Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

The only way Id pay off my credit cards by the end of the year is if I hit the Lottery.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 471 of 559
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Crisis wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@RushXTC wrote:

I wouldn't call that slow progress...... $650 in a month is more than what I can give =P

Thanks, but the next couple of months will see zero decrease. I'm desperately hoping that there's no increase but some more travel is on the horizon, so I'm not very hopeful. 

Though, come September, I might get some extra cash, and the situation might be better. 

Best wishes for your path, RushXTC !

I hear ya.  I just went SLIDING.  I've bumped up my debt but we will all get where we need to be and be the better for it -- wiser and better prepared, I think.   Good luck and safe travels

Thanks Crisis. This kind of encouragement is required. I end up in these roughly 5-year cycles where I snowball debt. This is the second time it has happened. Time to get out of it. Won't happen quickly but slow and steady will get me there. 

Big expenses coming up next year!

5 years? I started mounting debt 4 years ago, I've never been debt free ever since... LOL.... Close to 400 on-time payments already! That's an average of 8 payments a month, >_<!!

I have a goal to finish within 2 years, Which will make it a 6 year debt run... if I can do it!! I get so tempted to modifying my car... I've put $4,500 into it since I bought it on Feb. Now I'm looking for a sound system that will both destroy my eardrums and cost me $3,500.

He he ! I was lucky I didn't have big debts (like a car). In the first cycle I mostly had a student loan and credit card bills; in the second half of the cycle I got some extra cash by working on at a foreign location for a few months, that got me completely debt free before I began this cycle. This one though, looks tricky Smiley Happy

Message 472 of 559
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Kennie02 wrote:

June is here and I am happy to report I only have 3 CC's left to pay! I PIF on my USAA Amex and BT my Cap One bal of $548 over to it. I had to pay $17 BT fee but I don't care! I just am tired of giving them my money! Hoping that I can pay all my cards off by Sept! yay!

Way to go. Stick to your plan and you'll get that ecstatic feeling !

Message 473 of 559
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

The only way Id pay off my credit cards by the end of the year is if I hit the Lottery.

Now now, let's not keep buying lottery tickets and adding that up to the debt Smiley Wink

A sizeable (and pre-planned) dent is good enough !

Message 474 of 559
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

haha i cant wait to be debt free! i remember when life was soo much simplier!

Message 475 of 559
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Now now, let's not keep buying lottery tickets and adding that up to the debt Smiley Wink

A sizeable (and pre-planned) dent is good enough !

Well I have until Feburary 2015 but lets see how much of a dent I can make in two credit cards by the time that rolls around Smiley Happy

Message 476 of 559
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Kennie02 wrote:

June is here and I am happy to report I only have 3 CC's left to pay! I PIF on my USAA Amex and BT my Cap One bal of $548 over to it. I had to pay $17 BT fee but I don't care! I just am tired of giving them my money! Hoping that I can pay all my cards off by Sept! yay!

Way to go. Stick to your plan and you'll get that ecstatic feeling !

Thanks Goshida! I get excited everytime one of my cards says $0! It will probably be 10x better when they all say that!!

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 477 of 559
RushXTC
Established Contributor

I'm failing so hard right now!!!

I lent my friend $3,000 using my credit card for him to purchase a car, Then I went out and bought a sound system for my car for $1,800.

Why do I do this to myself??? My debt is bringing me so much stress, Even though I throw all my checks into it, It seems like my spending habits are getting to me.

On the bright side, I cut up all my credit cards (With the exception of 1 for my everyday things).

I realized SD'ing them was NOT enough, I'd just get them when I decided I wanted something.... So Screw it.

P.S. That brought my total CREDIT CARD debt to $37,000.

Message 478 of 559
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Count me in... Let me get my info and I'm ready to start this is just what I need some motivation to stay with the program and feel like I am not alone doing it... Thanks so much for coming up with this idea....Will post back after gathering info

Thanks

Message 479 of 559
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Rushxtc,

The only way you are going to tackle your debt is by changing your spending habits. That was my failing point and I am working to correct that because I don't want to hurt like this anymore. Being in debt is hard.

Message 480 of 559
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.