Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Credit Card

tag
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Credit Card

So, today was a funny day in the world of credit. I opened my mailbox and found 5 letters.

(Letter 1) The Good: My Business Platinum Amex arrived. I was so excited that I finally had the card I've always wanted. The card had so many goodies, it took me 45 minutes to activate it. They only problem is that it wasn't backdated to 1991. The Amex rep is already sending out a replacement. 

(Letter 2) The Bad: In the same batch of mail was a pre-approval application from a sub-sub-sub prime called Premiere Mastercard. They offered me a $700 CL. 

(Letter 3) The Ugly: My upgraded CapitalOne card was in the mail as well. Now, they upgraded me from a rebuilder that started with a $500 CL in 2007, to the VentureOne card. The limit has been $4,500 for several years now. I was excited to receive the Cap cards, but that only lasted 45 seconds. When I opened the envelope, I was very surprised to see this shiny, mustard yellow, reflective card. It's by far the ugliest card I have and it's hitting the sock drawer for sure. I would cancel the card but I think I want to hold on to it for sentimental reasons. I'd rather carry the rebuilder card.

(Letter 4) I bank with Bank of America and was shopping for a business loan. They sent over my Transunion FICO score and I was floored when I read that my TU FICO score is 822! WHOA!!! 822 out of 850! I'm still shocked. I never imagined having a score that high. 

(Letter 5) a letter requesting a donation.

What a day.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Credit Card

Well, it all sounds pretty good to me. I want your score!!! Smiley Tongue Be sure to update your sig with your amazing new score! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 26
fico777
Established Member

Letter number 4 is the best! Fantastic score!

Message 3 of 26
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

What makes this all wonderful is that my score was around 550 last year this time and all i had was two Capital One rebuilders and a Macys card. I leard so much from his forum.

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 4 of 26
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

What makes this all wonderful is that my score was around 550 last year this time and all i had was two Capital One rebuilders and a Macys card. I leard so much from his forum.

Wow! That's incredible. Would you mind sharing what you did? I started w/2 Cap One rebuilders in March and have done everything I can think of an my EQ FICO just doesn't want to budge. Smiley Frustrated

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 26
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I think you can get a personalized image on your new CC, so you could get one that looks nice. Haven't seen their mustard-yellow, but doesn't sound very attractive. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 26
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I think you can get a personalized image on your new CC, so you could get one that looks nice. Haven't seen their mustard-yellow, but doesn't sound very attractive. Smiley Happy

Yes you can...and with the gaudiness of this card, I suggest you do!  

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 7 of 26
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Yes you can...and with the gaudiness of this card, I suggest you do!  

I've never owned a gaudy card like this. The worst! I really didnt plan on using it. 

Message 8 of 26
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

800 club.Smiley LOL

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheBronxBomber wrote:

Get the heck out of here!! That is awesome!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.