Valued Contributor
Swapmeet

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

Can we add Amex FR stories and the AA resulting from them? A lot of people are scared of that too....haha

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Established Contributor
Vegas247

mxp114 wrote:

Vegas, do you work for Barclays Bank Delaware? :cattongue: Anyway this thread seems really unusual. This forum has reports of every issuer taking AA but does seem to have more Barclays related stories. Besides even if no one posts it doesn't mean anything, perhaps those that meet your criteria don't want to share their experience or haven't seen the thread.

Of course there are people out there that don't want to share their AA...I know that. This isn't a Rasmussen or Gallup poll. But, it's just my opinion that Barclay is given the scarlet letter for no reason,  just like it's anyones opinion that they are ones to look out for and to becareful with...I knew someone was going to say "oh, do you work for Barclay? WOW, we have a winner here folks!!!! LMAO!!! This post was to SHARE, (if people wanted to) real experiences of people who got AA'd by Barclay....and people have voiced their opinion...that's all...you need to relax.....lmao!!! We have a winner here!!!

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $3500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $9000 Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer $8000 Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus 11k VSiggy
Valued Contributor
mxp114

[ Edited ]

Vegas247 wrote:

Of course there are people out there that don't want to share their AA...I know that. This isn't a Rasmussen or Gallup poll. But, it's just my opinion that Barclay is given the scarlet letter for no reason,  just like it's anyones opinion that they are ones to look out for and to becareful with...I knew someone was going to say "oh, do you work for Barclay? WOW, we have a winner here folks!!!! LMAO!!! This post was to SHARE, (if people wanted to) real experiences of people who got AA'd by Barclay....and people have voiced their opinion...that's all...you need to relax.....lmao!!! We have a winner here!!!

People already share their stories in the existing 46 page thread: Barclay CC let's put our heads together and my question was more of a joke, I don't believe you work for Barclays Bank. Finally, I only made one reply whereas you have been posting on other threads directing people here - so it is you that needs to relax. And what do you intend to achieve here? Just wondering.

Established Contributor
Vegas247

[ Edited ]

mxp114 wrote:

Vegas247 wrote:

People already share their stories in the existing 46 page thread: Barclay CC let's put our heads together and my question was more of a joke, I don't believe you work for Barclays Bank. Finally, I only made one reply whereas you have been posting on other threads directing people here - so it is you that needs to relax. And what do you intend to achieve here? Just wondering.

I have read that thread Let's Put Our Heads Together. The reason I created this thread, was to invited anyone that wanted to share their AA from Barclay....And, just as I thought, more people shared that their Barclay Card, even after crazy app sprees of 5 to 20 new accounts, still have their Barclay card intact and that everything is fine.

Ultimately, the reason I posted this thread, was to not let the people who say becareful of Barclay bother me (it bugs me and I start to worry) when someone gets a New Barclay Approval you will always see that one person post  "Don't open any new accounts for 6 months,Barclay is watching....". I believe so far, what I've read on this thread is enough to make me feel at ease with my Barclay Card. I thank all for their input and thank those who have shared their stories. Especially, to those who have shared their crazy app spees and their Barclay Card is still going strong. I really do feel better. 

As far as the Do You Work for Barclay? Like I said, I knew someone was going to say it......and If you say it was a joke I'll let it be just that....but it was really said to be condescending...You basically said...... Are you getting paid from Barclay to show Barclay is not as tight as some people think, because if your not getting paid, why are you wasting your time defending them. 

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $3500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $9000 Discover it® - 18 Month Balance Transfer $8000 Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus 11k VSiggy
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

I love a lively debate so I'll just keep reading and following along quietly 

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/13

Contributor
ArCpa

+ 1

CC: Amex Green ( NPSL) Amex BCE ( 38.1 K ) US Bank Sig Cash ( 20K ) Pen Fed (42K) Chase Freedom ( 7.5K) Discover More (22K ) Cap 1 QSilver (10K) Barclays Rewards (9K) Care Credit (5.5k) Sears (12K) JC Pennys (6K) Dell (15K) Key Bank (19k ) Key Bank (16K) FFO (7.5 K) Shell ( 600) OCCU ( 20K ) City TY (10.5K) CSP (17.5k) Regions ( 18K )Simmons (15K) Regions BLOC (125K) Fuel Rewards MC(10K )Amex Hilton ( 23k)

TU ( MFICO 5/11/14) 812
EQ ( MFICO 5/11/14) 790
EX ( MFICO 5/11/14) 805

Valued Contributor
mxp114

Vegas247 wrote:

I have read that thread Let's Put Our Heads Together. The reason I created this thread, was to invited anyone that wanted to share their AA from Barclay....And, just as I thought, more people shared that their Barclay Card, even after crazy app sprees of 5 to 20 new accounts, still have their Barclay card intact and that everything is fine.

