cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Garden is Booorrrrrrrring.. soooo...**UPDATED**

tag
lanakane
New Contributor

Re: The Garden is Booorrrrrrrring.. soooo...

@lanakane wrote:

ARGH I checked back today and they said it would take the department who works on these things a week to get back to me because they have a high volume right now.  This whole process should teach me some patience finally, huh?  Smiley Happy

They got back to me and GUESS WHAT!  My little $300 unsecured Platinum card from last July which only got a bump to $500 at seven months is now a QS1 with a $3000 limit!!!  I just contacted them on Facebook and the Executive Office responded to my message asking for my number then called me and handled the whole thing. It took about a week!  WOW, WOW, wow!!!

Thanks so much OP for the inspiration.  This is huge for me.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 652 EX / 675 EQ / 643 TU
Goal Score: 700

Cap One QuicksilverOne $3000 | FirstTech FCU Visa $2500 | Discover IT $1500 | Amazon.com $700 | JCrew $600 | Ann Taylor $500 | VS $350 | Nordstrom Visa (AU) $15,000 | American Express® Gold

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 27
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@lanakane wrote:

@lanakane wrote:

ARGH I checked back today and they said it would take the department who works on these things a week to get back to me because they have a high volume right now.  This whole process should teach me some patience finally, huh?  Smiley Happy

They got back to me and GUESS WHAT!  My little $300 unsecured Platinum card from last July which only got a bump to $500 at seven months is now a QS1 with a $3000 limit!!!  I just contacted them on Facebook and the Executive Office responded to my message asking for my number then called me and handled the whole thing. It took about a week!  WOW, WOW, wow!!!

Very nice!   Congrats!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 22 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@vygotsky wrote:

Who do you contact istead with your concerns?

Really? Smiley Wink Of course, I contact the CSR in some form. Meaning, I choose not to call predominantly. If it can be handled via chat, that is my preferred method of communication with companies. However, sometimes nothing can be a productive conversation. 

There's no secret place that I contact. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@lanakane wrote:

@lanakane wrote:

Congrats! Smiley Happy Capital One is a great company despite all of the negative talk that can be said of it by some people on here.

Message 24 of 27
cflowers0115
Regular Contributor

@lanakane wrote:

@lanakane wrote:

This is phenomenal, congratulations! Glad I could inspire you to reach out!

Starting Scores: 8/13/18: EQ: 556 TU: 521 EX: 544
Message 25 of 27
lanakane
New Contributor

Re: The Garden is Booorrrrrrrring.. soooo...**UPDATED**

Thank you thank you thank you!! This was just the boost I needed. My score is going to spike then I'm going to get a Visa from my credit union and an Amex then garden til it's time to buy a house next year! So beyond excited.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 652 EX / 675 EQ / 643 TU
Goal Score: 700

Cap One QuicksilverOne $3000 | FirstTech FCU Visa $2500 | Discover IT $1500 | Amazon.com $700 | JCrew $600 | Ann Taylor $500 | VS $350 | Nordstrom Visa (AU) $15,000 | American Express® Gold

Message 26 of 27
MadTechnologist
Frequent Contributor

Re: The Garden is Booorrrrrrrring.. soooo...**UPDATED**

@lanakane wrote:
Thank you thank you thank you!! This was just the boost I needed. My score is going to spike then I'm going to get a Visa from my credit union and an Amex then garden til it's time to buy a house next year! So beyond excited.

Congrats! Your story is indeed a great one and an inspiration to so many who's credit is less than stellar. Good luck with everything! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 611 (02/28/2014 EQ MyFico) 608 (Barclays TU 03/28/14)
Current Score: 665 (05/13/16 EQ) 655 (05/13/16 TU) 672 (05/13/16 EX) Gardening since 04/30/2016
Goal Score: 740+ All Around

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.