Re: The Garden is an evil place....

@myjourney wrote:

O

O

O

I have to ask...

Why is the garden an evil place?

Isn't that between you and BofA?

Shouldn't this read: BofA is evil or BofA is the devil?

Why on earth does the garden have to be evil because BofA is offering evil temptations to you?

That's between you 2 so don't blame the GC....

LMAO

Well, Well.....

So MJ, it only took what...4 months this time for you to get over being mad at me this last time, and grace my thread with your ever so cleaver comments, LOL..

Yes, Evil surrounds us everywhere, including the gardenSmiley Wink (smarty pants)... Smiley Wink

p.s....you still love me. You cant stay mad at me..LOL Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 46
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@pipeguy wrote:

Tell you what Pizza, you contentlly sitting in the garden is like the sun rising in the west - that said I'm sure you will mash that luv button, it's just a question of when. If it was me, given we both have much more available credit than we'll ever use, I'd do it at 1 year - shows you don't "need" the credit and tey'll probably reward you with a higher CLI. But then again its BoA and they are not on my Christmas Card list, so what do I know ? Smiley Frustrated

LOL..thanks for your support there PG...

Oh, Ill be hitting that button for sure, dont know when....could be tonight , could be next year, LOL Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 46
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

O

O

O

I have to ask...

Why on earth does the garden have to be evil because BofA is offering evil temptations to you?

LMAO

Well, Well.....

So MJ, it only took what...4 months this time for you to get over being mad at me this last time, and grace my thread with your ever so cleaver comments, LOL..

Yes, Evil surrounds us everywhere, including the gardenSmiley Wink (smarty pants)... Smiley Wink

Ummm who said you've been paroled ....LolSmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 33 of 46
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

O

O

O

I have to ask...

LMAO

Well, Well.....

Ummm who said you've been paroled ....LolSmiley TongueSmiley Very Happy

LMAO!!!  Smiley Wink

Message 34 of 46
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Pizza.. Id build a Pavalonian CLI button for you.. When you push it, it gives you a little zap and warms up.. the next time you use it it will be more current and hotter... depending on the amount of HP you have on your reports....  .. If it would keep you in the garden......

Message 35 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
Thanks everyone for your support and insight!!

Taking a HP for a CLI with BOFA, means leaving the garden, and having to start back over again. Im not wanting or willing to do that at this point.

My reports needed a good rest from all the craziness the past 2 yrs, and needs a good year of aging.

I don't "need" a CLI from anyone, I have a ton available credit still, even after closing like 10 cards this year and over $50k, LOL...

My BOFA card with be 1yr old in January, and I might consider it at that point, but even then, I, trying to hold off from even acquiring new INQ until at least July 2017.

Since BOFA pulls TU for HP for CLI, i want my score to be a little better than it is, and hopefully a respectable CLI after some time in the garden. UGH!! LOL Smiley Wink

Good decision pizza. Like others have said you will be glad you waited.

Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, I am new. what is gardening?? I am guessing when you sit on your CC's and let your score rise?? Tips on gardening??

Also, Off topic (maybe not): My credit score dropped 6 points because I actually used one my CC's and reached 31% UTL (I think that's the word I am looking for, lol) Once i lower it next month will I recover??  I have to ALWAYS have it under 30%???  HELP!!!! Can you can see i am a newbie. I just want the basics I'm not sure where I went wrong. Well minus the over 30% part.

I have 3 credit cards: Navy Federal Rewards Card $500

Finger Hut: $200.00

Credit One: $300.00

CREDIT ONE: (I KNOW, I already paid the annual fee before coming to this forum. My plan was to close it at the 1 year point. I am scared closing it now will lower my credit or should i just bite the bullet and close it NOW??)  *covers eyes*

Thank you for any advice you have!!!

Welcome to the board! Close Credit One now and no need to feel embarassed.

Have you tried to apply to Capital One? That would seem to be a good card given your above lineup and limits.

Ideally you want 1 card reporting at under 10%. Realistically, that can be difficult when your cards have low limits. There is good information in the FICO scoring section related to your question.

pizza, agree with the other advice provided here and I would suggest to wait. Smiley Happy

Thank you so much for your response. I will pay my balance Friday and CLOSE Credit One!!! Thank you!!!

Not so fast. Recy, as a new member, please take your time in making choices about opening and closing cards. Yes, all else being equal, one would not choose to have Credit One, but there are several aspects to your file where it makes sense.

You only have 3 low limit cards.

You already paid the AF, so until the next AF gets close, you are benefitting from having the card. It helps your overall utilization, while building your file.

You will indeed want to figure out how to minimize any monthly or transaction or payment fees from Credit One, but take the time to think through the real options. Credit One is not inherently evil, it is just a way to build credit from a shaky foundation, which you have to pay fees to get.

As to the 30% utilization question, on your cards, utilization is going to be very difficult to keep low, so I'd suggest not worrying about it except when you are looking ahead to possible apps. Use the Navy Fed card as your main card, always pay the statement balance by the statement due date, and keep thinking and reading about what cards will make sense later on. After a few months, you will have learned more, and your decisions will be more educated, personalized to your circumstances. 

Good luck!

Thank you very much as it makes great sense!  OK so dont get all worked up if one month I go a little over? Is that what you are saying??   OK, so i will make Credit One the card that i dont use until I comew up to my one year mark. thank you for all the tips and I do use my Navy Federal card all the time and pat the balance EVERY month. I love the rewards.  Again, thank you so much.

Message 37 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA is weird. I banked with them for over 26 years, and never received even a single pre qualified CC offer. Got lots of the generic "pre selected" mailers, but no pre quals. I finally got fed up with their continually deteriorating customer service and closed my accounts in May. Since then I've been getting a couple pre quals a month, the most recent being yesterday for the Cash Rewards.

Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the cash rewards card. It's ok.
Message 39 of 46
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you very much as it makes great sense!  OK so dont get all worked up if one month I go a little over? Is that what you are saying??   OK, so i will make Credit One the card that i dont use until I comew up to my one year mark. thank you for all the tips and I do use my Navy Federal card all the time and pat the balance EVERY month. I love the rewards.  Again, thank you so much.

Over 30% on the statement? Yes, not so much of a worry right now on a $500 card. However, as you probably know, you never want to go over the credit limit on these cards. That will trigger fees in many cases.

Good that you are using your NFCU card. With most banks you can make electronic payments any time you want, multiple times per month. So for example you can use the NFCU card up to $450 during the month, then pay it a few days later or pay it down to $100 as the statement date approaches, to manage reported utilization. The fact that you did run it up to $450 during the month, if it is paid down by the statement being printed, the statement balance is what gets reported, not the $450 (unless the statement balance is $450). There are many here who are managing $500 limit cards with multiple charge/pay cycles during the month to get a couple thousand dollars of spend through the card.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.