Did you mean: 

The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

tag
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: The NEW Shared Barclay CLD Sharing Time

@Vegas247 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Wow this post looked pretty "real" to me. I must really need to get my eyes checked out STAT!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclays-CLD-in-3-2-1/td-p/2881595

What's the whole story though....this persons income might be low or this persons credits could have taken a dive....a lot of person post here without the whole story and take the victim stance approach......I'm looking for people to share their own Barclay stories not people sharing old links of cry babbies.

@Vegas247 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Wow this post looked pretty "real" to me. I must really need to get my eyes checked out STAT!

What's the whole story though....this persons income might be low or this persons credits could have taken a dive....a lot of person post here without the whole story and take the victim stance approach......I'm looking for people to share their own Barclay stories not people sharing old links of cry babbies.

First, slow down on your approach.  None of us here don't deserve to be called names, we are here to support one another. 

Second, READ the thread....his income states $100k and any given moment he has $10-12k being reported.  Whether if it's from a victim's stand approach, it is a CLD and a STORY of his own being told in a different communication channel (in this case, through a simple link). 

Not trying to start anything here, but my two years here in the forum what I can say is that members have been always supportive of each other....so let's not breakaway from that anytime soon.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 11 of 42
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let me be the second to remind everyone....be supportive and respectful in all comments.

Lexie, myfico Moderator

Message 12 of 42
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

First, slow down on your approach.  None of us here don't deserve to be called names, we are here to support one another. 

Second, READ the thread....his income states $100k and any given moment he has $10-12k being reported.  Whether if it's from a victim's stand approach, it is a CLD and a STORY of his own being told in a different communication channel (in this case, through a simple link). 

Not trying to start anything here, but my two years here in the forum what I can say is that members have been always supportive of each other....so let's not breakaway from that anytime soon.

Ok, I agree, name calling is uncalled for...I think in general, there are hundreds of thousands of people that have a Barclay card, and if you hear of people that get a CLD or a closed account, that's a very tiny fraction of really how many card holders there are. I saw a post today on the credit card section of how a person with a Fingerhut account was CLD....does that make fingurehut or WebBank a company that is strict? who knows? Im sure WebBank and Barclay and any other banks have a lot of people they CLD and they have there reasons for it. Even a hundred stories of Barclay CLD's out of hundreds of thousand a card holders wouldn't  be enough to make a conclusion that Barclay is more strict than other Banks.  But I don't even see a hundreds posts of Barclay CLD. Granted, not everyone that has a Barclay card uses MyFico....

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 13 of 42
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

@Leadberry wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

Vegas, you and I must think alike...I was in the process of making a thread like this one! 

Anyways, this is gonna get nasty...

I don't think it will get nasty, because I think no one has any REAL stories to tell of Barclay CLD or closed accounts. This is just a post to prove no one has any CLD or closed accounts or AAs to share because of too many new cards after they got their Barclay card. It's just a myth, like Big Foot is a myth, like the  Loch Ness Monster, and UFO's.....

You say these people are making up stories, then expect them to post here because you're not willing to search?

Go to google.  Type "barclay closed my account site:myfico.com" and start reading.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-closed-my-account/td-p/2411411

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-closed-my-account-try-for-another/td-p/2697011

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/My-Barclay-CC-was-cancelled/td-p/1265245

First link (Posted 8/30/2013)-------------So about 2 months ago i received a letter from barclay telling me they have closed my account.
Reason on the letter were too much available credit with other lenders.
I didnt even bothered calling them. Last time i used that card was in november 2011. My total CL from when i opened that card was 9k, at the time they closed the account my total cl was 100k+ but 2% utl spread on 2 cards.  (Almost 2 yrs of inactivity on Card, I would close this person too)

I didn't read those threads.  I was simply showing you how to use google search to your advantage.  However, going back to them, how about the others?  I guess that's one way to only point out the information that supports your position and totally ignore everything else.  Gold star for you my friend.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 14 of 42
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:

Ok, I agree, name calling is uncalled for...I think in general, there are hundreds of thousands of people that have a Barclay card, and if you hear of people that get a CLD or a closed account, that's a very tiny fraction of really how many card holders there are. I saw a post today on the credit card section of how a person with a Fingerhut account was CLD....does that make fingurehut or WebBank a company that is strict? who knows? Im sure WebBank and Barclay and any other banks have a lot of people they CLD and they have there reasons for it. Even a hundred stories of Barclay CLD's out of hundreds of thousand a card holders wouldn't  be enough to make a conclusion that Barclay is more strict than other Banks.  But I don't even see a hundreds posts of Barclay CLD. Granted, not everyone that has a Barclay card uses MyFico....

