cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection (Chase)

tag
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Re: The Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection (Chase)

Here are some of the guest privileges that you get. PLS CHASE image.jpg

Message 11 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Heads up. Chase luxury collection is essentially the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection. Smiley Tongue
Message 12 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Heads up. Chase luxury collection is essentially the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection. Smiley Tongue

That's what the customer service rep told me about just now that it was for the visa signature collection. In his experience it was not worth it.  Also that hundred dollar credit wouldn't cover breakfast on a Sunday morning at the ritz in Atlanta.  

Message 13 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

The overwhelming majority of the time, these FHR-type services are never the best deals and going through them will likely result in overpaying.  There are exceptions, but they're extremely rare.  The only time these purchases may be worth it are when they can be had for (1) discounted points purchase (30% for Bus MR First), and (2) some sort of credit for the purchase.

Message 14 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

The overwhelming majority of the time, these FHR-type services are never the best deals and going through them will likely result in overpaying.  There are exceptions, but they're extremely rare.  The only time these purchases may be worth it are when they can be had for (1) discounted points purchase (30% for Bus MR First), and (2) some sort of credit for the purchase.

My favorite to look at is the world elite mastercard hotel collection, as it will list a booking price for the hotel both WITH benefits, and WITHOUT them. You'll actually see the price difference right there next to each other. It's ridiculous. haha. 

Message 15 of 20
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

I looked at this service last summer for the Turtle Bay Resort in Oahu and the price was significantly lower by just booking through the hotel. They had a special. This was true for other hotels I looked at as well. Whatever perks you get with the Hotels and Resorts thing do not make up for the very much increased price you're paying.
Message 16 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@koalablue wrote:
I looked at this service last summer for the Turtle Bay Resort in Oahu and the price was significantly lower by just booking through the hotel. They had a special. This was true for other hotels I looked at as well. Whatever perks you get with the Hotels and Resorts thing do not make up for the very much increased price you're paying.

It's definitely a big difference in price compared to going through the hotel or other websites.  I found the Ritz Carlton to be a lot cheaper and I stay there a lot. 

Message 17 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

As a general rule I've found that rates obtained through Chase's LHR are higher than what can be obtained through similar sources (Amex FHR, WEMC Hotels, Virtuoso, etc.)

I don't even bother with this LHR, and as JSU mentioned WEMC provides a much better alternative if one doesn't have access to Amex FHR via a plat/cent card.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 18 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

As a general rule I've found that rates obtained through Chase's LHR are higher than what can be obtained through similar sources (Amex FHR, WEMC Hotels, Virtuoso, etc.)

I don't even bother with this LHR, and as JSU mentioned WEMC provides a much better alternative if one doesn't have access to Amex FHR via a plat/cent card.

I'm definitely not going to go through that site at all especially with all the information that I'm getting back from you guys it's just not worth it. 

$100 complementary credit  towards breakfast please. LOL 

Message 19 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

I'm definitely not going to go through that site at all especially with all the information that I'm getting back from you guys it's just not worth it. 

$100 complementary credit  towards breakfast please. LOL 

$100 credit towards breakfast can be worth it, especially on stays of 2+ nights. It would be difficult at some properties to spend the entire $100 credit in a single morning unless you are travelling with family.

However this is a moot point if the rates they're charging are significantly above the BAR, which LHR almost always is.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.