Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The NEW Orchard Bank Card by Capital One

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: The NEW Orchard Bank Card by Capital One

@nyancat wrote:

Call me ignorant, but what harm could come from stealing a statement that a new number would fix? I mean I've never got a paper statement in my life, but I assumed they didn't have account numbers on them?

Paper statements DO have your full account number on them.  That's why it's so important to go paperless.

Message 11 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

mine looks 95% like that.. I suspect the difference is due to the fact that that pic is not the actual card hahaha.. mine is like ...sparkly... all of the writing is in white....

and mine has no rewards... but it has a 13.99% apr, which isn't too bad. :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

mine looks 95% like that.. I suspect the difference is due to the fact that that pic is not the actual card hahaha.. mine is like ...sparkly... all of the writing is in white....

and mine has no rewards... but it has a 13.99% apr, which isn't too bad. :-)

My new one looks nothing like that.  The swirl pattern is completely different, thinner, and all tangled up...  and it's a much lighter gold that looks like stripper glitter.  I think it's a new design.

Please feel free to resume specultation.  :-D

Message 13 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

It's not the new card design.. I have the same one and have had for years.. OB changed the design a couple years back....

I have the same OB Gold account :-)

It's low res, but the new look is in my siggy line now. 

Message 14 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

even if they have th account number it's not like they can use the card without the exp date...

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 15 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

even if they have th account number it's not like they can use the card without the exp date...

Exp date is only the month and year...  a few tries with online merchants and it's cracked.  The hard part is the security code on the back, but not all merchants require that.  But I digress.  It's just not good practice to have an active card number that you know has potentially been compromised.  Why risk it?

Also noticed on my statement the phrase "Valued cardmember since ____"  Nice.  That should narrow down the exp date a bit.  

Do you feel confident enough to give me your name, address, credit card number, and member since date?

Message 16 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@p- wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

Exp date is only the month and year...  a few tries with online merchants and it's cracked.  The hard part is the security code on the back, but not all merchants require that.  But I digress.  It's just not good practice to have an active card number that you know has potentially been compromised.  Why risk it?

Also noticed on my statement the phrase "Valued cardmember since ____"  Nice.  That should narrow down the exp date a bit.  

Do you feel confident enough to give me your name, address, credit card number, and member since date?

It wouldn't really bother me first off you would be committing credit card fraud with is a felony, secondly I'm not reliable for fradulent charges.

also how would the OP know what was in the mail that was stolen?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 17 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

also how would the OP know what was in the mail that was stolen?

Statement date...  They arrive about the same time every month.

Message 18 of 20
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

true, but you would never know for sure if it was actually stolen or just lost in the mail...  either way it's little wierd that OB puts the full acct# on the statement, you would think the last 4 would be sufficient 

Message 19 of 20
p-
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

true, but you would never know for sure if it was actually stolen or just lost in the mail...  either way it's little wierd that OB puts the full acct# on the statement, you would think the last 4 would be sufficient 

I know, right?  I looked at my printable statements before I called, and it looks like all of my credit card statements are that way.  Not very secure...

I know that I wouldn't be liable for the charges, but I thought for a moment what it would be like to try to dispute and sort out a bunch of fake charges with some overseas account reps at a company not know for it's customer service skills...  And decided I'd rather not experience that.

My mailbox is three miles away, and someone ripped the main door off for about ten people's boxes, stealing all of the mail inside.  It occured during a period when I would have received a statement, and none came after that, so I'm pretty sure they got it.  As it happens I had not checked the box for several days.

While you and I would never risk our freedom and livelihood for some short term fraud, not everyone has the same concerns.  A few years ago someone got my wife's card number and used it to pay a power bill.  The power company wouldn't give her the account holder's name, and even though she filed a police report it was never investigated.  Sure, she got credited back but the criminal got off scott free.

I thought it was good insurance to request a new card number.  It didn't cost me anything but a five minute call.

The important thing is we must remember to wildly speculate on whether the new OB card design means a change in direction by Capital One.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.