A lot of what happens on these boards is outside the norm.  If anything, that should make what happens to others here more relevant as many on myFICO have very similar credit behaviors (again, which may be outside the norm).

FICO Scores 800+
Message 15 of 42
iwazl71
Frequent Contributor

I think the Barclays CLD hysteria is a bit overblown.  Case point, Last year, I opened about 20 new accounts.  I initially opened 10 accounts in early 2013 and all were reporting before I got the Barclays US Airways card.  Then I proceeded to open up 10 more throughout the next six months.  No issues at all with the Barclays card.  I eventually closed it due to the AA Merger with US Airways.  Then earlier this year, I opened another 5 accounts, one of them a Barclays Hawaiian World Elite. with a 19k limit, again still no issues.  But, I never carry overall Util above 5% and, I always pay in full or in large payments that usually 10x to 15x the minimum amount.

Scores: EQ 796, EX 790, TU 807
Personal and Business Cards: 31 with 763k
High Limit Cards: CSP 50k | BoA Cash 81k | NFCU flagship 60k | Penfed Rewards 50k | Aviator Silver 52k
Message 16 of 42
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I think a lot of this is just "what happens to me is a universal truth", so that those who get CLDd or closed for too many new accounts think Barclays is especially sensitive, whereas those who have opened 20 new accounts with no problems think it never happens (unless there is some other deserving reason).

Unfortunately, it is hard to tell.  I believe we may get slightly more stories about Barclays closing compared to other banks (I think CLD stands out a lot less, many reports of many banks doing that), so maybe there are more sensitive, or maybe it is that the population they initially accept is more risky in some way.

Now clearly opening a card, getting the HP, and then being closed shortly after is bad.  So, if you feel there is a significant increased risk, you need to balance that against the perceived benefits of the card (and for example, Sallie Mae and Arrival are good cards!) and also decide if you want to put off apping to minimize trouble.

Message 17 of 42
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@iwazl71 wrote:

I think the Barclays CLD hysteria is a bit overblown Case point, Last year, I opened about 20 new accounts.  I initially opened 10 accounts in early 2013 and all were reporting before I got the Barclays US Airways card.  Then I proceeded to open up 10 more throughout the next six months.  No issues at all with the Barclays card.  I eventually closed it due to the AA Merger with US Airways.  Then earlier this year, I opened another 5 accounts, one of them a Barclays Hawaiian World Elite. with a 19k limit, again still no issues.  But, I never carry overall Util above 5% and, I always pay in full or in large payments that usually 10x to 15x the minimum amount.

This is a great example of a Barclay cardholder who did not get a CLD or closed account with 20 new accounts....I'm just saying that a lot people (The Barclay Warnning Team) I see here on MyFico would have probably warned iwazl71 initially if they know 20 new accounts would have been opened up,not to app to other Cards for 6 months because Barclay will CLD you or close your account.....

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 18 of 42
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

so here's my story....

i am closing it myself in about 6 months or less,,,,end of story

people are 200x more likely to make a negative comment about a company than a positive one

Message 19 of 42
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

I think a lot of this is just "what happens to me is a universal truth", so that those who get CLDd or closed for too many new accounts think Barclays is especially sensitive, whereas those who have opened 20 new accounts with no problems think it never happens (unless there is some other deserving reason).

Unfortunately, it is hard to tell.  I believe we may get slightly more stories about Barclays closing compared to other banks (I think CLD stands out a lot less, many reports of many banks doing that), so maybe there are more sensitive, or maybe it is that the population they initially accept is more risky in some way.

Now clearly opening a card, getting the HP, and then being closed shortly after is bad.  So, if you feel there is a significant increased risk, you need to balance that against the perceived benefits of the card (and for example, Sallie Mae and Arrival are good cards!) and also decide if you want to put off apping to minimize trouble.

+1

As with everything in credit, YMMV. Barclays never had an issue with my new accounts, but that doesn't mean that it can't happen. If it does, I'll call and just ask to have my account reinstated. No need to stress over something that might not happen.

Message 20 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.