Ultimately, the reason I posted this thread, was to not let the people who say becareful of Barclay bother me (it bugs me and I start to worry) when someone gets a New Barclay Approval you will always see that one person post  "Don't open any new accounts for 6 months,Barclay is watching....". I believe so far, what I've read on this thread is enough to make me feel at ease with my Barclay Card. I thank all for their input and thank those who have shared their stories. Especially, to those who have shared their crazy app spees and their Barclay Card is still going strong. I really do feel better. 

As far as the Do You Work for Barclay? Like I said, I knew someone was going to say it......and If you say it was a joke I'll let it be just that....but it was really said to be condescending...You basically said...... Are you getting paid from Barclay to show Barclay is not as tight as some people think, because if your not getting paid, why are you wasting your time defending them. 

I agree that people are probably too cautious and paranoid with Barclays Bank and have posted about it. However at the same time you seem unusually eager to disprove claims which is why I jokingly asked if you worked for them. I think you're reading way too into that comment and reaching the wrong conclusion about it.

Valued Member
slick_shoes_182

"Please do not feed the trolls."

I hope that people will come here and continue to share their experiences (both good and bad) about financial institutions. If I do a quick search of the forums, I can see that there are very few CLDs, account closures, or other adverse actions reported by any bank, compared to the number of cardholders or people reporting CLIs here. I hope that this means that CLDs are extremely rare. That would make me even more curious about the cause of adverse actions and want to learn from them. Those members are valuable sources of information.

Whether people are not reporting adverse actions because they are rare or because they are embarressed after being punished by a financial institution, and don't want to have their situation criticied here, I don't know. I know I would rather hear, "Congrats on the CLI!" than "It makes sense that they closed your account, your utilization was too high!" or other additional criticism.

Until someone like the CPFB releases stats about CLDs, the easiest objective thing I can think of to measure the frequency of barclays adverse actions is to search for myFico forum topics with  "cld barclays" in the the title, and compare the number of results to "cld chase"  "cld bank of america" "cld boa" etc. I guess I could scale the number of results by the relative size of the credit card departments of these banks using data from a site like this ( http://www.cnbc.com/id/36471668/page/1 ). For example, I see that Barclays has $32.6 billion of credit issued, whereas Chas has $184 billion issued. However, a major portion of Barclay's credit is issue overseas (more than Chase's I believe), so I would expect at least $184/$32.6 = 5.6 times more adverse actions to reported by Chase than Barclays here if they are equally as strict. Of course, this does not tell us how often adverse actions occur.. just provides us with a way of comparing card issues to each other.

Does anyone know any other objective ways to measure relative adverse action or learn more about it? 

Established Contributor
toppers555

[ Edited ]

Well I will bite just to keep this debate alive. In my experience they are more sensitive to INQ's than other lenders. I never was one to stress over INQ's cause they are just a small part of the credit picture. 

I opened a NFL card back in 2012  CL 500 , no recon instant appoval. During the christmas season when AA from Barclay became hop topic I even submited a cli to see what would happen knowing very well they may close the account. mind you at the time myoverall limits on my accounts were 20k and with a 5%  usage overall. Sure enough they did stating to many INQ's. Nothing on my cr as far as neg's had appeared , and I am pretty sure my credit actual had gotten better. 

Thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/barclay-starting-off-the-year-in-barclay-style/td-p/177...

I still don't think this one way or another will settle this arguement as its too subjective in nature. Its like the Capitol One subprime products v  prime products, and how they can be picky about getting CLI without going to EO. 

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Established Contributor
Vegas247

[ Edited ]

toppers555 wrote:

Well I will bite just to keep this debate alive. In my experience they are more sensitive to INQ's than other lenders. I never was one to stress over INQ's cause they are just a small part of the credit picture. 

I opened a NFL card back in 2012  CL 500 , no recon instant appoval. During the christmas season when AA from Barclay became hop topic I even submited a cli to see what would happen knowing very well they may close the account. mind you at the time myoverall limits on my accounts were 20k and with a 5%  usage overall. Sure enough they did stating to many INQ's. Nothing on my cr as far as neg's had appeared , and I am pretty sure my credit actual had gotten better. 

Thread

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/barclay-starting-off-the-year-in-barclay-style/td-p/177...

I still don't think this one way or another will settle this arguement as its too subjective in nature. Its like the Capitol One subprime products v  prime products, and how they can be picky about getting CLI without going to EO. 

Toppers555, thank you for your input. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}