Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

tag
Crisis
Established Contributor

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

@Shogun wrote:

Whittled mine down to $8.07 left one one account, DiscoverIT.  And just paid it.  Util now at $0.  Smiley Wink

Congrats!

In the garden until debt is paid off and scores are up!
Message 331 of 559
Stralem
Established Contributor

Yeah, those unexpected expenditures are the worst when you're trying to bust debt.

I had to cover a $460+ heating bill for my mother because she got duped into signing up with some independent provider without reading the fine print. She saved a few bucks the first couple of months, sure, but lo and behold, the rate jacking I TOLD her would be coming... came.

And it came all over my face, because she didn't have the money to cover the sudden five-fold increase.

This isn't the first time I've had to bail her out, either. I'm not exaggerating when I say a good chunk of my debt was racked up keeping her (and by extention my f***ing failure younger siblings) from being ruined by their short-sightedness and absolute fiscal ignorance. I honestly don't know what the hell they're going to do when I leave the country next year, because I sure as sh*t won't be sending them a single red cent every month.

Seriously, they come to me every month asking for ~$1600 to cover the mortgage and other rate-jacked utilities as if I'm Mr. F***ing Moneybags. I want to tell them all to just f*** right the f*** off, but that wouldn't be nice, now would it?

Ugh. Just thinking about my family makes me want to punch kittens. Holy f***.

Anyway,

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 332 of 559
mszuki1000
Contributor

@Stralem

Calm down lad. ....trust me, we all have a piece of ur family in ours.....I have 12 brothers and you would think I'm their mother.....And they act like I make $100k instead of $45k......Get on my nerves so I feel ya!!!!!!!

Starting Score: 412
Current Score: 488
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 333 of 559
Stralem
Established Contributor

Imma tryin', imma tryin'.

I have a lot of things on my plate right now, and the last thing I need is another source of drain on my wallet.

I have four younger siblings who are just dead weight. Three of them are jobless and one's resigned herself to working in retail for the rest of her life. They ALL went to college, but two funked out, one became a hermit literally the day after he graduated, and one's working towards some fluff degree with ZERO employment prospects. I just want to scream when I look at them.

I'm just about ready to cut them off. I'm not going to support four grown assh*les for the rest of my life.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 334 of 559
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Crisis wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Whittled mine down to $8.07 left one one account, DiscoverIT.  And just paid it.  Util now at $0.  Smiley Wink

Congrats!

Now I just have to pay off the DW's.  She has $2700 on hers, just transferred it to a new Chase Slate with $0 BT, I'll have it paid off in a few months.  Just didn't want to funnel all the cash reserves away.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 335 of 559
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Pupeitmeister wrote:

I am proud to see the progress that people are making.

I also am going backwards.  Due to some personal financial hardships, medical issues, and not working right now, I am up to approx 26k in CC debt out of 48k... its not pretty, but its still doable.  I am working a plan, and just reduced the debt by 700 dollars today, I hope to do this every month.  We will see what is in store.

for those that are doing this with us, KEEP IT UP!

We will get through, as long as we support one another through the slips and falls along the way!

We're all trying though!

I don't judge, But there's people who instantly thought "Bankruptcy" when I told them about my $25,000 (It's up to $28,000 now) Credit Card debt + $20,000 Car loan + $15,000 owed to a family member for a total of $60,000 owed at the age of 22.

I'm not talking about anyone here, No one said that, But at my job when we were discussing it they mentioned it but it is NOT an option as long as I have my job I will continue to strive forward on this payoff challenge. We can do it!

Message 336 of 559
paturner
New Contributor

So I'm running into a problem as I attempt to payoff these credit cards. Ive recently racked up some late fees because Im missing dates. So I'm wondering if I consolidate some of the cards if that will help. As far as I can tell it will change my utilization per card but still overall utilization will remain the same. The monthly payments are killing me and with $25 late fees added...wow!. I have a Barclays card with a $50.00 monthly pymt and $39.95 goes to interest. I've got to do something. Any advice?

starting anew
Message 337 of 559
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Yeah, those unexpected expenditures are the worst when you're trying to bust debt.

I had to cover a $460+ heating bill for my mother because she got duped into signing up with some independent provider without reading the fine print. She saved a few bucks the first couple of months, sure, but lo and behold, the rate jacking I TOLD her would be coming... came.

And it came all over my face, because she didn't have the money to cover the sudden five-fold increase.

This isn't the first time I've had to bail her out, either. I'm not exaggerating when I say a good chunk of my debt was racked up keeping her (and by extention my f***ing failure younger siblings) from being ruined by their short-sightedness and absolute fiscal ignorance. I honestly don't know what the hell they're going to do when I leave the country next year, because I sure as sh*t won't be sending them a single red cent every month.

Seriously, they come to me every month asking for ~$1600 to cover the mortgage and other rate-jacked utilities as if I'm Mr. F***ing Moneybags. I want to tell them all to just f*** right the f*** off, but that wouldn't be nice, now would it?

Ugh. Just thinking about my family makes me want to punch kittens. Holy f***.

Anyway,

I know you didn't intend this to be funny and I know your frustartion, but Smiley Very Happy I'm nearly in tears here laughing at this. I'm sorry, I know how a deadbeat can really grind your gears-been there, done that. Anyway, keep your head up and remember-this too shall pass. 

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 338 of 559
Crisis
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

Imma tryin', imma tryin'.

I have a lot of things on my plate right now, and the last thing I need is another source of drain on my wallet.

I have four younger siblings who are just dead weight. Three of them are jobless and one's resigned herself to working in retail for the rest of her life. They ALL went to college, but two funked out, one became a hermit literally the day after he graduated, and one's working towards some fluff degree with ZERO employment prospects. I just want to scream when I look at them.

I'm just about ready to cut them off. I'm not going to support four grown assh*les for the rest of my life.

Has your brother that's the hermit seen a psychologist or psychiatrist?  He may actually be suffering from a mental illness.  If he is, there's a good chance that it's treatable, and that he can become a functional member of society. 

I'm sorry to hear about your financial troubles, and I know what it's like to support family who take for granted that you have money in your wallet.  I hope you are able to turn things around soon.

Message 339 of 559
Crisis
Established Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Crisis wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Congrats!

Now I just have to pay off the DW's.  She has $2700 on hers, just transferred it to a new Chase Slate with $0 BT, I'll have it paid off in a few months.  Just didn't want to funnel all the cash reserves away.

Good luck!  I don't blame you for not wanting to tap the reserves, especially with the option of transferring to a 0%

Message 340 of 559
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.