Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

@someg33k wrote:

That sucks they dropped the limits,  but thankfully Chase left the accounts open. So congrats for that!

I love how you stated your OP very carefully. Cause you knew there would be jerks ready to pounce if you even hinted of being upset with the bank Smiley Happy

Anyway could have been much worse and thanks for sharing the experience.

Thank you.   I'm sure someone will come and pounce.  It's just a matter of time Smiley LOL

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 31 of 79
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for sharing NJOY and being candid with us and laying it all out, appreciated.  Was nice that they kept all the accounts open so  you could choose what to do with them, could of definitely been worse, but it appears chase still likes you.... They just had to do what they thought was right and as you stated, can't really blame them.   Least overall you are still on their good side and will be able to get cards in the future once some of your accounts age and inquiries age or fall off vs. being blacklisted as many are when stuff like this happens to them.  I am sure you probably will be back to 650k or more before then end of year.. BTW Chase typically SP's Experian.. If you look at that report on the SP's by whatever method you choose I bet you are going to see alot of SP's from chase recently.  Also agree the CLI is what triggered the AA and for them to look deeper into your profile.

Message 32 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

So sorry this happened. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure it will help others. After all, you could have kept it all to yourself. Kudos to you for letting us know.

Message 33 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thanks for sharing NJOY and being candid with us and laying it all out, appreciated.  Was nice that they kept all the accounts open so  you could choose what to do with them, could of definitely been worse, but it appears chase still likes you.... They just had to do what they thought was right and as you stated, can't really blame them.   Least overall you are still on their good side and will be able to get cards in the future once some of your accounts age and inquiries age or fall off vs. being blacklisted as many are when stuff like this happens to them.  I am sure you probably will be back to 650k or more before then end of year.. BTW Chase typically SP's Experian.. If you look at that report on the SP's by whatever method you choose I bet you are going to see alot of SP's from chase recently.  Also agree the CLI is what triggered the AA and for them to look deeper into your profile.

Thanks cc.  I had checked TU because I just had an influx of inquiries show up. I'm taking mega inquiries.  Chase does SP TU too. I saw some there but none recently.  I was just stating  TU because if no recent SP on TU it wasn't the influx and had to be the CLI which was confirmed by my denial letter today. 

___________ 12Njoy
Message 34 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So sorry this happened. Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure it will help others. After all, you could have kept it all to yourself. Kudos to you for letting us know.

Thanks.   I hope this helps someone

___________ 12Njoy
Message 35 of 79
ddemari
Super Contributor

12 I refreshed my TU from TransUnion.com and almost feel off my seat. I'm talking mega * mega inquiries showing up.
Message 36 of 79
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

Thanks again CM7.  Just got home to find my denial reason for the CLI request in the mail.   Two reasons:

1. Too many credit or loan accounts have been opened recently 

2. Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit

There you have it.  The exact same reasons given for the CLD so it's safe to say the CLI sparked the CLD in my case.   As another poster posted, Chase may be changing their policies in regards to account reviews.   

You pretty much already pinpointed it before the reason code letter so thanks again for sharing.

Chase cardholders might want to curb their appetite to hit them up for awhile if things are indeed tightening up with them on that.

Message 37 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
12 I refreshed my TU from TransUnion.com and almost feel off my seat. I'm talking mega * mega inquiries showing up.

Sorry to bring that news to you ddemari.  Was a total shock to me as well.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 38 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Thanks again CM7.  Just got home to find my denial reason for the CLI request in the mail.   Two reasons:

1. Too many credit or loan accounts have been opened recently 

2. Too many recent requests for credit or reviews of your credit

There you have it.  The exact same reasons given for the CLD so it's safe to say the CLI sparked the CLD in my case.   As another poster posted, Chase may be changing their policies in regards to account reviews.   

You pretty much already pinpointed it before the reason code letter so thanks again for sharing.

Chase cardholders might want to curb their appetite to hit them up for awhile if things are indeed tightening up with them on that.

They're (Chase) looking.  He mentioned that I had 7 or 8 new chase accounts within the last 8 months.  I said yes and he said why.  I just told him bluntly that it was for the rewards since it was nothing that I could do at this point.  He said thanks for the business but you've opened up 35 new accounts in the last year.  So to those who care, be mindful because Chase is watching

___________ 12Njoy
Message 39 of 79
12njoy
Super Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

FYI only.  Before the pundits start, I'm not complaining and completely understand the reasoning.  Last week I got increases on all 3 FNBO cards and got approved for Blispay.  I also got a massive CLI this week from BofA and then noticed that a major change had occurred with my TU report last week.  Fortunately, BofA had used my TU pull from 3/23/16.  That's the good and the bad, now the ugly.  I requested a CLI on my CSP (was at 10k) to 20k on April 11, 2016.  Denied due for to many inq and new accounts.  Woke up this morning and something told me to log into my Chase banking.  I lost approximately 40k+ from all Chase cards.  AGAIN, I'm not complaining and I completely understand the reasoning.  Sharing information as I normally do as when the news is good.  All in all, I'm back where I started from.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 40 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.