cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Garden is Booorrrrrrrring.. soooo...**UPDATED**

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The Garden is Booorrrrrrrring.. soooo...

@coldnmn wrote:

Good Luck but chances are they wont as you had a CLI in the last 6 months.

True when using the LUV button, but not true when asking for CLI through the EO.  I was approved for a CLI within 5 months of a prior one.   A recent post from a member showed success 2 months after a prior CLI.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 11 of 27
lanakane
New Contributor

How do I reach the Cap One EO?  I want to do the same.  Tried messaging them on FB and they told me to go to the web site and request an increase.  I also tried calling in and they said the same thing, nothing else.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 652 EX / 675 EQ / 643 TU
Goal Score: 700

Cap One QuicksilverOne $3000 | FirstTech FCU Visa $2500 | Discover IT $1500 | Amazon.com $700 | JCrew $600 | Ann Taylor $500 | VS $350 | Nordstrom Visa (AU) $15,000 | American Express® Gold

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 27
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

@lanakane wrote:

How do I reach the Cap One EO?  I want to do the same.  Tried messaging them on FB and they told me to go to the web site and request an increase.  I also tried calling in and they said the same thing, nothing else.

After you do that, write them again saying it was declined, they'll offer to review it manually.

UPDATE.. so I logged into my CapOne account this morning and I had a $1,000 increase on one of my two Quicksilver accounts. My oldest one. FYI, it's only been 2 1/2 months since their last increase, so I'll take it for now and reach out again in 6 months. We chatted yesterday and when I logged in today I noticed it was updated. I am guessing they wanted to match my largest lines.

So now I have my oldest Quicksilver at $3,000 and the other one at $2,000. 

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 13 of 27
lanakane
New Contributor

This is all great news!  I had no idea I could build so fast with this CC.  The EO is reviewing my request - I told them the online system declined me due to the timing.  They said they'd get back to me in 24 hours so I should have an update today!!  

I gave them a story about needing to use the card to travel for work... that I had a new job and my employer wanted me to book my hotel and flights and pay for meals and such and then reimburse me, but with my $500 limit I couldn't do that, and I needed enough credit to book several nights stay at the Hilton in Midtown NYC plus business class tickets.  I've had the card 11 months and used it a lot and paid in full several times within a month's span.  Also I figured saying I'll use the card for work expenses sounds good because they know I'll be reimbursed so my "income" is even higher relative to my spending.

I suggested $2000 CL but now I'm wishing I had suggested more! Smiley Wink  Some people have had great EO success it seems now that I know what it is and have read up on it.  I'll let you guys know what they come back with!

Cap One QuicksilverOne $3000 | FirstTech FCU Visa $2500 | Discover IT $1500 | Amazon.com $700 | JCrew $600 | Ann Taylor $500 | VS $350 | Nordstrom Visa (AU) $15,000 | American Express® Gold

Message 14 of 27
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

Good luck! The key to remember, is the worst they can do is tell you no. And you can always have them review again. 

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 15 of 27
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

A little inspiration...

I was a heavy Capital One user. I received two CLIs 4/2014 3/29/2014 (2 different cards). I received another 2 CLIs two 1/2 months later 6/2014 via their EO. Don't be discouraged. 

Message 16 of 27
lanakane
New Contributor

ARGH I checked back today and they said it would take the department who works on these things a week to get back to me because they have a high volume right now.  This whole process should teach me some patience finally, huh?  Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 27
vygotsky
Contributor

@lanakane wrote:

ARGH I checked back today and they said it would take the department who works on these things a week to get back to me because they have a high volume right now.  This whole process should teach me some patience finally, huh?  Smiley Happy

Overall how is cap1s customer service?

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 18 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@vygotsky wrote:

@lanakane wrote:

Overall how is cap1s customer service?

To me, it's just like any other companies --- hit or miss. I've had great CS from them and I've have bad service from them. I try not to contact CSRs because I feel it usually leads to negative feelings of companies. Smiley Wink 

Message 19 of 27
vygotsky
Contributor

Who do you contact istead with your concerns?

FICO 733 (Discover)
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.