cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Most Senseless Thread: What day of the Week to Apply On?

tag
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

The Most Senseless Thread: What day of the Week to Apply On?

As the subject says, many of you will find this thread to be a complete waste of time, I created it for the few of us who are mail-anxious. Most credit cards, when you're approved for them, say that they'll be arriving in 7-10 business days. I have been anxiously awaiting my 2 new cards in the mail (Chase/Barclay). I am wondering, is there ever a best day to apply for our credit cards on to receive it on the minimum amount of lapsed days required?

Should we apply on a Monday or Saturday? Is there actually a best date to get your card the quickest?

If you have any opinions on this, possibly silly topic, feel free to chime in.

Thanks!

P.S. My Chase Freedom just arrived 5 minutes ago, no Barclay in sight even though they were registered/approved for on the same day.

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The Most Senseless Thread: What day of the Week to Apply On?

Thursday. After hours.
Message 2 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thursday. After hours.

Yeah, I think this will ensure it's processed on Friday (make sure it isn't a bank holiday), and assured to your card by the next Friday, at the latest.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuesday. Before hours.

Message 4 of 9
NRB525
Super Contributor

Do not apply just before the Christmas / New Years holidays. Not only are the banks working fewer days, but the mail is running slower also.

Oh, sorry, that's seasonal... off topic Smiley Tongue

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 9
Callandra
Valued Contributor

I think it just depends on how many apps/how backed up the bank is...my experience with Barclays:

Early December 2013, applied for Rewards MC; instant approved and card took nearly two weeks (probably around 10 business days).

One year later, almost to the date, I applied for Sallie Mae on a Monday night. Card came Saturday. 

So I guess it just depends!! 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 6 of 9
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

Lots of varying opinions here but am thankful for them all lol. 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any day for Chase, and then just call to get it expedited! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
core
Valued Contributor

I too was recently wondering about the best day of the week to apply, but not for the same reasons.  Say your app is kicked out for a manual review.  If you app on a Friday night it may be reviewed on Saturday, and I have to think that employees working on Saturday are going to be less experienced than others.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing?  That I don't know.  Also these youngsters may be dealing with a hangover from Friday night, in a bad mood, and might be quick on the decline button..

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.