Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,569
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

Can we add Amex FR stories and the AA resulting from them? A lot of people are scared of that too....haha



My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Established Contributor
Posts: 802
Registered: ‎01-20-2014
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time


mxp114 wrote:

Vegas, do you work for Barclays Bank Delaware? Cat Tongue Anyway this thread seems really unusual. This forum has reports of every issuer taking AA but does seem to have more Barclays related stories. Besides even if no one posts it doesn't mean anything, perhaps those that meet your criteria don't want to share their experience or haven't seen the thread.


Of course there are people out there that don't want to share their AA...I know that. This isn't a Rasmussen or Gallup poll. But, it's just my opinion that Barclay is given the scarlet letter for no reason,  just like it's anyones opinion that they are ones to look out for and to becareful with...I knew someone was going to say "oh, do you work for Barclay? WOW, we have a winner here folks!!!! LMAO!!! This post was to SHARE, (if people wanted to) real experiences of people who got AA'd by Barclay....and people have voiced their opinion...that's all...you need to relax.....lmao!!! We have a winner here!!!

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,549
Registered: ‎09-01-2011
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

[ Edited ]

Vegas247 wrote:

Of course there are people out there that don't want to share their AA...I know that. This isn't a Rasmussen or Gallup poll. But, it's just my opinion that Barclay is given the scarlet letter for no reason,  just like it's anyones opinion that they are ones to look out for and to becareful with...I knew someone was going to say "oh, do you work for Barclay? WOW, we have a winner here folks!!!! LMAO!!! This post was to SHARE, (if people wanted to) real experiences of people who got AA'd by Barclay....and people have voiced their opinion...that's all...you need to relax.....lmao!!! We have a winner here!!!


 People already share their stories in the existing 46 page thread: Barclay CC let's put our heads together and my question was more of a joke, I don't believe you work for Barclays Bank. Finally, I only made one reply whereas you have been posting on other threads directing people here - so it is you that needs to relax. And what do you intend to achieve here? Just wondering.

Established Contributor
Posts: 802
Registered: ‎01-20-2014
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

[ Edited ]

mxp114 wrote:

Vegas247 wrote:

Of course there are people out there that don't want to share their AA...I know that. This isn't a Rasmussen or Gallup poll. But, it's just my opinion that Barclay is given the scarlet letter for no reason,  just like it's anyones opinion that they are ones to look out for and to becareful with...I knew someone was going to say "oh, do you work for Barclay? WOW, we have a winner here folks!!!! LMAO!!! This post was to SHARE, (if people wanted to) real experiences of people who got AA'd by Barclay....and people have voiced their opinion...that's all...you need to relax.....lmao!!! We have a winner here!!!


 People already share their stories in the existing 46 page thread: Barclay CC let's put our heads together and my question was more of a joke, I don't believe you work for Barclays Bank. Finally, I only made one reply whereas you have been posting on other threads directing people here - so it is you that needs to relax. And what do you intend to achieve here? Just wondering.


I have read that thread Let's Put Our Heads Together. The reason I created this thread, was to invited anyone that wanted to share their AA from Barclay....And, just as I thought, more people shared that their Barclay Card, even after crazy app sprees of 5 to 20 new accounts, still have their Barclay card intact and that everything is fine.

 

Ultimately, the reason I posted this thread, was to not let the people who say becareful of Barclay bother me (it bugs me and I start to worry) when someone gets a New Barclay Approval you will always see that one person post  "Don't open any new accounts for 6 months,Barclay is watching....". I believe so far, what I've read on this thread is enough to make me feel at ease with my Barclay Card. I thank all for their input and thank those who have shared their stories. Especially, to those who have shared their crazy app spees and their Barclay Card is still going strong. I really do feel better. 

 

As far as the Do You Work for Barclay? Like I said, I knew someone was going to say it......and If you say it was a joke I'll let it be just that....but it was really said to be condescending...You basically said...... Are you getting paid from Barclay to show Barclay is not as tight as some people think, because if your not getting paid, why are you wasting your time defending them. 

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 30,826
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

I love a lively debate so I'll just keep reading and following along quietly 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Highlighted
Contributor
Posts: 103
Registered: ‎05-17-2009
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

+ 1

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,549
Registered: ‎09-01-2011
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time


Vegas247 wrote:

 

I have read that thread Let's Put Our Heads Together. The reason I created this thread, was to invited anyone that wanted to share their AA from Barclay....And, just as I thought, more people shared that their Barclay Card, even after crazy app sprees of 5 to 20 new accounts, still have their Barclay card intact and that everything is fine.

