Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 794
Registered: ‎07-01-2013
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

Woot, So one big weight is about to get lifted... I'm getting access to a $8,800 card with 18 months no interest on BT... So I can take $8,000 worth of cards and make it into one, Which relieves the stress of making multiple payments! I will definitely hide the cards until that debt is paid off though, So I don't get tempted. It'll still leave about $16,000 on other cards, But that'll only be like 4-5 cards... So  6 credit card payments instead of 12~13ish!!

ManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.comManiacGamers.com****$20,000**********$5,000***********$4,100***********$3,500**********$2,500***********$1,000****
EQ - 688 (10/9/13) | TU - 705 (02/18/14) | EX - 701 (10/9/13) | CS Fako - 717 (10/4/13) | CK Fako - 697 (11/05/13)
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,164
Registered: ‎11-11-2013
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!


RushXTC wrote:

Woot, So one big weight is about to get lifted... I'm getting access to a $8,800 card with 18 months no interest on BT... So I can take $8,000 worth of cards and make it into one, Which relieves the stress of making multiple payments! I will definitely hide the cards until that debt is paid off though, So I don't get tempted. It'll still leave about $16,000 on other cards, But that'll only be like 4-5 cards... So  6 credit card payments instead of 12~13ish!!


This sounds like a viable plan!.. Grats on the BT availability!!

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Valued Contributor
Posts: 5,381
Registered: ‎04-30-2013
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

Hey peeps. I have put a good bit of expenses on my cards this month so I am going to join this awesome thread. I will be able to pay off my cards once my tax return hits, but I figure I will join you fine folks in the mean time!

 

So, as of now, I have about $5,000 I need to pay off. $3K is on my 0% Discover, $1K on my CSP @ 15% or 17%, and $1K on my Amex SPG @ 19%. As of now, I am going to focus on my SPG and CSP (for obvious reasons) and then pay down my Discover. 




NFCU Flagship $25,000 I AMEX SPG $23,000 I Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,500 I Discover IT $12,000 I
Regular Contributor
Posts: 199
Registered: ‎04-25-2013
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!


kaskuli wrote:

Keep your head up Pup! ... Make LEMONADE.

 

Poof! There goes my Discover balance.

 

        Issuer                     Prev. Bal    Curr. Bal        Limit           Util      APR

Wells Fargo Visa$-$-$1,700.000%17.49
Discover It$1,250.00$-$2,500.000%0.00
GE Amazon$-$-$2,000.000%25.99
Chase Freedom VS$5,600.00$4,100.00$7,000.0059%0.00
Amex BCP$-$-$7,500.000%0.00
Paypal Extras MC$-$-$2,000.000%23.99
      
 $6,850.00$4,100.00$22,700.0018% 

For some stupid reason I used billpay to push a payment to Chase from Wells Fargo. It posted after the statement cut. 3200 instead of 2600 ... anyway, saw a 17 point bump. Thinking of doing the Amex 3X Cli for my BCP that I opened in January., letting that post, then applying for the Barclays Arrival ... is that 3200 balance too high? I opened two accounts in January.

 

 

        Issuer                     Prev. Bal    Curr. Bal        Limit           Util      APR

Wells Fargo Visa$-$-$1,700.000%17.49
Discover It$-$-$2,500.000%0.00
GE Amazon$-$-$2,000.000%25.99
Chase Freedom VS$5,600.00$3,200.00$7,000.0046%0.00
Amex BCP$-$-$7,500.000%0.00
Paypal Extras MC$-$-$2,000.000%23.99
      
 $5,600.00$3,200.00$22,700.0014% 
$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,028
Registered: ‎02-14-2014
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!


kaskuli wrote:

kaskuli wrote:

Keep your head up Pup! ... Make LEMONADE.

 

Poof! There goes my Discover balance.

 

        Issuer                     Prev. Bal    Curr. Bal        Limit           Util      APR

Wells Fargo Visa$-$-$1,700.000%17.49
Discover It$1,250.00$-$2,500.000%0.00
GE Amazon$-$-$2,000.000%25.99
Chase Freedom VS$5,600.00$4,100.00$7,000.0059%0.00
Amex BCP$-$-$7,500.000%0.00
Paypal Extras MC$-$-$2,000.000%23.99
      
 $6,850.00$4,100.00$22,700.0018% 

For some stupid reason I used billpay to push a payment to Chase from Wells Fargo. It posted after the statement cut. 3200 instead of 2600 ... anyway, saw a 17 point bump. Thinking of doing the Amex 3X Cli for my BCP that I opened in January., letting that post, then applying for the Barclays Arrival ... is that 3200 balance too high? I opened two accounts in January.

