Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The NEW Orchard Bank Card by Capital One

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

The NEW Orchard Bank Card by Capital One

Anyone up for irresponsible, wild speculation?  I am!

Our mailbox group was recently broken into, and may have contained my Orchard statement, so I called them to request a new card number.  I wasn't sure if I would get a Capital One card, or just a new OB card.

My new Orchard Bank Gold card arrived in the mail today, with paperwork stating "If your card looks different, don't worry.  It's the same account, just a new look", and Capital One branding all over the letter.  I've searched about, but can't find any pictures of cards that look like mine.  It is all sparkly gold, with some lighter gold swirls on it.  It's very "Las Vegas glitz slash adult entertainment"-y.  Sure to impress someone, I guess.

I wonder if this means that Capital One plans to resume offering that card?  It sure is shiny, and is definitely a new design.  I doubt they would do that for the interim transition...  Or maybe they did.

What do you think?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: The NEW Orchard Bank Card by Capital One

I am noit sure but I am surprised people still get paper statements when you can just be paperless and cut down on the risk

Message 2 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It's not the new card design.. I have the same one and have had for years.. OB changed the design a couple years back....

I have the same OB Gold account :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

I am noit sure but I am surprised people still get paper statements when you can just be paperless and cut down on the risk

I know, right?  That's why I signed up for paperless as soon as I got the card in 2008.  And again when they abruptly stopped in 2010.  And again when they switched to Capital One and randomly started sending statements.  And another one came.

I called customer service to find out why I was still getting statements and they told me it took 3 or more months for the paperless to go into effect.

They are literally the ONLY people still mailing me statements.  Otherwise I might be getting new cards for EVERY account.  Thank friggin goodness.

Message 4 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

It's not the new card design.. I have the same one and have had for years.. OB changed the design a couple years back....

I have the same OB Gold account :-)

Does yours look like this?

Because that is all over the place but mine is like 20 times foofier.

Message 5 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I know, right?  That's why I signed up for paperless as soon as I got the card in 2008.  And again when they abruptly stopped in 2010.  And again when they switched to Capital One and randomly started sending statements.  And another one came.

I called customer service to find out why I was still getting statements and they told me it took 3 or more months for the paperless to go into effect.

They are literally the ONLY people still mailing me statements.  Otherwise I might be getting new cards for EVERY account.  Thank friggin goodness.

OB rep:   You don't need to worry because your paperless should be kicking in right about now.  There probably wasn't a statement this month.

Me:          Can you tell if a statement was sent or not?

OB Rep:   No.

Me:          How about I get a new card number just in case.

Message 6 of 20
nyancat
Established Contributor

Call me ignorant, but what harm could come from stealing a statement that a new number would fix? I mean I've never got a paper statement in my life, but I assumed they didn't have account numbers on them?

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 7 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I requested a new card last month and got the same plain grey and black style that i love so much!!!

what reward structure does everyone have on their OB cards?  mine is straight 2% back!  i sure hope it stays that way 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 8 of 20
MyCreditSucksTheMost
Contributor

Not to mention the fact that I was told as of January/13 orchard bank is no longer offering credit limit increases until the transfer is complete.

Staring Scores:Transunion-636 Equifax-618 Experian- 640 (8/12):
Current Scores:Transunion-717 Equifax-(?) Experian 726(as of 11/18/13):

Goal 760 Across the Board:

Message 9 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@nyancat wrote:

Call me ignorant, but what harm could come from stealing a statement that a new number would fix? I mean I've never got a paper statement in my life, but I assumed they didn't have account numbers on them?

IIRC (need to get something to eat otherwise I'd check right now) both my BOFA and Chase checking statements when I view them online have the full account number listed in them.  Not certain I've ever looked at a statement for my credit cards and admittedly they may be different.  Pretty certain on the Chase one as I remember having to look at one from my iphone (getting past their mobile interface was seriously difficult) to get my account number once which I couldn't for the life of me remember to deposit a check. Cat Embarassed

        
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.