 

Ultimately, the reason I posted this thread, was to not let the people who say becareful of Barclay bother me (it bugs me and I start to worry) when someone gets a New Barclay Approval you will always see that one person post  "Don't open any new accounts for 6 months,Barclay is watching....". I believe so far, what I've read on this thread is enough to make me feel at ease with my Barclay Card. I thank all for their input and thank those who have shared their stories. Especially, to those who have shared their crazy app spees and their Barclay Card is still going strong. I really do feel better. 

 

As far as the Do You Work for Barclay? Like I said, I knew someone was going to say it......and If you say it was a joke I'll let it be just that....but it was really said to be condescending...You basically said...... Are you getting paid from Barclay to show Barclay is not as tight as some people think, because if your not getting paid, why are you wasting your time defending them. 


I agree that people are probably too cautious and paranoid with Barclays Bank and have posted about it. However at the same time you seem unusually eager to disprove claims which is why I jokingly asked if you worked for them. I think you're reading way too into that comment and reaching the wrong conclusion about it.

Valued Member
Posts: 36
Registered: ‎03-22-2013
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

"Please do not feed the trolls."

 

I hope that people will come here and continue to share their experiences (both good and bad) about financial institutions. If I do a quick search of the forums, I can see that there are very few CLDs, account closures, or other adverse actions reported by any bank, compared to the number of cardholders or people reporting CLIs here. I hope that this means that CLDs are extremely rare. That would make me even more curious about the cause of adverse actions and want to learn from them. Those members are valuable sources of information.

 

Whether people are not reporting adverse actions because they are rare or because they are embarressed after being punished by a financial institution, and don't want to have their situation criticied here, I don't know. I know I would rather hear, "Congrats on the CLI!" than "It makes sense that they closed your account, your utilization was too high!" or other additional criticism.

 

Until someone like the CPFB releases stats about CLDs, the easiest objective thing I can think of to measure the frequency of barclays adverse actions is to search for myFico forum topics with  "cld barclays" in the the title, and compare the number of results to "cld chase"  "cld bank of america" "cld boa" etc. I guess I could scale the number of results by the relative size of the credit card departments of these banks using data from a site like this ( http://www.cnbc.com/id/36471668/page/1 ). For example, I see that Barclays has $32.6 billion of credit issued, whereas Chas has $184 billion issued. However, a major portion of Barclay's credit is issue overseas (more than Chase's I believe), so I would expect at least $184/$32.6 = 5.6 times more adverse actions to reported by Chase than Barclays here if they are equally as strict. Of course, this does not tell us how often adverse actions occur.. just provides us with a way of comparing card issues to each other.

 

Does anyone know any other objective ways to measure relative adverse action or learn more about it? 

Established Contributor
Posts: 554
Registered: ‎09-28-2012
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

[ Edited ]

Well I will bite just to keep this debate alive. In my experience they are more sensitive to INQ's than other lenders. I never was one to stress over INQ's cause they are just a small part of the credit picture. 

 

I opened a NFL card back in 2012  CL 500 , no recon instant appoval. During the christmas season when AA from Barclay became hop topic I even submited a cli to see what would happen knowing very well they may close the account. mind you at the time myoverall limits on my accounts were 20k and with a 5%  usage overall. Sure enough they did stating to many INQ's. Nothing on my cr as far as neg's had appeared , and I am pretty sure my credit actual had gotten better. 

 

 

Thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/barclay-starting-off-the-year-in-barclay-style/td-p/177...

 

 

I still don't think this one way or another will settle this arguement as its too subjective in nature. Its like the Capitol One subprime products v  prime products, and how they can be picky about getting CLI without going to EO. 

 



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Established Contributor
Posts: 802
Registered: ‎01-20-2014
0

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

[ Edited ]

toppers555 wrote:

Well I will bite just to keep this debate alive. In my experience they are more sensitive to INQ's than other lenders. I never was one to stress over INQ's cause they are just a small part of the credit picture. 

 

I opened a NFL card back in 2012  CL 500 , no recon instant appoval. During the christmas season when AA from Barclay became hop topic I even submited a cli to see what would happen knowing very well they may close the account. mind you at the time myoverall limits on my accounts were 20k and with a 5%  usage overall. Sure enough they did stating to many INQ's. Nothing on my cr as far as neg's had appeared , and I am pretty sure my credit actual had gotten better. 

 

 

Thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/barclay-starting-off-the-year-in-barclay-style/td-p/177...

 

 

I still don't think this one way or another will settle this arguement as its too subjective in nature. Its like the Capitol One subprime products v  prime products, and how they can be picky about getting CLI without going to EO. 

 


Toppers555, thank you for your input. 

 

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.