Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The New Citi Mobile App - Touch ID

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

The New Citi Mobile App - Touch ID

Anyone else download the latest version of the Citi app for iOS? They finally added Touch ID and it is overall much more solid. Glad they finally got it together to some degree. That leaves B of A as the only hold out among the major banks. Hopefully it will be in their next update.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: The New Citi Mobile App - Touch ID

The new Citi app is a vast improvement over their old dated one.  I probably like AMEX best of the iOS apps, although Discover might sway me.   Cap One has a really good app, too.   Nice to see Citi is finally keeping pace with the rest of the pack.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 2 of 10
ficobgtx
Regular Contributor

I like the app a lot - but it is the only app I have that Touch ID doesn't work. All of the other apps I have that support Touch ID work fine and I've never had any issues.

When I try and enable it, I get the message: "Looks like you weren't able to enroll in Touch ID right now. Try again later."

It seemed to work OK the first few days after I updated last week - but now I just get this. I deleted the app and added it back - and it still doesn't work.

Amex, Barclay, Cap 1 (and many others) - Touch ID works fine. Not sure what's up with Citi.

Anyone else having issues?

TU - 850 (BOA TU08 FICO/Barclay TU08), 831 (CK FAKO)
EQ - 870 (CITI FICO), 848 (ATFCU FICO), 831 (CK FAKO)
EX - 841 (AMEX FICO)
Message 3 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

t workRe: The New Citi Mobile App - Touch ID

My complaints about it:

1)  Can't toggle between two Citi accounts (TYP and AA on one account, HHonors on another).

2)  You have to hit the settings button to sign out.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@B335is yeah, that is a major problem. They are connected on their website in one account? I guess I am lucky because both of my cards (Double Cash and AAdvantage) are connected.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really like the new app too. Including Amex and Discover. Chase is ok. BOA does need to update for Touch ID and spruce it up a bit.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ficobgtx I haven't had any issues yet. I had issues with Barclays when they first rolled out Touch ID, but no problems with Citi so far.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Anyone else download the latest version of the Citi app for iOS? They finally added Touch ID and it is overall much more solid. Glad they finally got it together to some degree. That leaves B of A as the only hold out among the major banks. Hopefully it will be in their next update.
I hope they get on this soon!!

Message 8 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

Since im new to citi. 5 days. this is all ive ever seen. its pretty good.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi was very lackluster before! I wish BoA would show my rewards atleast.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.