 

 

        Issuer                     Prev. Bal    Curr. Bal        Limit           Util      APR

Wells Fargo Visa$-$-$1,700.000%17.49
Discover It$-$-$2,500.000%0.00
GE Amazon$-$-$2,000.000%25.99
Chase Freedom VS$5,600.00$3,200.00$7,000.0046%0.00
Amex BCP$-$-$7,500.000%0.00
Paypal Extras MC$-$-$2,000.000%23.99
      
 $5,600.00$3,200.00$22,700.0014% 

You'd be better off with lower util on that, I'd think, but I'm no expert. 
Also, Barclays is supposed to be pretty sensitive with new accounts.  You may want to let the 2 January accounts age more before going for the Arrival.  Maybe let them hit the 6 month mark?

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,028
Registered: ‎02-14-2014
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!


azguy13 wrote:

Hey peeps. I have put a good bit of expenses on my cards this month so I am going to join this awesome thread. I will be able to pay off my cards once my tax return hits, but I figure I will join you fine folks in the mean time!

 

So, as of now, I have about $5,000 I need to pay off. $3K is on my 0% Discover, $1K on my CSP @ 15% or 17%, and $1K on my Amex SPG @ 19%. As of now, I am going to focus on my SPG and CSP (for obvious reasons) and then pay down my Discover. 


Glad to see you here.  You don't have to leave once your debt is paid off though.

Established Contributor
Posts: 504
Registered: ‎10-08-2011
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

Guess I'll throw in an update.

 

I got a CLI on my Discover card yesterday (opted for HP) from $2500 to $5000 to take advantage of a 12 month 0% balance transfer offer, then moved a $1700 balance from my NFL card that was accruing interest at a nut-punchingly awful 22% APR. That frees up a $3100 line I can keep around for utility padding and emergencies. Always a good thing. I think I'll try to get this changed over to a Sallie Mae, though.

 

So that leaves me with three cards with balances that are sitting at 0%: The Freedom until July, the Discover until this time next year, and the Financing Visa until March 2015. The Financing Visa was supposed to be zero'd out last month, but I had some unexpected expenses pop up that nixed that plan... Will be zero'd out sometime this summer.

 

So with my new Discover limit and my new CSP, my current utilization sits at 33%. Still not pretty, but a hell of a lot better than the 80%+ I was sitting at last December.

 

Progress, progress...

      
New Contributor
Posts: 70
Registered: ‎02-26-2014
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

@Stralem

Wow! That's awesome progress......Keep up the good work
MyFico: 02/12/2014***EQ 651....TU 638.... EX 637
............. 08/22/2014***EQ 658....TU 655.... EX 674

Grow Rewards $500**NFCU $7.5k**NavChek $15k**Credit1 $950**Capital1 $2k**Quicksilver $1k**Barclay $1.4k**Fingerhut $1.5k**Amazon $700**Capital1 $400**Walmart 1k**RTG $8k**Kanes $1k**Lowes $300
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!

I want to move all my debt to ONE credit card. It's annoying paying three different times a month because my balances are spread over. Either take an HP to get all my debt on one card or get an installment loan to lower my utilization. Undecided. But I've come to a plan. I will not take from my savings unless it's absolutely necessary.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Established Contributor
Posts: 1,028
Registered: ‎02-14-2014
0

Re: The GREAT CC Payoff Challenge!!


Stralem wrote:

Guess I'll throw in an update.

 

I got a CLI on my Discover card yesterday (opted for HP) from $2500 to $5000 to take advantage of a 12 month 0% balance transfer offer, then moved a $1700 balance from my NFL card that was accruing interest at a nut-punchingly awful 22% APR. That frees up a $3100 line I can keep around for utility padding and emergencies. Always a good thing. I think I'll try to get this changed over to a Sallie Mae, though.

 

So that leaves me with three cards with balances that are sitting at 0%: The Freedom until July, the Discover until this time next year, and the Financing Visa until March 2015. The Financing Visa was supposed to be zero'd out last month, but I had some unexpected expenses pop up that nixed that plan... Will be zero'd out sometime this summer.

 

So with my new Discover limit and my new CSP, my current utilization sits at 33%. Still not pretty, but a hell of a lot better than the 80%+ I was sitting at last December.

 

Progress, progress...


Congratulationas and keep up the hard work! 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.