have a status update?

I have paid off my Amex, MSUFCU, and Citi.

Chase will report about a $230 balance and be paid off around the 6th of Feb...so I'm still on track!

Thats GREAT!.. It looks like you are going to be in great shape UTI wise for your next batch of apps when you come out of the garden!!..

Message 50 of 559
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.